Quantcast
green light cameras - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: green light cameras

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Default green light cameras

Did anyone hear the news that they quietly approved putting green light cameras in the same interections as the red light camera?

I am obvoiusly against this but i do have one question and this goes for any photo radar. What is the grace speed you can be caught doing without getting a ticket. For example, if the posted speed limit is 80 and i do 85 do i get a ticket?

Anyways just wondering what other people think of the idea.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

It'll get to the point where we will all be driving base Kia's because you won't be able to inch over the speed limit at all in city limits. boo.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I cannot prove it, but in my experience you can usually get away goign 8-10% over the limit. (i.e. if the limit is 100, you're usually good to go about 108-110, but for 50KM/h I wouldn't go any more than 55.)

freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Probably 5-10%.

You could be possibly get dinged with two tickets... speeding through the intersection on a red light. They were also talking about how it could take up to 3 months to have a ticket sent to you. Good idea at helping control speeding but PITA cause I don't watch my speed that often. I just go with the flow.

My Ride
    Bicycle

They did say fines will start from $120 and up. That tells me they will only get you for 15 over and up.

Hey, we should do an experiment. Since we have 3 month grace, we all should run it at varies speed and see who get a ticket.

My Ride
    Audi

I'd like to thank all the people who speed and pay their tickets for voluntarily contributing to our city revenue. Keep it up, we need more of you so the city doesn't raise property taxes as much and to hire more sanders/graders !

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

I have a setting on my GPS that beeps if I go above a specified speed, that helps a little.

But my question is how they know who was driving. I mean, if I lend my car to my girlfriend and she gets a speeding ticket in it, my insurance doesn't change and I pay nothing, she pays. So how do they know who was driving the car, and when I get a ticket in the mail 3 weeks after it happened, how the hell am I supposed to remember who was driving that day?
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

LAME! People will just slam on their brakes right before the intersection, leading to increased risk of rear-enders, more noise and pollution, and less safety on the roads.
    I'm glad the only one I have to drive through on my daily commute is 14th/Heritage, traffic cameras are WHACK

My Ride
    Rust bucketz

Originally posted by em2ab
    I have a setting on my GPS that beeps if I go above a specified speed, that helps a little.

But my question is how they know who was driving. I mean, if I lend my car to my girlfriend and she gets a speeding ticket in it, my insurance doesn't change and I pay nothing, she pays. So how do they know who was driving the car, and when I get a ticket in the mail 3 weeks after it happened, how the hell am I supposed to remember who was driving that day?

It's the same as any other photo radar...You get nailed, then the bill comes in the mail. It wont affect you're insurance...You will just have to pay it. Just like if you were drivign down deerfoot and a photo radar van gets you...They dont take demerits but you do pay the fine.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by SR240SX

It's the same as any other photo radar...You get nailed, then the bill comes in the mail. It wont affect you're insurance...You will just have to pay it. Just like if you were drivign down deerfoot and a photo radar van gets you...They dont take demerits but you do pay the fine.
    By you, you mean who? How do I figure out who pays the fine because I have no idea who was driving my car that day?
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by em2ab

By you, you mean who? How do I figure out who pays the fine because I have no idea who was driving my car that day?
    Then don't lend your car to people who will speed and get tickets in it - this is just like any other photo radar...you the registered owner will get the ticket.

Originally posted by SR240SX

Apparently that only works up until a certain point. A Beyond member got a photoradar ticket delivered to his house by a police officer recently.

Mind you it was significant speeding (more than 50km/h over the limit). But still, responsibility had to be taken in that case.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I really wonder about the tolerence they will have on these cameras. The photo radar jocks have cranked down the tolerence they go off at. Back on Decemeber 2nd I got two photo radar tickets in one day. Both were for doing 60kms in a 50km zone. I nevr had them go off for only 10 over before.

This town is getting to be more and more a police state. Stab someone downtown and you will likely get away with it. Forget to shovel your walk or commit a traffic violation near the end of the month and they'll get you.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by rotten42

This town is getting to be more and more a police state. Stab someone downtown and you will likely get away with it. Forget to shovel your walk or commit a traffic violation near the end of the month and they'll get you.
    LOL... How many times have you sped and gotten away with it? Almost everyday?

My Ride
    Grimace

No license plates ftw
    Not a fan of the idea, but I guess I will just watch out for the red light cameras, the only one I really drive past is the John Laurie & 53st one.

My Ride
    Hatred

People could always try the obvious... Don't Speed.

From the sounds of the article I was reading they had no intentions on setting it really close to the speed limit but more to ticket people who are exessively speeding. I think that this is a good thing. Why shouldn't we get ticketed for speeding?

Originally posted by rotten42
    Forget to shovel your walk or commit a traffic violation near the end of the month and they'll get you.
    How does someone forget to shovel their walk.... you walk on it everytime you enter or exit your home. Seems like that should be a reminder enough.
    -U

My Ride
    jdm b18c

Originally posted by a social dsease
    LAME! People will just slam on their brakes right before the intersection, leading to increased risk of rear-enders, more noise and pollution, and less safety on the roads.
    I'm glad the only one I have to drive through on my daily commute is 14th/Heritage, traffic cameras are WHACK
    +2

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Yep, my license plate will be pretty "dirty" most of the year form now on!!

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Have they said what day they will start issuing tickets and what locations the cameras will be at?

This is the same as that "speed on green" function that all of our red light cameras already had but was never used, no?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast