Quantcast
Official: Bottle depot recycling review - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Bottle depot recycling review

LCD's?! Posters?! Magazines?! Holy shit the only perks you get in the NE Falconridge depot are sticky shoes and black hands, and acute insight into how poverty and alcoholism go hand in hand.

Pretty sure we're getting screwed each time but I still tip these guys. Looks like shit work in a shit place.

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

Originally posted by Ven
    LCD's?! Posters?! Magazines?! Holy shit the only perks you get in the NE Falconridge depot are sticky shoes and black hands, and acute insight into how poverty and alcoholism go hand in hand.

Pretty sure we're getting screwed each time but I still tip these guys. Looks like shit work in a shit place.
    Hahaha sticky shoes. If you jump you can hear it haha

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

I just throw mine in the blue bins. It's not worth my time for $50 a year.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    335i

Tom try the Chestermere station if you have a chance. The ladies there don't seem to count the bottles very closely. I was counting with them as they were stacking and she gave me way more than I had counted. This happened twice with two different people there.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

For me the worse place was the depot in the Atco park off of Crowchild. Don't know if it's still there.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

That place in the atco park I thought made you count your own bottles, unless I am thinking of somewhere else?

I am currently taking in the bottles/cans from my work, and since I come in and load up 1 full bag at a time (I crush them, so ~$25/bag) I count the cans as I throw them in and mark the bags so I know exactly what I should get when I reach the bottle depot. I have been using the Bowness bottle depot for my personal recycling since I got mad at the VRRI depot and I figured this was a good chance to check their honesty.

I've made 2 trips in with the recycling from my work, both trips were ~$75, one was $0.40 short and the other was $5.10 over, so far I have come out ahead almost 5 bucks.

That said, I had one guy walk off and force somebody else to count my bottles when he noticed the numbers written on the bag, seems he took great offense to me knowing the numbers before I came in He was the same guy that shorted me $0.40 on the last trip, I guess he didn't see the numbers written on the bags that time, or maybe he was just having a bad day when he walked off, I don't know.

So far I would recommend the Bowness bottle depot, but this is advice based on only 2 trips. I'll be making another trip some time in February, we'll see how they perform then.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    bus pass... again

at falconridge, i bring in juice box packed back into the original juice box box, 24 box per box i bought in 8 of those, the guy look at me n said 67...
    我係阿仔

I've been doing the bottle returns for my condo the last few months (6-7 big black Kirkland garbage bags a week) and have found this between 2 depots:
    Fish Creek Depot (on Macleod) averages about $8 a bag
    Deerfoot Bottle Depot is around $10 a bag.

25% more at Deerfoot - plus the Deerfoot one is a bit cleaner and they have video screens tallying the amount as they go.

My $0.02.
    I'm not suggesting one place is more honest than the other. All I know it's a dirty, thankless job and don't know if I could ever do it.

Bumpity bump bump time I see.

While we're on the topic, the North Hill Bottle Depot has gone computerized and has really cleaned up their operation - have always been quite happy with the folks there.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The people that hang out in my alley are slipping, sometimes the bag of bottles will be out there for two days before it's picked up. Used to be eight hours tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by BMDUBS
    Hahaha funny thread Thomas!

For everyone, Stay far away from Bowness Bottle Depot on 16 ave N.W. Those damn guys are crooks. I took 3 large garbage bags of bottles in there and they gave me $18.xx!? I figured there was close to $30 worth there.

So the next time, as I was collecting bottles for recycling I was tallying up the bottles so I would get an accurate count. I had a count of $28.xx for 3 bags of bottles. I ended up receiving $23.xx.

Those bastards are stealing to pay for their LCD tv's in thier shop and the 26" rims on their company Escalade
    Old response but oh well. I've been using this bottle depot exclusively for the last 2 years or so. I collect the bottles and cans at work so I get about $100 every 4 weeks. I crush them and count them when I bag them so I know going in exactly what I'm going to get back. So far over ~$2000 worth of bottles I'm ahead by about $10. They have been very very accurate for me and are generally really quick even when the place is slammed.

**EDIT**
    Haha looks like I already responded to this thread 2 years ago. My memory has gone to shit
    Last edited by Zero102; 01-10-2014 at 10:58 PM.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

do these bottle depots accept laundry detergent plastic jugs???
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    do these bottle depots accept laundry detergent plastic jugs???
    If it's not a beverage of some type, then no.
    Will fuck off, again.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

This... when you find yourself standing in line with homeless people in a place that stinks like stale beer, you really need to start evaluating things.
    I had a similar thought about the Saddledome tonight after yet another miserable loss.

Originally posted by e31

I had a similar thought about the Saddledome tonight after yet another miserable loss.
    Best fucking derail ever.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by 300zxfairlday

yes, second
    I used to work there in High School when Dave owned it . Actually such a fun job

Originally posted by signature7
    Do you guys ever tip the counters? If so, how much?
    I would. It usually gets divided upon the employees which is nice.

UPTOWN bottle depot FTW!! Great owner

My Ride
    wrx wagon

BUMP

We live in the SW, been to the bottle depot on Horton Rd SW, however they make you sort all your own bottles yourself. Not a problem for me with half a garbage bag, but a bit too much for my wife to do by herself with $80+ of bottles.

So today she drove 30 mins up to Bowness bottle depot (on 16th ave in Montgomery) since they sort all your bottles for you. Just wondering if anyone knows a bottle depot in the south (we're near Anderson Stn) that does the sorting like they do at Bowness?

Thanks

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I go to the one behind Home Depot on 130th ave(it's actually on 126th ave). They sort and it's computerized. They're pretty honest.

We hit the one off of 114ave SE:

http://www.deerfootbottledepot.com/

Computerized, they sort for you, super quick and simple and they're honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast