Quantcast
anybody knows anybody that works at THE MET downtown - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: anybody knows anybody that works at THE MET downtown

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Default anybody knows anybody that works at THE MET downtown

so long story short,

i left my pink burberry scarf in the dining room section of the met grill downtown *stephen avenue* when i called the next day to ask them to set it aside for me the lady puts me on holds while she goes check and comes back to tell me there is no burberry scarf in the 'lost and found'.

i'm just wondering if someone knows someone that works there and can just double check to look for it, i know i left it there after we finished eating for a fact...

its a long shot hahahahaha i thought ill just ask.

its so annoying i remember i left my jacket in the coat check of whiskey and the next day i tried to get it back, its like the coat never existed. i handed in my number asked for a coat, nope no coat... seriously do people just think its a free for all?

argh

/rant.

please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride

You left a burberry scarf in a restaruant staffed by minimum wage airheads? Yeah -- it's gone. Sorry! I do the same thing, ALOT, hence the reason in longer spend good money on nice accessories, many people are enjoying the sunglasses that my patio table provided them.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

haha i'll ask my friend.

same thing happened to me at cactus, left my electric sungalsses and my buddy left his prada's on the table and we phoned the next day and they never existed either... but then again thats NE cactus club

My Ride
    06 STG3+ SS

Yeah most places they see a coat left over night and they will just take it, sell it or find a friend in need. People these days are so fucking scummy...I left a jacket at tantra, gone the next day as if it never existed.. I've had friends have the same thing at tequilla, roadhouse and all those fucking dumps. I left my jacket at the Amsterdam rhino one night, came back 2 days later and they still had it, must be the only venue around with some morality..

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by MKR89
    Yeah most places they see a coat left over night and they will just take it, sell it or find a friend in need. People these days are so fucking scummy...I left a jacket at tantra, gone the next day as if it never existed.. I've had friends have the same thing at tequilla, roadhouse and all those fucking dumps. I left my jacket at the Amsterdam rhino one night, came back 2 days later and they still had it, must be the only venue around with some morality..
    or it was just a shitty coat that no one wanted.

jk

moral of the story: don't throw away your money on some silly designer scarf that someone is just going to steal anyhow LOLOLOLOL j/k

but the coat check thing is a completely different story, especially if you have the ticket for it. i mean, you're paying the establishment to hold and care for your coat. otherwise, why not just hang it on some rack and hope another patron doesn't run off with it.

i'm sure they have a sign saying "not responsible for lost or stolen proiperty," but did you try to contact the manager or owner asking them if they could look into it? at the very least, maybe there are a few reports already on a less-than-honest employee who needs replaced.