Quantcast
What's wrong with the mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca Ubuntu software source mirror? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What's wrong with the mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca Ubuntu software source mirror?

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Default What's wrong with the mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca Ubuntu software source mirror?

I try to download the updated packages and it gives errors. Had a guy in BC try it with the same problems. Have they abandoned it?
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Wish I could tell you, they have all sorts of issues and can't seem to keep up to date for any distro. I use the mirror in manitoba, I forget the name, but its always up and has enough free bandwidth to let saturate my connection at home (burst 25, sustain 10mbit). It's muug.mb.ca or something like that.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

To be honest, I usually update from the US. Just go to your sources.list file in /etc/ and doa find/replace in Gedit of ca. with us. .

When I was updating in Canada, i was getting 5-15 k/sec. From the US, slowest I've had was 50k/sec and fastest was over 500k/sec

But that's just my experience. I also have downloaded Fedora 10 from the CPSC mirror and got well over 3m/s o_O
    Geek

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Ya, I was originally getting over a megabyte per second, I think it was on the Calgary source. Maybe they don't support 8.1?
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

The only Calgary source that I know of is ucalgary, some distros are hosted on Telus, but I don't know if that is in Calgary or Edmonton?...
    I just use muug, it is super fast all the time.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome