Quantcast
Starting to work out - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Starting to work out

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Default Starting to work out

Hey guys,

Once again I need your help beyond. I'm starting to really get out of shape, and I want to get back into shape. My family recently just got a bow flex and a treadmill, thats about all the equipment I have. Problem is I've turned into a lazy bastard and have no clue of any work outs or any knowledge of proper nutrition.

I've been hitting the treadmill pretty hard recently, and doing the push up, sit ups before I go to bed. But I'm sure there are a lot better things I could be doing.

Any basic or complex tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by rumeo; 01-11-2009 at 02:19 AM.

My Ride
    IS350

You'll probably receive some great info in this thread but I'll throw in my two cents. It's way waaaay too easy NOT to work out so I guess you have to really be honest with yourself about your expectations and how much effort you're willing and capable of putting into it. If having a workout partner/friend might be useful to keep you motivated then great! For my workouts and nutrition I whipped up a weekly calendar that includes my different workout activities and even simple things like taking my daily multi-vitamin and drinking enough water. I just check things off each day and it forces me to think about it so I'm much less likely to put it off. Good luck

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Starting to work out

Originally posted by rumeo
    My family recently just got a bow flex and a treadmill, thats about all the equipment I need.
    This is one of your problems right there. JOIN A GYM. I've tried the whole working out at home thing and I believe few suceed at it. It takes a lot of motivation to do at it at home, while going to the gym you are motivated by seeing other individuals working out as well.

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Default Re: Re: Starting to work out

Originally posted by WWJAI

This is one of your problems right there. JOIN A GYM. I've tried the whole working out at home thing and I believe few suceed at it. It takes a lot of motivation to do at it at home, while going to the gym you are motivated by seeing other individuals working out as well.

haha sorry i ment all the equiptment i have, typo and fixed.
    this is true you have a lot more motivation at the gym. but you also need a lot of motivation to go to the gym

rumi you lazy bum. i welcome you to the gym with me, but it's probably far from where you live... here's motivation, you don't want to look like adam.

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

ray are you at golds by marl?

no. i'm switching to world gym on 32nd, it's where my classmates go. And they are much more knowledgeable than me, so i go and get advice from them.