Quantcast
FS: Piece of paper giving you cost at Soundsaround - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Piece of paper giving you cost at Soundsaround

My Ride
    GT TDi

Default FS: Piece of paper giving you cost at Soundsaround

Ok, this might be a little weird, but I really have no use for it, so I'm seeing if I can find people that do.

Basically, I have a letter from the manager and signed by him, Macleod location, saying that anything purchased showing it will give you cost. Now I assume this is a one time thing, not sure. But still. So, how much does Soundsaround markup stuff? 20-30%? So, if you have a group of friends wanting to buy stuff say totalling $10,000, probably you can get it all for $7,500. Well you get the picture. So save a pretty penny. There is nothing stating what you can/cannot buy, or for how much.

Anyway, asking $200 for this thing. If you have other ideas, let me know.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

Sounds like a deal to me! i give you 200 bucks and you give me a piece of paper that says i get cost from a store you dont work at or have any afiliation to.

im not trying to be an ass or anything but you may want to rethink your offer. What is going to stop the retailer from saying that this is a worthless piece of crap and denying any compensation whatsoever. And just because it doesnt say that it has limitaions, doesnt mean that it doesnt.

how about a little background on how you aquired this little piece of paper.

once again im not trying to start shit or flex my internet muscle, im just saying that you may be going about this the wrong way. my suggestion would be to go down with whomever you sell it to and pick up the stuff therefore the person who buys it wont end up getting screwed in the end.

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

My Ride
    GT TDi

yes, i understand, i would feel the same way.

i got this thing because it took them 3 days to install a system in my car, instead of the few hours promised originally. so after going back several times, it was finally done. i talked to the manager, and thats what we agreed on in order to compensate me.

and yes, i can go down with whoever and make all the purchases before hand, i dont want to rip anyone off.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Bart is a good guy, I'll vouch for him and there are others that would too.

My Ride
    NC1

lol

First the bus pass, now this

Only question is, how would you know if it is cost or not?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

ask to see the dealer invoice on the items you're buying

hmmmmmmmmmmm......... well if it actually works maybe there is a chance but i think you'll have to make sure it works for the people before you can sell it! Does it say your name on it anywhere. I dunno maybe go in there one day and pretend your into buying something and then show em the letter and see if they honor it, because if it actually works then i might be interested!
    Last edited by gongSHOW; 09-29-2003 at 08:16 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Here's a little something about Soundsaround cost...

My friend is a good friend of the owner of the chain. Called up to tell 'em that we're coming to buy some stuff, and make sure he gives it to us at cost. So we go to the store and picked up a few decks (2 LCD/DVDs, 1 mp3 deck).

Compared to the advertised price, the "cost" listed on the computer was $1 cheaper on the LCD/DVD. The mp3 deck was $10 *more* than the friggin' advertised price. If I remember right, I paid $10 more than anyone else if they went to the store (I didn't notice till after I bought it).

I believe the "cost" in the system is there to scam you into thinking they're making no money. As with any business, they can't sell things at "cost" and stay in business.

Future Shop does the same thing. Sometimes their "cost" in their database is more than what they sell for. It's crazy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    GT TDi

see thats possible, because i have had friends who were shown prices on their computers or certain stuff before, normally nobody would do that. but thats beside the point. i'm just saying i have this, and if all of beyond wants to do a group buy on tons of stuff, ahaha, lets see what happens.

yes this paper does have my name on it. so technically i would have to purchase everything i think, unless we can go in and see if we can get this transferred to another person.

but ya, if anyone has any ideas, and if i have time, i can go there with you.

i'm just liquidating stuff i dont need, ponoka has been expensive for me last weekend. i guess you shouldnt mix "176" and "ponoka" in the same sentence.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    NC1

Here's a little something about Soundsaround cost...

My friend is a good friend of the owner of the chain. Called up to tell 'em that we're coming to buy some stuff, and make sure he gives it to us at cost. So we go to the store and picked up a few decks (2 LCD/DVDs, 1 mp3 deck).

Compared to the advertised price, the "cost" listed on the computer was $1 cheaper on the LCD/DVD. The mp3 deck was $10 *more* than the friggin' advertised price. If I remember right, I paid $10 more than anyone else if they went to the store (I didn't notice till after I bought it).

I believe the "cost" in the system is there to scam you into thinking they're making no money. As with any business, they can't sell things at "cost" and stay in business.

Future Shop does the same thing. Sometimes their "cost" in their database is more than what they sell for. It's crazy.

Talk about shady business dealings! Did you psycho on them afterwards?:tongue:
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I'm not sure for Soundsaround and Futureshop but I do know of a lot of chains taht liquidate their inventory for less than they paid for it. Although they are losing money on what they are selling the are opening room for new items that they can sell with HUGE mark-ups. I also know that back when I used to get pro-deals on sporting goods the companies would often offer 15-25% below cost...which tells me that cost is just like a MSRP. Just food for thought.

My Ride
    '92 Chev "K" Blazer Sport

Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

how about a little background on how you aquired this little piece of paper.

Payment for "services rendered??"

Originally posted by BigMass
    ask to see the dealer invoice on the items you're buying

businesses don't do this. if they show you a dealer invoice it was made to show the customer and thats it. it is not legit.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Years and years ago, I knew a Soundaround guy and when I bought my amp he said there were 3 pricing levels for things. He showed me the comp screen with retail, next was about 10-15 percent lower, next was like 20% and the 3rd was 30% or so. He said the last one was for insurance companies but the other 2 were flexible for the sales guys. Less commision the lower the price.

Now I use a local car guy that works at one of the stores - I dunno if its cost or not but his price for my radar detector was just over half of what Visions quoted me.

So if you use the paper above, you "should" be substantially less than Visions or FS - do your homework and shop around first.

Khyron

wow good to know

My Ride
    335i

No matter what you may think, soundsaround does not sell at "below cost" or any other store. They have tremendous buying power, and you would be surprised at how cheap it is. Think of ebay sellers. They have stereo equipment that is sometimes hundreds less. Now compare soundsaround, that is purchasing in quantities unimaginable to the average ebay seller. They get incredible deals. When you see something advertised as being "below cost", it's just been set at something close to their cost, to cover their asses because it was not a hot seller.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by gongSHOW
    hmmmmmmmmmmm......... well if it actually works maybe there is a chance but i think you'll have to make sure it works for the people before you can sell it! Does it say your name on it anywhere. I dunno maybe go in there one day and pretend your into buying something and then show em the letter and see if they honor it, because if it actually works then i might be interested!

I agree with gongSHOW.

I am interested as well if it works.
    Last edited by Dahero; 09-30-2003 at 10:08 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by davidI
    I'm not sure for Soundsaround and Futureshop but I do know of a lot of chains taht liquidate their inventory for less than they paid for it.
    I see you fell for it .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90 335i

There's so many versions of "cost". Each store has a "cost" whether that be Scamsaround or Future Shop. But in reality that is not the true "cost". The true cost is what HQ buys the product from the distributors for. The cost the retail store has already has some markup for transportation etc. The "cost" us schmoes get is marked up once again. So when you're told you're getting cost, think about which "cost" you're truly getting. It's like buying crack from the street, every crackwhore who's handled your smack along the distribution line has probably watered it down with laundry detergent and rat poison. Everyone takes a cut along the way....
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I know I got my cell phone car charger at "cost". The retail price that everyone pays for it is $30. I got it for $2.10. That is a 93% dicount or a 1400% markup. You can't tell me that other electronic stuff isn't marked up just as high. Even if it is only marked up 100%, that is still double what they paid for it.

There is a reason why these places stay in business... they are making money from their customers... even selling at "cost."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast