Quantcast
Anyone know where to buy a bed 'box' frame? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where to buy a bed 'box' frame?

My Ride
    firebird

Default Anyone know where to buy a bed 'box' frame?

Its kind of hard to describe but I am looking for a bed frame that is just a square box that holds the mattress and sits on the floor. It does not have a headboard and the ones I have seen are usually black. I have searched many places and they just seem to have normal beds with headboards.

They are pretty minimal in design but I am guessing are kind of expensive.

Has anyone else seen these things?

EDIT: I'm looking for something exactly like this
    Last edited by Mckenzie; 01-08-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Nevermind...

I'd read what you write but you keep editing
    Last edited by Canmorite; 01-08-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    firebird

^You have not read what I wrote lol..

And those things bring apart and squeak anyways.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

No idea where to get one unfortunately. Don't you DARE ask for a deal though. Who do you think you are trying to take money away from a salesman?
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i have a buddy that is a carpenter, he is always looking for side projects. pm if interested and i will ask him

My Ride
    firebird

No idea where to get one unfortunately. Don't you DARE ask for a deal though. Who do you think you are trying to take money away from a salesman?
    ^Yeah I am going to pay retail for this one I think.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Check EQ3 they have alot of beds like that.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Thought you said the one you were looking for didn't have a headboard?

Nice bed though. I think it *might* be called a "platform bed", judging by the pic.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ikea sells a bed that is similar to that. I have it and I'm really happy with it. This style of bed is less susceptible to squeaks when engaging in bedtime exercises.
    Ikea - Manda bed frame with storage
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Ikea has tons of those kinda of styles

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S99849956

Heres one with no headboard

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80121338
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
    Check EQ3 they have alot of beds like that.
    Thanks- those are really nice actually.
    Originally posted by Kloubek
    Thought you said the one you were looking for didn't have a headboard?

Nice bed though. I think it *might* be called a "platform bed", judging by the pic.
    Well I guess I meant not a super intrusive headboard- that one is not bad. And yes I think you are correct...platform bed is what it is called.

And good job on the ikea finds- those are more like what I am looking for.
    Last edited by Mckenzie; 01-08-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    This style of bed is less susceptible to squeaks when engaging in bedtime exercises.

Yeah, but it's also hard to do some bedtime exercises with wide edges like that.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Yeah, but it's also hard to do some bedtime exercises with wide edges like that.
    yeah and at that low height it limits a few fun um... exercises

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by ercchry

yeah and at that low height it limits a few fun um... exercises

Hmmm....good points...lol...taken under consideration...
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you use a box spring under the mattress on the Mandal frame I posted, it's plenty high enough for some of the exercises.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    If you use a box spring under the mattress on the Mandal frame I posted, it's plenty high enough for some of the exercises.
    Is the lip high enough to stop the mattress from moving around / off the bed?
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Mckenzie

Is the lip high enough to stop the mattress from moving around / off the bed?
    just fyi, our frame is 1/3 of the width of that thing, and I've gotten bruises on my anterior shins (of course slippery hardwood doesn't help either)

My Ride
    M3/C300

just fyi, our frame is 1/3 of the width of that thing, and I've gotten bruises on my anterior shins (of course slippery hardwood doesn't help either)
    My bed is exactly like that, and i ALWAYS bump my shins getting into bed. such a bitch. Also the corners are sharp as hell.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by sxtothe240

My bed is exactly like that, and i ALWAYS bump my shins getting into bed. such a bitch. Also the corners are sharp as hell.

I was also concerned with that...here is a quote from a review of a sears bed.

This is a mid range platform bed. Make sure you wear shin pads when you are making the bed, or else keep plenty of bandages handy! I have damaged and cut my ankles and lower calf at least once a month. I think I am going to put tennis balls on the corners! It REALLY hurts when you bump the sharp edges at the bottom of the bed. They are EXACTLY ankle height and SHARP! A very poor design. But, now I have made my bed, and I have to sleep in it! Grrrrrr....look for safer products if you are considering this!
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i have one in my basement, not black, it is the medium color, not really using it, it is from ikea.

it is the oak color
    Last edited by theken; 01-09-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast