Quantcast
World Juniors - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: World Juniors

Default World Juniors

Anybody else watching the IIHF world juniors this year?

Canada's not having the best game against germany right now...

no there not but 4-1 isn't all that bad either. just shows how much we expect from them haha.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Germany beat Kazakstan 9-0
    Canada beat Kazastan 15-0

Canada should pwn Germany....
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

I wouldn't read too much into those scores. The real test start tonight.

My Ride
    Axis powers

i feel kinda bad for Kazakstan, no wins, no points and they have been outscored 36 - 0
    Sig nuked by mod.

Originally posted by adam c
    i feel kinda bad for Kazakstan, no wins, no points and they have been outscored 36 - 0

They shouldn't even be included in this tournament along with Latvia. At least have a mercy rule in place somewhere. Teams have no choice BUT to score as much as they can so they can get first place.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by MKS
    I wouldn't read too much into those scores. The real test start tonight.
    No kidding eh..... hasn't even been entertaining to watch really

My Ride
    EM1

Congrats to Slovakia for knocking the Americans out of the tourny!

My Ride
    Jetta

That sucks. A US/Canada final would have been awesome considering the game they had on New Years Eve. I'm really disappointed to hear that won't happen now. There was some real bad blood there and I would have loved to see the Americans get another crack at it. Slovakia = booooring.

My Ride
    EM1

Really? Americans have a huge lead and lose. Then go on to lose to Slovakia...yeah...they're a real contender

My Ride
    Jetta

The Americans lost to Canada, a phenomenal hockey nation with some of its most promising talent in years playing in this tournament -- one of which being Tavares, who single-handedly led Canada's charge back into that game. The Americans went down (4-3) on an absolutely embarrassing officiating call, which nobody is really talking about but you can be assured that all hell would have broken loose if that play was in the USA's favor instead of ours. And they did indeed make it 4-4 before Canada finished them off, fully utilizing home crowd advantage.

A tired and demoralized American squad then had to play Slovakia, who simply were the better team. I didn't see the game, but you have to feel the US were a little disheartened and disillusioned after the Canada game. It's hard to come back and win a must-win game after you lose a game that arguably should have gone your way (see: CGY/TB 04 Cup Run, game 6 and 7).

The Americans were a great team at this tournament, don't doubt that. They deserved a second chance at Canada, and I think the fans deserved to see an encore to that thrilling game.

Originally posted by Rocky

A tired and demoralized American squad then had to play Slovakia, who simply were the better team. I didn't see the game, but you have to feel the US were a little disheartened and disillusioned after the Canada game. It's hard to come back and win a must-win game after you lose a game that arguably should have gone your way (see: CGY/TB 04 Cup Run, game 6 and 7).

The Americans were a great team at this tournament, don't doubt that. They deserved a second chance at Canada, and I think the fans deserved to see an encore to that thrilling game.
    "Great" teams don't get disillusioned and lose to Slovakia. Nor do they blow a 3-0 lead and fall apart against any country (I don't care if its Canada), nor do they have a goaltender who lets in 3 goas on 7 shots and great teams don't have shit coaching.

The U.S. was a team with some very good players, but they are far from a great team. I'm not even sure I'd call them a good team with their performance against Slovakia.

Janus played unreal.

I was rooting for Slovakia

Eff the americans!!!

My Ride
    Jetta

Don't think I mean "great" as in suggesting they're as good as somebody like the Detroit Red Wings, but they were still the second best team at this tournament IMHO. It IS the World Juniors; goalkeepers are going to have bad games, and kids are going to get nervous and potentially blow leads or let things get to them and affect their play. We're talking about players primarily in the 18-20 range here. Plus, Slovakia is not an unaccomplished hockey nation by any means.

I think the US is getting an overly bad rap just by virtue of them being Americans.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

The Americans went down (4-3) on an absolutely embarrassing officiating call, which nobody is really talking about but you can be assured that all hell would have broken loose if that play was in the USA's favor instead of ours.
    there was a lot of that in that game. If it had been reversed we would still be screaming about it.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I think the US is getting an overly bad rap just by virtue of them being Americans.
    Oh well lol

Whatever makes Canada's run for another gold any easier I'm down for that.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Don't think I mean "great" as in suggesting they're as good as somebody like the Detroit Red Wings, but they were still the second best team at this tournament IMHO. It IS the World Juniors; goalkeepers are going to have bad games, and kids are going to get nervous and potentially blow leads or let things get to them and affect their play. We're talking about players primarily in the 18-20 range here. Plus, Slovakia is not an unaccomplished hockey nation by any means.

no i think they got a bad rap because they were show boating in the first period after their second goal!! they thought they were going to take the cake, give me a break these kids deserve the bad rap
    did anyone see don cherry talking about it on saturday? the kids are fucking dumb for giving the canadians even more motivation
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by dezmarez

no i think they got a bad rap because they were show boating in the first period after their second goal!! they thought they were going to take the cake, give me a break these kids deserve the bad rap
    did anyone see don cherry talking about it on saturday? the kids are fucking dumb for giving the canadians even more motivation
    showboating isn't as bad as that Canadian kid doing the 'oh my god I've been shot' act after the stick incident as he showboated past the American bench. Now that was embarassing. Hopefully Cherry mentioned that a good Canadian kid doesn't do that crap either.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by 95teetee
    showboating isn't as bad as that Canadian kid doing the 'oh my god I've been shot' act after the stick incident as he showboated past the American bench. Now that was embarassing. Hopefully Cherry mentioned that a good Canadian kid doesn't do that crap either.

nothing wrong with trying to draw a penalty haha
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

AMAZING SHG for Canada. Esposito was stellar

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast