My Ride
    Highlander

Default Dany Heatley's Passenger Dead

Just saw on CNN...passed away tonight

Looks like Dany's goin to jail...cant say i'm too sorry

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

brutal, very sad and tragic

I'm sorry to hear about Snyder, RIP, but I do also feel sorry for the Heatley's, and Dany himself. They are very nice people, and it's a shame that Dany got himself mixed up in this mess. My condolences to both families.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Personally, I think it's stupid for him to go to jail. As if having his good friend killed, injuring himself and ruining a 1/4 million dollar car isn't enough...he was only going 130 km/hr too....now if he was drunk, which from what I have heard hasn't been ruled out yet then I might have a change of heart.

I can't believe this. So it's going to be vehicular (sp?) manslaugher now?

My Ride
    94' Terd

Originally posted by davidI
    Personally, I think it's stupid for him to go to jail. As if having his good friend killed, injuring himself and ruining a 1/4 million dollar car isn't enough...he was only going 130 km/hr too....now if he was drunk, which from what I have heard hasn't been ruled out yet then I might have a change of heart.

130km/h is illegal regardless nevermind in like a 50 zone or whatever it was... obviously he was driving the car in a un safe manner otherwise this whole thing would have been avoided... i think he should go to jail..... driving the piss out of your car is illegal and should you kill someone doing so you should be punished to the full extent of the law... this is why we have road rules... i feel sorry for the family of the passenger RIP, and the passenger himself... personally... i would extend my fist to the temple of anyone who even dared put my life in danger like that...

edit: i admit i have broken laws before... the only difference though is that the only life ive ever put in danger is mine
    Last edited by DUBBED; 10-05-2003 at 10:12 PM.

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    I'm sorry to hear about Snyder, RIP, but I do also feel sorry for the Heatley's, and Dany himself. They are very nice people, and it's a shame that Dany got himself mixed up in this mess. My condolences to both families.
    Agreed, I couldn't even begin to imagine how he must feel. One minute everything is fine, your on top of the world. Blasting around in your new car. Living a life most people only dream about. Now it all comes crashing down. And at such a young age. Such an unfortunate accident for the kid...

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

lammer Guest

RIP Snyder.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

make me sick to the stomach....

... hes so young. had so much going for him.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Hockey and a quick buck isnt everything...he learnt the hard way..just another ricer behind the wheel of a $250K sports car
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Talon

Hockey and a quick buck isnt everything...he learnt the hard way..just another ricer behind the wheel of a $250K sports car

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by FoxLX

Agreed, I couldn't even begin to imagine how he must feel. One minute everything is fine, your on top of the world. Blasting around in your new car. Living a life most people only dream about. Now it all comes crashing down. And at such a young age. Such an unfortunate accident for the kid...

...so tragic.....before this he was such a model image hockey player, nothing but a good guy. one of the best players in the future of the league...and then one mistake ruins everything ....so sad it had to take a life as well.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

My Ride
    Highlander

My Ride
    GTI

Yeah, he shouldn't be punished, he lost his best friend.... Bull Shit, how about Snyder's family??

Heatley will get prison time or this world has some serious problems.

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Yeah, he shouldn't be punished, he lost his best friend.... Bull Shit, how about Snyder's family??

Heatley will get prison time or this world has some serious problems.
    If I killed my buddy driving reckless, id expect to go to jail... He knows what he did, and regardless if he was drunk or sober, he did an unforgivable thing...alcohol is no excuse

alcohol wasent the case at all, hes a hockey player not a race car driver... as if him and the families involved havent lost enough.... shame on anyone who even mentions jailtime.

edit: and how the fuck do you justify vehicleur manslaughter when the person is inside the car??? you people..
    Last edited by Wildcat; 10-06-2003 at 02:00 AM.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    NC1

The fact is, he used a weapon (car) to inflict bodily injury/death on another person. How is this case any different than the others?

It is so sad because Heatley had everything going right for him.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I will not defend his actions, saying that he has suffered enough and shouldn't serve jailtime is pretty niave. As far as I'm concerned he should be charged with whatever the law stipulates, just because he lost a good friend and team mate, is a nice guy and a talented hockey player doesn't change anything. On the other hand, how many of us have pushed the limits of our cars either to show off to a friend or for pure enjoyment? It just so happened that in this case the limits of the car were considerably higher, and once broken cause considerable damage. Heatley worked his ass off to get where he did, it takes quite a high level of maturity and responsibility to achive what he did, so calling him just another ricer is pretty low and doesn't describe the type of person he was at all. We should all be so blessed to have his level of skill and work ethic in whatever endevor we persue.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Wildcat
    alcohol wasent the case at all, hes a hockey player not a race car driver... as if him and the families involved havent lost enough.... shame on anyone who even mentions jailtime.

edit: and how the fuck do you justify vehicleur manslaughter when the person is inside the car??? you people..
    You wanna be the family of the teamate he killed?! Do you think you'd say "oh it's okay, my son is dead and he knows that he killed him, that's enough punishment?!" HELLS NO!

And the guy may not have had much control over the situation at hand, are you gonna jump out of a speeding sports car???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast