Quantcast
NPPE Exam (Engineering Ethics Exam) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NPPE Exam (Engineering Ethics Exam)

Default NPPE Exam (Engineering Ethics Exam)

Hey,

My gf is writing her ethics exam for her P.Eng certification in a couple weeks. She has the books and manuals, but are there other things to study? Are there practice exams available?

What is the exam like, format wise? What kind of stuff is covered? How much studying is needed?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I too would like to know this. I think besides the study manuals you can purchase, there isn't much to study. Its apparently not that hard of a test. Its nothing compared to the tests that are required in the US. Most states don't have the regulation of the profession like we do in Canada though, so I think thats part of the reason the tests may be tougher down there.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It used to be all Multiple choice, but I've heard that it's now partly short answer in order to better asses your commuication skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

The test isn't that tough. I didn't buy any of the texts that they recommend, I just read the APEGGA Act, and downloaded a couple of the other "readings". The test is multiple choice and you can see what the breakdown is on the APEGGA website.

I was finished the test in about 75 minutes.

when is the next testing date? i might as well get this over with.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

January 19th

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have some study materials, PM me your email address if you would like a copy.

2014 EDIT: I no longer have these materials, and in any event, I suspect they aren't relevant to the redesigned test. Good luck to all applicants.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 12-30-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan Safari

Anybody have study material for the PPE they are looking to get rid of?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by ckangarloo
    Anybody have study material for the PPE they are looking to get rid of?
    Cyrus you fucker is that you?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

It's pretty easy, unless English is your 2nd language. Some of the questions have tricky shit like double negatives.

I believe it's still multiple choice too.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    ST205

can we take this exam at anytime after we graduate or have to be close to when we're getting P.Eng certification?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I belive you are suggested to have 2 years of applicable experience before writing the exam.
    best to write it at the same time as some buddies, so you'll have some people to study with and to be motivated by.

Who needs study material? PM me....

My Ride
    08 GSR

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    It used to be all Multiple choice, but I've heard that it's now partly short answer in order to better asses your commuication skills.
    Can anyone confirm this? I've heard about it being short answer for the longest time now, but people still tell me it's multiple choice. Can the people who recently wrote the exam say if there test is MC or short answer?

My Ride
    Nissan Safari

I am taking the test through APEGBC but I believe it is the same in Alberta now as well.
    The PPE is two parts. The first two hours are 100 multiple choice questions and the last hour is one essay question. I have yet to take the exam (couple weeks out).

My Ride
    '98 Camry

Originally posted by V6-BoI

Can anyone confirm this? I've heard about it being short answer for the longest time now, but people still tell me it's multiple choice. Can the people who recently wrote the exam say if there test is MC or short answer?
    Direct from the horse's mouth, see page 2

http://www.apegga.org/Applicants/pdf...ns/PPExam1.pdf

BC's been doing the essay portion for quite a few years now...

My Ride
    08 GSR

^^ Ah I see, cool. Thanks for the link.

I'm taking the NPPE this month. I ordered all the literature from APEGGA (expensed through work), but I'm wondering do I need to read through the entire textbook that was supplied (Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice and Ethics)?

Last edited by kaput; 04-02-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Originally posted by holden
    I'm taking the NPPE this month. I ordered all the literature from APEGGA (expensed through work), but I'm wondering do I need to read through the entire textbook that was supplied (Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice and Ethics)?
    nobody?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast