Quantcast
NPPE Exam (Engineering Ethics Exam) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NPPE Exam (Engineering Ethics Exam)

4 Key Criteria to get 80% above in 6 hrs of studing. English being your first language and you can tell the different between implied meanings and literal meanings when asked in certain questions.

APEGGA ACT booklet (30 pages)
    Workers Compensation ACT booklet (30 pages)
    Tort Law Chapters in Black text book.

For those in the consulting sector and have had raw business exposure (admin/legal/spec writing), this exam is a walk in the park.

Originally posted by holden

nobody?
    I didnt read any textbooks or anything, I found it to be easy. I read some of the material on the APEGGA website the day before the exam and got a "PASS".

The exam has a lot of common sense questions. The main thing is to understand what the question is asking exactly. Some people with comprehension issues found this exam to be difficult.

Exam is 100 MC and 2 hrs long.

My Ride
    Toyota

i found this helpful

http://www.apegga.org/pdf/Guidelines/02.pdf

along with engg 513 notes if you went to the uofc

when i wrote the exam last summer there was a lot of situation questions and what the engineer should do...

i didnt think the exam was very difficult

i gave the notes to a few of my friends and they were able to pass the exam without the texts

Applying for my P. Geoph, ordered all the study material and booked in for July.

I did not think there would be this much study material.

Anybody have any tips and tricks to a quick study?
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

Last edited by kaput; 03-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.

My Ride
    08 GSR

Just study what's on the syllabus and you should be fine. And when you are writing the exam, just make sure you read the questions thoroughly. I dunno why but when I was writing my exam I couldn't seem to concentrate for some reason. My mind kept on thinking about stupid shit haha.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I know people that failed the exam. So please, put no effort in at all. It just makes the rest of us look better

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

Originally posted by jazzyb
    Applying for my P. Geoph, ordered all the study material and booked in for July.

I did not think there would be this much study material.

Anybody have any tips and tricks to a quick study?
    Not sure if the P.Geoph exam is the same as P.Eng, but to reiterate Kartelli above:

"4 Key Criteria to get 80% above in 6 hrs of studing. English being your first language and you can tell the different between implied meanings and literal meanings when asked in certain questions.

APEGGA ACT booklet (30 pages)
    Workers Compensation ACT booklet (30 pages)
    Tort Law Chapters in Black text book."

I found the APEGGA act by far to be the biggest bang for the buck - doesn't hurt that it's an easy read. There were a fair amount of questions as well on Workers Compensation Act and whatever other Acts, but the study material for those are dry as shit sitting in the sun all day. I studied Tort Law a fair bit thinking it would show up on the exam, but I can't remember seeing even one question.

I'd say the law book is the lowest bang for the buck - long, not that many questions, and dry - but good for getting to sleep. Ethics book is fairly long but I found it actually motivating. Most information in the Intellectual Property handouts is contained within the Law and Ethics books.

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by V6-BoI
    Just study what's on the syllabus and you should be fine.
    Exactly - everyone seems to ignore the syllabus, but if you concentrate on the topics outlined on the syllabus you will be in good shape

My Ride
    Toyota Camry/Avalon/Highlander

Hi folks!

Anyone here preparing for July 18-2011 NPPE Exam?? I took April 18-2011 and managed to fail. And yes, I did read all mentioned chapters. Will do it again.

Originally posted by Recoiler
    Hi folks!

Anyone here preparing for July 18-2011 NPPE Exam?? I took April 18-2011 and managed to fail. And yes, I did read all mentioned chapters. Will do it again.
    I am, have not started studying yet.
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

Originally posted by ckangarloo
    Anybody have study material for the PPE they are looking to get rid of?
    I do. PM me

My Ride

Unhappy

I'm taking June 25/26 GIC two day course, reading law book which I haven't read for the first exam attempt. Reading acts, OH&S and other booklets again.

Funny thing is, that I passed FE Exam with first attempt and managed to fail NPPE.

Can't believe I got short on 6 correct answers.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

Originally posted by kaput
    Show up sober and you'll pass. Even a little drunk is probably still ok.
    So true LOL. I only studied the day b4 the exam and showed up with a bad hangover and still passed it.

My Ride

Pure luck, huh?

My Ride

Originally posted by jazzyb

I am, have not started studying yet.
    I wonder what should be done differently in order to pass NPPE. I feel like I can't memorize a lot of dry text (ACTS, Laws...) What's missing is practice questions I had for FE exam.

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

I couldn't memorize a lot of the stuff either, especially the dry text that you mention, plus they ask some things in roundabout way so direct memorization wouldn't help all that much. 4 general rules I found useful:

1) Nothing is absolute
    2) Always look after the public first, but refer to rule #1
    3) It's better to investigate before whistleblowing, but refer to rule #1 (ie. time is very critical and/or people could die with inaction)
    4) Even if a contract seems nearly bulletproof, refer to rule #1

And for the Acts, like OH&S, most of it follows common sense, don't need to memorize it all. Such as: Safety first before anything, workers can't be punished if the workplace is unsafe, inspectors generally can dictate a lot providing there is an investigation/notification, etc.

There's a 40-50page PDF with notes that are about 5-6 years old floating around... I spent about an hour looking through it the day before the exam and passed.

Here's the way I see it... it's only a $100 test. I know engineers that read all the material (the entire fucking ethics textbook!) over 1-2 months and easily spent 50+hrs preparing.

They probably had a 95% chance of passing... I probably had a 50+% chance of passing from looking through the super-condensed notes for 1hr the day before.

Point is, the test is only $100... I'll gladly pay $100 for a 50/50 shot at passing vs. spending 50+hrs studying and having a sure chance of passing.

Originally posted by bimmere92

I didnt read any textbooks or anything, I found it to be easy. I read some of the material on the APEGGA website the day before the exam and got a "PASS".

The exam has a lot of common sense questions. The main thing is to understand what the question is asking exactly. Some people with comprehension issues found this exam to be difficult.

Exam is 100 MC and 2 hrs long.
    yea I don't know if the test is going to be anything like our APEGGA workshop but is was all straight forward common sense. The engineers in our group were taking things so seriously and trying to come up with all these technical terms to describe the violation the contractor/company in question had made. Not sure if geos and engineers write a similar test but i've heard the geo one is dead easy.

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    There's a 40-50page PDF with notes that are about 5-6 years old floating around... I spent about an hour looking through it the day before the exam and passed.

Here's the way I see it... it's only a $100 test. I know engineers that read all the material (the entire fucking ethics textbook!) over 1-2 months and easily spent 50+hrs preparing.

They probably had a 95% chance of passing... I probably had a 50+% chance of passing from looking through the super-condensed notes for 1hr the day before.

Point is, the test is only $100... I'll gladly pay $100 for a 50/50 shot at passing vs. spending 50+hrs studying and having a sure chance of passing.
    It's like those people that study 8 hours a day to get scholarships
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast