Quantcast
Best '09 Sport Bike - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best '09 Sport Bike

My Ride
    Spec V SE-R

Default Best '09 Sport Bike

Hey , I was just wondering if you all could give me your thoughts and any info on waht you would say is the best '09 sport bike out there right now?

im only looking at the 600's but im not 100 percent on what i should get.

kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Why don't you go sit on them all and then tell us what you like? None of us will be riding the bike you will, so it only matters what you like. Any 600cc sports bike is more bike than you will ever be able to use.

Originally posted by KRyn
    Why don't you go sit on them all and then tell us what you like? None of us will be riding the bike you will, so it only matters what you like. Any 600cc sports bike is more bike than you will ever be able to use.
    Pretty much

the level of the supersport 600's in the last few years are so close the variance is subjective to your riding style.

Generally: High Revving machine - Yammy R6
    Torquey - Kawi ZX6R
    Linear & Refined - Honda CRB-600RR
    fairly linear and balnced - Suzuki GSXR 600

Personally my favorite is always the middle class Gixxer 750, weight and seating like the 600 with better bottom end

nowadays, I'd prefer riding naked vtwins like the SV650

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

^in addition to that you should look into insurance etc...depending on your age. Naked bikes offer the same/similar performance, but a little bit more comfort and the insurance it way cheaper.

But personally I like the GSXR 750s in white

My Ride
    05 Altima SE-R

i loved the stock sterign damper on my 06
    great ride

My Ride
    CBR600RR

In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Be a baller and buy a Ducati 696

Originally posted by vape
    i loved the stock sterign damper on my 06
    great ride
    I am no dictionary, but do you really think "sterign" is the correct spelling for steering? Just curious

Regarding the OP:

Head to a dealer, sit on all 600's you like. As far as which bike is "better", is nothing to worry about for a street riders standpoint. Suzuki has a nice feel to the seated position.

My Ride
    Cbr600F3, Dodge Colt 90hp!

They are basically all the same. Just buy the one that looks and sounds the best to you.

Originally posted by MikeHL
    They are basically all the same. Just buy the one that looks and sounds the best to you.
    Are you kidding me... no bike is the same. They are all made for different riding styles, and comfort. For instance I've ridden a CBR600rr and found it uncomfortable as hell, but rode the Gixxer 600 and loved it.

All in all you go and sit on the bikes and find out what you want. There is no "better" bike.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Everybit as much as "every car is the same", you got it
    I'd say go take a good look at a Triumph 675 as well. They demolished every 600 they were put againest with flying colors.
    Every magazine that compared a the Triumph to a Jap 600 gave the 675 the highest regard. That led me to the decision to finally buy one, and man am I ever glad I did. After dorking around on my buddies R6, I can't say I have any reason to go back
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 01-16-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Default Motorcycle Proud

Motorcycle is proud to announce the launch of a brand new section to the site which is completely devoted to finding fun ways for you to waste your time.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I'd say go take a good look at a Triumph 675 as well. They demolished every 600 they were put againest with flying colors.
    Every magazine that compared a the Triumph to a Jap 600 gave the 675 the highest regard. That led me to the decision to finally buy one, and man am I ever glad I did. After dorking around on my buddies R6, I can't say I have any reason to go back
    all the jap 600's are pretty much the same performance wise

My Ride
    Cbr600F3, Dodge Colt 90hp!

Well yes if every car was built to comply with strict rules and regulations mandated by a ruling body. A prime example of this would be F1 cars.

Originally posted by Spoons

Are you kidding me... no bike is the same. They are all made for different riding styles, and comfort. For instance I've ridden a CBR600rr and found it uncomfortable as hell, but rode the Gixxer 600 and loved it.

All in all you go and sit on the bikes and find out what you want. There is no "better" bike.
    I guess I didn't make my self clear. Performance wise unless your in the top 1% of riders you will find they extremely similar in nature.

Also best is a relative term, what I love, you might hate.
    Last edited by MikeHL; 01-16-2009 at 11:23 PM.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

what's the best deal on a 600?? i almost bought gixxer 750 for $10500 last year, our we going to see any good deals like that??

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Originally posted by danno
    what's the best deal on a 600?? i almost bought gixxer 750 for $10500 last year, our we going to see any good deals like that??
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ99748669

here you go. buy this so I can get a Street Tripple R
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by turbotrip

all the jap 600's are pretty much the same performance wise
    You don't ride do you?

The R6 has zero low end power, is twitchy and has probably the most responsive suspension of all of them. made for people under 200lbs.

I found the GSXR600 and the ZX6 to be the brutes of the bunch, the suzuki the better handling of those two, turns in smoother and is less choppy in turns.

The hondas seem to have the most forgiving setups in terms of decel in corners, bad braking habits and overall ruggedness.

I guess I didn't make my self clear. Performance wise unless your in the top 1% of riders you will find they extremely similar in nature.
    I didn't know I'm in the top 1%... sweet. I've been riding a long time, lots of different bikes.. does that count?
    Last edited by CUG; 01-17-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Links please? Everything I read said the CBR600RR came out tops. They liked the 3 banger in the Triumph, but overall most went with the CBR from what I read
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Also best is a relative term, what I love, you might hate.
    Buddy, please stay out of this thread. Its very clear you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Seriously.
    I'm not saying that to be mean, or to be a jerk, but mis-information (something you're seemingly full of) only mis-directs people towards making improperly informed decisions.

You can take a novice rider that has 3 months riding experience, and give him a few track days on a multitude of makes and models, and in no time they'll be able to spot strengths and weaknesses of everybike. No that said n00b rider isn't at all at the top 1%.
    I can (or pretty much anybody) notice VAST differences between the bikes I've riden just on the street. From throttle mapping, to how it carries into the corners, to how you move around on them in the corners; that they are not at all similar. How a rider would negotiate a turn on a given sportbike could vary extensively on another. Its really not that hard to notice the sizeable differences, or how to properly account for them on either the street or the track.
    The differences between an R6 or a CBR600, or even my 675 are just night and day... only a fool would consider them to be "Very Similar"

EDIT: And Eleanor, I apologize, the 675 isn't exactly top dog after some of the later 08 models came out. It was at the time I bought it though. Anyway here is the '08 shootout.
    http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...600-82371.html
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 01-18-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    2011 Genesis Coupe, 96 Probe GT

my brother just got the first street triple R and it is a very nice looknig bike. take a look at them
    Last edited by england4957; 01-17-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast