Quantcast
Rant-Garbage Piling Up in Your Neighbourhood? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rant-Garbage Piling Up in Your Neighbourhood?

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Default Rant-Garbage Piling Up in Your Neighbourhood?

Apparently, the city of Calgary, in their infinite wisdom, decided to move garbage pick up BACK one day because of Christmas and now half of the houses in our neighbourhood have garbage piled up in the front yards.
    So, just in case someone misses the notice (like me ) you would think it would be smart to move pick up day AHEAD a day for those who's day is Thursday (Christmas). The first pick up day after Christmas is usually the biggest pick up day from what I usually see, so now we are adding another day to the pile. Plus the street looks like crap.
    Man, I am sounding more and more like a bitter old man! What's next-peeking through the blinds and calling in parking complaints?

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

I was wondering why all the garbage in our neighborhood was still out front. gross. It's going to be insane piles come next pick up
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Go to know, I never got a notice. It's a damned eye sore in a lot of places right now.

My Ride

I sent an e-mail to Ric and Dave but I expect nothing.
    And I thought I missed something but my wife informs me that there was no notice in our mail, nor did we get a door hanger notice. Anyone actually get a notice in the mail?
    And instead of moving Thursday ahead to Friday, they move all days except Friday BACK a day! Only in Calgary!

My Ride
    SRT

not even gonna read what you wrote, but i'll say this:

what the fuck has happened to beyond... every little small thing, someone makes a topic to bitch about it.... some guy bitches coz he cant fly out during a storm, others bitch that the roads suck the second it starts snowing a little harder, now GARBAGE? after how much snow has pilled out in most communities?? damn........

can we establsih a 'rant' subsection, somewhere in the depths of the forums where no body looks?
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    SRT

Default Re: Rant-Garbage Piling Up in Your Neighbourhood?

Originally posted by ianmcc

Man, I am sounding more and more like a bitter old man! What's next-peeking through the blinds and calling in parking complaints?
    haha yup

seriously though, most people will just stick the bags back in the garage for a couple days and that'll be it... coz word spreads around the neighbourhood... you say hi to people, you make small talk...

Everybody is a Kritafo.

Her influence has taken over beyond.

Originally posted by riceeater
    not even gonna read what you wrote, but i'll say this:

what the fuck has happened to beyond... every little small thing, someone makes a topic to bitch about it.... some guy bitches coz he cant fly out during a storm, others bitch that the roads suck the second it starts snowing a little harder, now GARBAGE? after how much snow has pilled out in most communities?? damn........

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Default Re: Rant-Garbage Piling Up in Your Neighbourhood?

Apparently, the city of Calgary, in their infinite wisdom, decided to move garbage pick up BACK one day because of Christmas and now half of the houses in our neighbourhood have garbage piled up in the front yards.
    So, just in case someone misses the notice (like me ) you would think it would be smart to move pick up day AHEAD a day for those who's day is Thursday (Christmas). The first pick up day after Christmas is usually the biggest pick up day from what I usually see, so now we are adding another day to the pile. Plus the street looks like crap.
    The garbage is piling up because you and your neighbours probably didn't know that garbage day, in fact, did move UP one day. Simply said, you and your neighbours missed the garbage man this week.
    Garbage day in our neighbourhood is Thursdays, which means it was moved to today. I left it out last night and it was gone when I went to work this morning. Looks like the City is smart afterall.
    Be glad it's not 30degrees above - imagine what your garbage would smell like in a week.

http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server....y+Schedule.htm

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I put my garbage out yesterday, I figured no one will be going out on the 25th. So I guessed either 24th or 26th.

My Ride

My biggest complaint is we received no notice that it was going back a day.
    Oh, and the neighbour with the two landscaping trailers in his driveway. And the neighbour who parks facing the wrong way. And people who shovel the snow out into the street. And the City, who doesn't sand my street.
    Hold on-someones driving down the street-gotta get a quick look-BRB!!!

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. I'll just put my two bags in the garage until next week. Not, that asshole with 8 bags-I should call and complain.......

My biggest complaint is we received no notice that it was going back a day.

Frozen rice just showed u a link with dates... its not the city's responsibility to make sure you check the dates...

But that being said, my garbage is piled up too...

My Ride
    98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

Here it's common knowledge that if your pick up day is a major holiday (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc), your trash won't be picked up until the day after.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

The garbage workers need a day off too. And how is this a big deal really, the streets are already ugly as hell with the 3 week old dirty snow everywhere and the garbage is all frozen now so its won't be stinking or anything either.

My Ride
    RSTi

The only reason I knew about it was because it was in the Sun (very small article though). You'd think it would have had a blurb on the news or something.

I heard that the other 3 quadrants have a new policy to truck their garbage to the North East.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

you live in a shit hole.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

omg give me a friggin break

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

This thread really speaks to the great quality of life we enjoy in this city and country if the worst thing going on in our lives is that the garbage man is picking the garbage up a day late.

Other people have civil strife, high rates of violent crime, terrorism, hunger, disease, lack of clean drinking water, poverty, etc. to complain about.

Us? The garbage man came a day late the week of Christmas. Isn't life just impossible here?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Actually, the garbage man is picking it up a day early according to frozen rice's link.

# Tuesday collection - Temporarily changed to Monday, Dec. 22 and Monday, Dec. 29
    That makes no sense at all. I bet the garbage trucks were running around their routes empty today.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast