Quantcast
ClearlyContacts.ca Free contacts? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: ClearlyContacts.ca Free contacts?

My Ride
    4Runner

Default ClearlyContacts.ca Free contacts?

Just to see what the total price of the contacts I wanted including shipping I entered my shipping information just to see what the total price would be. I never entered my credit card, paypal, or any other information.

This morning I got a package from Clearly Contacts with the contacts I selected online while window shopping.

Has this happened to anyone before?
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    2015 Lexus RX350

clearly contacts has a buy now, pay later program.

Maybe you accidently hit submit?

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Check the paperwork that it came with.

I did the same thing but luckily I needed new contacts. It came with a receipt stating I had X amount of days to pay for my contacts and I could so using a variety of methods.

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

hahaha.. well with clearly contacts you get your contacts and then it is up to you to decide how to pay. They don't require you to pay before they ship out.

You bought em now you have to pay for them.

My Ride
    4Runner

Man if this happened for every time I window shopped online just to see the final price including shipping I'd be broke!

It wanted me to enter my CC information, but I just closed the screen like I do to every other website. Oh well I needed contacts anyway, I just thought the website would be cheaper, but its not!
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    06 STG3+ SS

What if he wasn't to pay for it? Would it be like renting a video and keeping it? You wouldn't be able to get charged with theft, but the credit bureau will get on your ass?

This is an issue. Because some idiots or kids could just start sending bulkloads of contacts to random people as pranks. The credit bureau can't get on your ass for this either. Because they don't really know who ordered the contacts. I guess clearly contacts does the "pay later" out of courtesy, but it's their risk if they don't end up getting money.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 12-31-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Yeah thats one thing I found about clearly contacts, when it says "buy now" it REALLY means buy now, no confirmation. Lots of other people have run into this (check out redflagdeals)

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Wow, I can't believe this thread came up today. Same exact thing happened yesterday, was looking at prices on the 23rd, just checking the site out and trying to apply the coupons, but no CC information entered, didn't even hit checkout/submit.

Woke up yesterday morning, open my front door for the paper and theres a box sitting there from Clearly Contacts, confused the hell outta me. I realized they just sent them to me and I'm supposed to pay later. Stupid ass policy though, I was just checking the shipping costs and since they didn't have the contacts that I used, I just chose some random toric contacts. I would have kept this pair, but they weren't the same and seemed a bit cheaper.

So I just called them, was on hold for 30 secs, told them what happened and the lady said I'll email you the shipping label, just send them back through Canada Post, don't have to pay a cent. Was on the phone on them for maybe 2 minutes, never had a refund, hell even a phone call to a company that went that quick and painless. Sure enough, 25 seconds after I hung up the phone, they emailed me the shipping label. Good customer service, I must admit.