Quantcast
The Official "I AM DONE XMAS SHOPPING" Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I AM DONE XMAS SHOPPING" Thread

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default The Official "I AM DONE XMAS SHOPPING" Thread

HA! FINISHED! Nobody left to buy for! I went to the mall today to get the final, last gift for ONE person and I was ready to start breaking necks man. The malls are a total ZOO!

Time to sit back and sip some "hot cocoa" and watch all the other suckers... I mean people... have fun with their shopping

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

The suckers are the ones that went to the mall in the first place, online is where its at.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

word. finished today as well. didn't even set foot inside a mall and don't plan on doing so until well into the new year.

happy holidays folks.

My Ride
    Mom-van

I stuck to the Tim Horton's China mug and coffee pack and quick pay card for any of the Timmy's drinkers on my list. Figure they can take them to work and make awesome noises like on the doucebag commerical. "aah?" "yeah!!"
    ~*Leah*~

Even though my family no longer does the gift exchange (we stopped years ago), we only do it for the little ones and my siblings and I to our parents...but siblings to siblings, nope. Xmas was never about gifts to any of us, plus we all hated having to shop for each other ha.

I finished mine 3 weeks ago, I always do my xmas shopping in Nov. and its incredibly nice only having to buy for a few people. I do admit though, i again spoiled my niece and nephew rotten this xmas, ive just been spending, spending, spending on endless goodies for them. I keep saying thats it, then ill be in some store and see something that they would like and out goes my wallet
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    The suckers are the ones that went to the mall in the first place, online is where its at.
    Haha, yea, well, I didn't think of that until a few days ago. I tend to shop online for myself, but when buying gifts for people I like to see what it is I'm purchasing for them.
    Originally posted by 1997GSR
    word. finished today as well. didn't even set foot inside a mall and don't plan on doing so until well into the new year.

happy holidays folks.
    Lucky! I plan on hiding out on boxing day. Sales or no sales, I am NOT dealing with the horde.
    Originally posted by ~Leah~
    I stuck to the Tim Horton's China mug and coffee pack and quick pay card for any of the Timmy's drinkers on my list. Figure they can take them to work and make awesome noises like on the doucebag commerical. "aah?" "yeah!!"
    Hahahaha I can see that too. I don't really have a ton of friends who are avid timmies drinkers, but I did buy 5 boxes of turtles chocolates as "just in case" gifts for people that I forgot about. Looks like they're all mine now.
    Originally posted by copynpaste
    Even though my family no longer does the gift exchange (we stopped years ago), we only do it for the little ones and my siblings and I to our parents...but siblings to siblings, nope. Xmas was never about gifts to any of us, plus we all hated having to shop for each other ha.

I finished mine 3 weeks ago, I always do my xmas shopping in Nov. and its incredibly nice only having to buy for a few people. I do admit though, i again spoiled my niece and nephew rotten this xmas, ive just been spending, spending, spending on endless goodies for them. I keep saying thats it, then ill be in some store and see something that they would like and out goes my wallet
    I put a $50 cap on my friends generally, but for family (ie- mom/dad) I don't have a set budget. My mother and father were both very good to me when I first moved out and was getting on my feet, and now that I'm comfortable I like being able to spend a little bit more on their gifts.

But, generally, we don't do a huge gift exchange for aunts, uncles, etc. etc.

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

finished 7 weeks ago..

did all the shopping at a US outlet store

My Ride
    CBR600RR

I bought ~90% of my gifts online this year, sooooo much better. And it makes me get it done earlier. Now I've just got to find the motivation to wrap them
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Took a trip this year so no shopping for me!!!!

Official Christmas Asshole!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Originally posted by A790

Haha, yea, well, I didn't think of that until a few days ago. I tend to shop online for myself, but when buying gifts for people I like to see what it is I'm purchasing for them.

Lucky! I plan on hiding out on boxing day. Sales or no sales, I am NOT dealing with the horde.

Hahahaha I can see that too. I don't really have a ton of friends who are avid timmies drinkers, but I did buy 5 boxes of turtles chocolates as "just in case" gifts for people that I forgot about. Looks like they're all mine now.

I put a $50 cap on my friends generally, but for family (ie- mom/dad) I don't have a set budget. My mother and father were both very good to me when I first moved out and was getting on my feet, and now that I'm comfortable I like being able to spend a little bit more on their gifts.

But, generally, we don't do a huge gift exchange for aunts, uncles, etc. etc.
    Not to sound mean but I dont buy gifts for any of my buds, and never have. But I always tell them not to buy for me - most of my buds couldnt care less about gift exchange anyways. Why bother - we usually just go out for a nice dinner or lunch during the holidays and thats enough. This year, were having brunch Sunday

Family I never have a limit on, I really only have to buy for the little ones cause my parents always prefer just cash so I usuallly just give them $1000 each and put it in a nice card, every christmas and they can do whatever they want with it.

And maybe its just me, but im still not feeling it this year - it just doesnt feel like xmas is next week. This year flew by like nothing.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

DONE and DONE

My Ride

Originally posted by copynpaste

Not to sound mean but I dont buy gifts for any of my buds, and never have. But I always tell them not to buy for me - most of my buds couldnt care less about gift exchange anyways. Why bother - we usually just go out for a nice dinner or lunch during the holidays and thats enough. This year, were having brunch Sunday
    Fair enough. I just bought for a few close friends, and it wasn't anything stupid. It was things like a couple of cigars + cutter so we could have a cigar, or a nice bottle of wine + glasses so we could share some wine. My one buddy needed new sheets so I got him some nice sheets (I'm sure his GF will appreciate that more than him though, ha).

Originally posted by A790

Fair enough. I just bought for a few close friends, and it wasn't anything stupid. It was things like a couple of cigars + cutter so we could have a cigar, or a nice bottle of wine + glasses so we could share some wine. My one buddy needed new sheets so I got him some nice sheets (I'm sure his GF will appreciate that more than him though, ha).
    Ya, a big reason why my siblings and I and my buds dont buy for each other is because it just gives you an excuse to get all caught up in the superficial nature of xmas. Christmas is now just way too materialistic for me.

I know theres still a lot of people out there who still look past the gifts and all, but man some of the people in my office...adults and all, its pathetic seeing their outlooks on xmas. They bitch if they dont get what they want, just want this, want that..everything has to be perfect, their gift has to be handed to them on a silver platter...
    Last edited by copynpaste; 12-19-2008 at 05:53 PM.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

DONE and even WRAPPED already. First time in my life I've been done shopping more than a week before christmas, usually I'm totally busy with exams this time of year. Now that I'm working I've had a bit more time to shop, made a point of going to Sunridge on my lunchbreak for a few days last week, then finished it up after work on wednesday. Feels great to not have to worry about that crap anymore.
    MERRY XMAS!

My Ride
    Canyonero

ugghhhhhh

My Ride
    NC1

I just had to buy a few things and everyone got the same thing, Chinook Center gift card (also valid at Market Mall and any Cadillac Fairview malls across the country).
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

ooooo I wonder what Redlyne got me this year....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Honda

DONE...just need to do the wrapping...to those heading out this weekend, good luck finding parking, nevermind the lineups

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

How bout a thread for those who haven't started yet?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    How bout a thread for those who haven't started yet?

Same!
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast