Originally posted by Xtrema

Small family owned private company. They basically ran it til the banks/creditors close them up.
Not like they couldn't see it coming even a couple weeks before that. They saw the writing on the walls and continued to sell warranties and furniture that they knew they may not be able to meet their obligations on. The warranties are screwed but I hope the purchased furniture will find its way to the rightful owners are at least get their money back

Originally posted by sputnik

Actually Linens 'n Things went into receivership and the company that took over their inventory ran the closing out sales.

However there was a big controversy about the "sales" because the receiver actually increased the prices and then marked them down to the price that Linens 'n Things was originally selling the product for before they went out of business.

There was a piece about it on Global a week or two ago.
Completely missed that story. Sigh so hard to believe in any company these days. I suppose its all about yourself and profit but its getting ridiculous.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Well, just a bit of info for you customers waiting for anything from them....

I know the owners personally, they are family friends and they owe us $2000 for a returned item that was returned 2 years ago. If WE can't get our cash from them after NUMEROUS attempts, stranger customer, good luck.
Well that seems to match up with everything they have done so far.