Quantcast
So I got out of my car... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I got out of my car...

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Default So I got out of my car...

... at an intersection, walked up 2 cars to the tools in BOTH the front lanes and actually guided them forward so they would hit the sensor to change the light we'd all been sitting at for THREE CHANGES. And then the dumb broad in the SUV rolls down her window and asks "Is there a problem?".

I mean crap - one was even a Telus van (you'd think he'd be used to driving). They were at least 10 feet back from the stop line. And the tools behind them didn't even honk. And to boot, I have a gimped foot so I'm pretty much limping to the lights and back to my car.

Stupid people

Khyron

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

A better question would be how does the city think that the use of these sensors is that much more efficient given that these things probably happen all the time.

My Ride
    91 MR2 turbo

ya i know, i hate it when that happens, one time i was on the sensor for 4 changes, and i backed up my car and rolled on to it like 3 times after that. so i moved away and let another car go on it instead of me and after 2 more changes it finally got to our turn....i hate these things.

ugh i agree... south macleod to east 25 ave s is the worst one

My Ride
    '21 BMW X5 X40i mSport

I usually blow the red late at night when i'm on my bike, no f'in way i'm gonna wait 15 minutes for some car to show up at trip the sensor.

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

yeah the odd time one in Westhills hasn't worked and I've had to wait an extra light or two

My Ride

Oh this sensor was working, and it's huge. I swear the 2 vehicles were 2-3 car lengths back from it though. And that itself is fine - happens to people at turn lights all the time that don't move up enough.

But to sit through 3 rotations and NOT clue in? I was amazed.

Next time I'll tap on the window and be like "So, are we gonna sit here all day, or just a few more hours?". Tho if I'd done that she'd have probably thought I was a rapist or something and shot me.

Khyron

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I always get the "LOOK" from people when I pull passed them at a light and up to the "STOP LINE" as if I'm going to run the light or something. People stop a good 1.5-2 car lengths before that line and especially when you are on a secondary road that requires you to set off the sensor for it to change the lights on the primary direction.

Often I will roll down my window and either point at the stop line *clearly visable* or the "STOP LINE" sign.
    Travel

My Ride
    a wrx.

what i do if i get the chance is pull in front of the people who are stopped too far from the stop line. i just go up and turn in front of them...because they have left that much fuckin room, that a damn car can pull in!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

so is the sensor just the stop line? i never knew where it was before.. whats the problem if your on it and the other ppl aren't? why wouldn't it change the lights?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride

Clear as mud?

Khyron

My Ride
    89 colt gt 4g63

when iam stopping at one i just bounce my car a littlewith the brakes when iam coming to a stop, it seems to help it "register" that there is a car there

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

those sensors are absolutely ridiculously priced, I know in brandon they have signs for the lights with sensors on them, like the ones that say "stop sign <---" they say "light sensor <---" so people know to creep up
    2 doors and 4 rings

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 12:37 AM.

My Ride

Just look at the road - you can totally see the outlines of where they cut the pavement to put the wire. Every red light camera has a sensor just past the stop line and on the other side of the road as well - totally visable.

They don't use weight because people on motorbikes would never work (as it is, some are flakey and we have to run the reds late at night) but most really do work.

Khyron

My Ride
    pedals

i walk up to the line, point at the dude, undo my pants, and present the moon. It hasnt worked yet but stil i feel good about it.

My Ride
    2Look slk

Khyron, Nice diagram! Legible, precise, colorful...I'm impressed

Mmmmm yeaaah, I guess those people didnt get that memo!

Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A
    yeah the odd time one in Westhills hasn't worked and I've had to wait an extra light or two

i've noticed that one too, late at night tons of people just run the light. Its really annoying to constantly have to wait for the sensor to pick up.
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 10-07-2003 at 11:56 AM.

My Ride
    07 TL Type S

Reminds me of the time I was stuck about 4 cars behind some doorknob who was missing the sensor on Memorial near Edmonton Trail. I ended up pulling around all 5 cars and parallel parking in front of this meathead to trigger the sensor!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast