Quantcast
u of c art parkade - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: u of c art parkade

Originally posted by buh_buh
    since when was adverseness to harsh weather related to your merits? I just want my car to be warm by the time I get there.

I paid $12 to park in MacHall...but ah well...at least she is warm

I feel bad for those Lot 10 people, it is outside and it is one of the lots where you don't have a plug...I guess it is $3.50 though, but you could just park in 12 or whatever it is and have a plug in.

My Ride
    SDS Lambo's and nbaker wild

Originally posted by sneek

I paid $12 to park in MacHall...but ah well...at least she is warm

I feel bad for those Lot 10 people, it is outside and it is one of the lots where you don't have a plug...I guess it is $3.50 though, but you could just park in 12 or whatever it is and have a plug in.
    $12 is so expensive i forgot how much it was

I've gotten a ticket for the 2 hour free parking. The time on it was literally 5 minutes after expiration.

I fought it and won. Fucking renta-cop parking authorities at UC. They piss me off.

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

which lot lot at the uofc has a plug?
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

Originally posted by Spoons
    I've gotten a ticket for the 2 hour free parking. The time on it was literally 5 minutes after expiration.

I fought it and won. Fucking renta-cop parking authorities at UC. They piss me off.
    lol i get so many. just dont pay em

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

Originally posted by aklalani
    lol i get so many. just dont pay em
    What happens if you don't pay? Do they keep track of the plates they ticket and call a tow truck if you constantly flout the rule?

no pay, no graduation.
    Have fun with not paying those tickets guys.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Spoons

renta-cops?

Originally posted by 5hift
    You can get from the Art Parkade to the Mackimme Library without going outside. From there its about 20 steps to Mac Hall from where you can get to anywhere on campus without going back outside. If that is too much for you too handle you probably shouldnt be at university.
    the whole campus except mech engg is linked.
    it just takes you about 20 min to walk from art parkade to the gym indoors haha
    parkade-CH-MFH-Admin-Social Sci-Science A- Science B-Mac Hall-Kines-Gym

no pay, no graduation.
    that doesn't make any sense. they don't have your licence plate on your student file. unless they're bored enough to track it. even then. what if i live away from my parents and i drive their car. you can't track it by address or name. smartass.

Payment of Fines
    Parking tickets that remain outstanding are considered a debt to the University and may be subject to the filing of a withhold on a students' account. This withhold would not allow services to be received from the Registrar's office at the University of Calgary.

Originally posted by jwslam

that doesn't make any sense. they don't have your licence plate on your student file. unless they're bored enough to track it. even then. what if i live away from my parents and i drive their car. you can't track it by address or name. smartass.
    Exactly.
    I also have gotten many tickets. Not a single one paid
    There is no way for them to reinforce payment and they have no record of who drove the car. So, how could they withhold your account? It's a scare tactic.

My Ride
    2010 WRX Limited

I got a ticket for having my purchased ticket face down the other day...9 mins after I parked the car haha

Those u of c rent-a-cop's are on top of their shit

Originally posted by flipstah

Is all that time spent hiding your car in a different spot every day, photoshopping a ticket every day, printing, cutting it to a size suitable for a ticket and ACTUALLY getting a ticket worth the $4.00/day you save, assuming you don't get caught the first day?

You seem to be a smart person. If you used your intelligence to help save the world and not cheat it, all is right with the world.
    i can think of at least 3 people off the top of my head who would try this. haha

no pay, no graduation.
    im pretty sure they cant connect the car to your student id. even if they can i got 5 cars so i use a different one everytime and only one is under my name. they cant do anything to my parents. lol

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I am not 100% sure, but they were able to connect my license plate to my name when they sent notification to my house. Whether or not they would withhold my graduation or something like that - we will see.

To tell you the truth I think that $12 for Machall is quite reasonable seeing that it is the only underground parking available on campus, and pretty limited in capacity. Especially when your paying $30 in downtown.

I paid the $12 a day when it got very cold last year, money very well spent.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I paid the $12 a day when it got very cold last year, money very well spent.
    me too
    i was sick and i really didn't feel like walking outside
    plus i didn't have to sweep the f'in snow off my car =]

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

no pay, no graduation.
    don't know if the system has changed, but your license plate is not linked to your student file. there is no way for them to track your parking ticket to you as a student. they can definetely track registration info, as you will receive parking violations in your mailing address. but i don't think they go as far as matching names on the registration to names in the student database.

as evidence, I had a dozen tickets outstanding and I had no problems graduating. peoplesoft should also tell you if you have any outstanding fines, and I have never seen any amount other than 0.00 on that screen.

if the car isnt registered under ur name dont worry about paying the tickets, just worry about getting towed. I have somehow accumulated a few hundred dollars in tickets, and at around $200 they just sent a letter to the registered owner saying if the car is seen on property it will be towed. since that letter i think that car has gotten about $150 more in tickets and still not towed LOL. however now i have to switch up cars just to be safe haha

this is an old thread, but I just got a letter in the mail today not from U of C but from U of A

In accordance with clause 7.5 of the Traffic & Parking Regulations the University reserves the right to withhold indications of academic performance (examination marks, transcripts, diplomas) and to deny registration or access to registration materials for non-payment of fines incurred by students. Vehicles consistently parked illegally are placed on a tow-away list and will be towed from University property...
    So I'm not sure if U of C has the same conditions, but I'm going to assume they're going to be similar although I had tickets dating back to 2005 from U of A and I never had a problem with registration or transcript requests.

gay
    i paid for like 3 tickets when i was at the U of C

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

don't know if the system has changed, but your license plate is not linked to your student file. there is no way for them to track your parking ticket to you as a student. they can definetely track registration info, as you will receive parking violations in your mailing address. but i don't think they go as far as matching names on the registration to names in the student database.

as evidence, I had a dozen tickets outstanding and I had no problems graduating. peoplesoft should also tell you if you have any outstanding fines, and I have never seen any amount other than 0.00 on that screen.
    Correct! But I wouldn't be worried about towing. I'm more worried if they have immobilizers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast