Quantcast
Hyundai Gallery Calgary Reaction to Car Cost Canada - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai Gallery Calgary Reaction to Car Cost Canada

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

Default Hyundai Gallery Calgary Reaction to Car Cost Canada

So I set up a CCC account, and got my price on a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe. I went into the Hyundai Gallery in Calgary and I do the test drive, etc etc. The sales manager comes, introduces himself to us, tells us there are going to be more incentives comming monday from Hyundai.

My fiance and I decide on the color. I then tell the salesman upfront no BS that I have a Car Cost Canada report, and he was good about it, said that he hasnt dealt with it often, and calls his sales manager over.

Well this guy started bashing the hell out of CCC saying they are never accurate, they dont know what their talking about, gave me some story about a guy not buying from him because the report was out and he only had 900.00 of mark up.

So 2 things...

Is this guy talking out of his A$$???

2- Should I even have brought it up? I got a email from Calgary Hyundai about 20 mins after I left the Hyundai Gallery- saying they saw my name come up on a search for a Hyundai Santa Fe. And they would like my business. Are they going to tell me the same thing???

I used to sell cars (6 years ago) and I sold Honda's- Now I know there was at least 2000.00 mark up on the cars, and the dealers get back end rebates to make it worth while to sell their cars... I mean common- you can't tell me they only make a lot of money off of service...

What would you all do???
    Last edited by italianunit; 12-21-2008 at 11:39 AM.
    Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant!

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

dude- don't troll the thread unless you have something important to add to it... why did you buy a Mazda???

I am buying the Hyundai Santa Fe, because it is a good vehicle, bang for my buck, and because I dont like Mazda, Kia and want something a little bigger than a RAV 4 or a CRV.

1) the manager is doing his job, that is, trying to maximize the commission for the salesman. doesn't have to be a dick about it but that's what good managers do.

2) how you do your shopping is your own business but if it were me i would waited until a re pore was built with the salesman before pressuring him.

if you previously worked in the industry shouldn't you know the ins and outs of being both consumer and salesman?

Car Cost Canada is definately accurate. I would recommend you go to Calgary Hyundai because they usually have a deal where they will sell you the vehicle for $500-1000 above invoice.

I know years ago, when i was with my friend buying his Honda Pilot, we ran the CCC report. Right away we got an e-mail saying that Honda West will sell him the vehicle for $500 above invoice. He lived near Crowfoot Honda, so we went there, they said BS. We then went to Honda West where they did sell him the Pilot for $500 over invoice. CCC is accurate, don't let the manager dick you around. He needs your business more then you need to buy that vehicle from him. Don't ever forget that.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

Originally posted by yue
    1) the manager is doing his job, that is, trying to maximize the commission for the salesman. doesn't have to be a dick about it but that's what good managers do.

2) how you do your shopping is your own business but if it were me i would waited until a re pore was built with the salesman before pressuring him.

if you previously worked in the industry shouldn't you know the ins and outs of being both consumer and salesman?
    Why should it be a secret... they sit there and try to get you pay as much as possible... tell them straight up you know their cost and where you got it from, and let them know you dont want any BS...

We have two different ways of negotiating... I think throw this at them... put the ball in their court... and see what they do with it...

besides another dealer emailed me because CCC sends them an email... See below:

Good morning Rocky,

My name is Lucas Murphy, and I’m the assistant manager over at Calgary Hyundai. My job here is to make sure you have a very easy, warm, and knowledgeable experience. When you come to the dealership, or deal with me over the internet, expect 100% from me. To run down why I have contacted you so quickly, it is because I noticed you pulled some quotes off Car Cost Canada. I wanted to let you know I’d be happy to be the individual to assist you, and provide you with all options in making the right choice with your purchase. Please call me if you have any questions, or if you know a time and date you can stop by, I’ll be here for you. Have a fantastic day Rocky.

Lucas Murphy

Assistant Manager / Sales Consultant

Calgary Hyundai

1920 23rd st NE

Calgary, Alberta T2E-8N3

ph: (403) 250-9990

fax: (403) 250-9430

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

You should re-title your thread
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    e92 M3

Thumbs up for the Santa Fe. My buddy bought one and is very happy with the vehicle. He isn't happy with the service here in Edmonton but that's another thread.

I used CCC to buy my BMW, and they didn't care less. It is still about salesmanship and negotiating, and if the stealership doesn't want to deal with you take you business elsewhere. I'd also write to Hyundai Canada and the principle of the stealership.

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Happy now

My Ride
    e92 M3

I'm slow writing my replys.

Go see Lucas at the other dealership. He wants your business, so I'd give it to him.

If Hyundai Gallery calls you back asking you to come back I'd throw it back in their faces saying you bought elsewhere and was very happy with the price.
    2010 BMW X5 35d
    2009 BMW M3 e92

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

Thats what I am going to do. I dont think I did anything wrong. And if trying to get the best deal and being up front is my fault and a bad thing... then I guess we're all screwed.

I understand you wanting the lowest price possible but I am sure if the manager sold you the car at the price you wanted, he was going to hear from HIS superior.

Companies all tend to have the same goal. Profit. I actually can't believe you wrote this thread and were surprised by the reaction you received.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

done and done my friend...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

CCC is accurate and you should be able to get cost +500 - 1000 easily. Unless you're buying a domestic where it's possible to get a car below cost.

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    I understand you wanting the lowest price possible but I am sure if the manager sold you the car at the price you wanted, he was going to hear from HIS superior.

Companies all tend to have the same goal. Profit. I actually can't believe you wrote this thread and were surprised by the reaction you received.
    Seriously dude... are you on crack?????

If you happened to look at other forums than here you would know that what I did was not unreasonable.

Remember, the auto industry now more than ever needs my money... it may not be a 100k porsche but every little bit helps.

Even if the industry wasn't hurt by the Economic down turn, I still aproached this deal the same way I did last year with Calgary Honda, and I bought my honda for 575.00 more than invoice, using the same Car Cost Canada...

Dec 8th 2007 was when I bought my 2008 Civic LX using Car cost canada's invoicing.

I didnt pay for the police tracking thing, block heater, wheel nuts, and I paid 575.00 above invoice.

Thats why I am a little perplexed, as they are all part of the same ownership group.

So I dont know where you think you're comments hold water, as I already know that dealers will sell for a good deal. I take it your a car salesman.

Monday I am going to Calgary Hyundai, where the Asst. Manager knows the report I have. He is willing to deal with me on this. I will see what he has to say. If they want the business, then they will talk.

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Oh and we never talked price... I merely told him I had the report and the manager freaked!

My Ride
    NC1

The manager should have taken you seriously and offered you a no bs deal to close things. Sounds like he was just power tripping lol

BTW, CCC doesn't always work. Trying taking it to Benz on one of their $80K cars. They'll tell you if you don't want to pay MSRP, you won't get the car lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Am I on crack? Whoa defensive, buddy. You came in and openly told them about the report that they know will force them to lower prices. You expect him to be happy?

If that's how you reacted to my internet post that didn't attack you in any way, I'm willing to bet you are just as charming in person.

Good luck!

PS @ me being a car salesman....I just know business....aren't car dealers businesses?

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic LX-SR

Originally posted by max_boost
    The manager should have taken you seriously and offered you a no bs deal to close things. Sounds like he was just power tripping lol

BTW, CCC doesn't always work. Trying taking it to Benz on one of their $80K cars. They'll tell you if you don't want to pay MSRP, you won't get the car lol
    lol... Usually those who are buying a Benz can afford to pay a little more than me

My Ride
    2005 F350

i can't believe some of the rants here. stealerships? you call them that because they want to make a profit? when did profit become a dirty word?

do you go to a clothing store and say "i know you paid $50 for those jeans that are listed at $300 so i'll only pay you $60. don't get mad at me because i'm the buyer..."

businesses have people they need to pay, rent, bills just like you and me.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast