Quantcast
LF: Garage Door Repair - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LF: Garage Door Repair

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default LF: Garage Door Repair

I need to find a garage door repairman so I won't have to spend 5 minutes trying to get into my garage everytime I come home. Anyone have any recommendations?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    corolla type "r"

DIY , its pretty simple..

you have a rail, you have a door, rail needs to be straight, door will be straight. they been making doors and rails for thousands of years...

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by 10secondpaki

you have a rail, you have a door, rail needs to be straight, door will be straight. they been making doors and rails for thousands of years...
    we are having the same issue, and that is def not our problem
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    2010 Hyundai Elantra

Originally posted by 10secondpaki

It actually isn't that easy, hence the reason for garage door repairman. you can actually get quite hurt messing with something that you don't understand. Do you even know how much tension is on the one or two torsion springs?

Call my buddy Jim @ 403-837-8787 and tell him Justin let you know about him.

Creative Door Services Limited

www.creativedoor.com

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by justincalgary

It actually isn't that easy, hence the reason for garage door repairman. you can actually get quite hurt messing with something that you don't understand. Do you even know how much tension is on the one or two torsion springs?

You know if he can/would do any work on a Sunday before Christmas?

What is your problem? Is it that the opener gets stuck going part way down and you have to use the inside button to close it holding the button down until the door is all the way down? I am having that problem right now too and not sure how to fix it. How much would someone charge to come out and fix this sort of problem?

My Ride
    2010 Hyundai Elantra

If he wants to make money he will do work, give him a shout I am sure it wouldn't be a problem. He is pretty good with working with peoples time tables.

My Ride
    2010 Hyundai Elantra

Originally posted by cornelius85
    What is your problem? Is it that the opener gets stuck going part way down and you have to use the inside button to close it holding the button down until the door is all the way down? I am having that problem right now too and not sure how to fix it. How much would someone charge to come out and fix this sort of problem?
    That sounds like your "eyes" aren't aligned anymore. It isn't the easiest thing to do, but you just have to get the eyes to look directly at each other. Your door is thinking that something is in the way so it won't close.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

My door opens about a foot then stops. Then it goes back down then up the foot then down etc. Don't know what to do

I've had to adjust my "downward" and "upward" force in the colder weather. Mine are located in the opener, and each adjustment dial has a + or - . I increase mine to the + side just enough so the door opens and closes all the way. When the weather warms up, I back off the adjustments.

Hope this helps.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

PM Jlude, he refered a great guy to me.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

That sounds like your "eyes" aren't aligned anymore. It isn't the easiest thing to do, but you just have to get the eyes to look directly at each other. Your door is thinking that something is in the way so it won't close.
    Its not the eyes. They are fine. It is with the cold weather there seems to be more resistance at certain points of the track. Not sure if you can adjust it, or what you can do. My downward force is at the max too. It binds at the bend when the wheels have to start travelling down the track.

Sounds like your springs aren't providing the correct resistance/tension and it is causing the door to bind up. If you don't know how to correctly adjust these doors, don't do it yourself like suggested in the thread here... Especially with the cold weather I'd hate to see an over torqued spring snap on you.

Wow...I was just about to search for this. Don't wanna hijack this thread but I don't wanna create a new one either.

Out of nowhere, our garage door won't open all the way. Everytime we try to open it, it'll hit the ground and go back up as if something was in the way.

I do not have the knowledge or skills to fix this, so I might just use that number that was posted up there.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

basically the door sticks at 3 or 4 spots and it takes me opening and closing it a bunch of times in order to get it to open all the way.

Jim came around and fixed our garage door. Really friendly guy. Would recommend him to anyone that needs their garage fixed.

Thanks Justin!

What did he charge?

Originally posted by sputnik
    What did he charge?
    Well, one of the springs was busted, so he replaced both of them.

Came to $220. Parts included. I gave him a little extra for fixing another issue with our opener that others might have not bothered to look at.

My Ride
    2015 JGC SRT, 2011 Audi S5, MB CLS, 2015 HD RGS

Hey, Jim's a good buddy of mine too. Does excellent work and if he is around he will do the repair at a reasonable price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast