Quantcast
Great looking body with cuts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great looking body with cuts

Default Great looking body with cuts

Ok so I know this has been asked many times but I want to make somethings clear and think beyond members are the right people to ask, I want to get a body going on with a lot of cuts not man and a big biceps already got the big arm but not quite cut, want to work out chest and have nice shoulders and traps. So what is a good workout, and diet. Any supplements or anything to help and its a 6 month challenge, what do I have to give up. This is what my work out schedule used to be like 40-45 min of cardio on eplitcal and 15-20 mins on bike, then workout strength one day chest and all the body parts usually 3 different types of excercises 3 sets and 10 reps. Then 10 mins steam room, didn't take any supplements. Looking for proper diet and work out course, its a 6 month challenge and I get to go Europe free.(my cousins giving us this challenge, have to get bigger than him though.)

try that again in english please.

Seriously, it's hard to tell what you want or need.

Are you skinny and need muscle, fat and need to cut fat, or skinny-fat and need both?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

LOL
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Default workout

For your information I am born here in Calgary so don't have a problem speaking probably just typed it wrong as I was in a rush, I am fat and trying to cut that weight down and gain some muscle. Any help besides saying rude and unneccesary comments.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People can't help you if they don't understand you.
    Now that you've clarified, I'm sure you'll get some more constructive responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    VAG products

Default Re: workout

Originally posted by 792171004
    For your information I am born here in Calgary so don't have a problem speaking probably just typed it wrong as I was in a rush, I am fat and trying to cut that weight down and gain some muscle. Any help besides saying rude and unneccesary comments.
    They may have been kind of rude.. but they were necessary to reveal how retarded your post was. Re-read what you posted and don't tell me you wouldn't leave a jack-ass remark either..

My Ride
    Indian Scout

You can probably find some tips here and here.

Default workout

Thanks for your reply really helpful^

[IMG][/IMG]

My Ride
    You Crazy

If you are gonna do it naturally... ie... no roids...

Here is what WILL work.

OPTIMALLY.... train heavy weights 3 times a week, 2 times per day, maximum 30 minutes per session.

Low rep moves, no more then 5 reps.... ie say you are doing incline bench... take a weight you can do 6 sets of 3 reps each, and do it, next workout, do 5x3 and 1x4, next workout, do 4x3 and 2x4, next one do 3x3 and 3x4 etc, till you can do all 6 sets 5 reps, then move weight up 10 pounds, and start at 6x3 again.

ONLY diet to be on is low carb. Cut out ALL refined carbs, sugar, fruit, bread, cereals, pasta etc etc. Eat meat, eggs, green vegetables, your cupboard should be stocked with salmon etc. Buy "ketostix at the pharmacy, and eat NO carbs for the first 5-6 days, once the keto stix show colour, tailor your carb intake till you are in the mid range. BUT the only carbs you are gonna add are non starchy vegetables. For health and anti oxidants, I eat 30 grams or 85% pure Cocoa chocolate per day (has about 5 grams carbs)

On days you do not train wights, do 20 minute intervals on the bike, or StairMaster, or climb stairs.... max exertion for 30 seconds, then nice and easy to bring heart rate down...maybe 1-2 minutes then repeat. Do this for 10 - 20 minutes.

No matter what GENIUS tells you not to eat before a workout, ignore him. NEVER do weights or cardio on an empty stomach...ie, first thing in the morning.

Eat at least a boiled egg or two....
    Last edited by Toma; 01-18-2009 at 02:42 PM.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Crossfit + Paleo = WIN
    Autosignature

Default workout

Should I take diet pills... someone told me SUB-Q or thermolene, also any creatine or protein right now?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Re: workout

Should I take diet pills... someone told me SUB-Q or thermolene, also any creatine or protein right now?
    No.... if you are low carb, you will get all the nutrients you need in terms of protein, essential fats, creatine etc in your diet.

I would supplement with:
    "ACES" (Vitamins A, C, E and selenium)
    A good 1 a day multi
    Flax seed oil (from the health food store in IN THE FRIDGE ONLY!!)
    B12 (sublingual tablets or drops),
    being winter, Vitamin D.

My Ride
    You Crazy

And NEVER EVER train "cardio" longer then 20-30 minutes in one go.

If it gets easy, just notch up the intenisty on the intervals, or reduce the rest period.

Default Re: Great looking body with cuts

Ok so I know this has been asked many times but I want to make somethings clear and think beyond members are the right people to ask, I want to get a body going on with a lot of cuts not man and a big biceps already got the big arm but not quite cut, want to work out chest and have nice shoulders and traps. So what is a good workout, and diet. Any supplements or anything to help and its a 6 month challenge, what do I have to give up. This is what my work out schedule used to be like 40-45 min of cardio on eplitcal and 15-20 mins on bike, then workout strength one day chest and all the body parts usually 3 different types of excercises 3 sets and 10 reps. Then 10 mins steam room, didn't take any supplements. Looking for proper diet and work out course, its a 6 month challenge and I get to go Europe free.(my cousins giving us this challenge, have to get bigger than him though.)
    Ok dude here's what you gotta do first there's a bunch of ways to cut down but it sounds like you gotta lose some fat first so what i would do if i were you is probably start drinking a lot of water important to stay hydrated cause it helps facilitate fat oxidization cause come on whats the point of doing hard cardio if all your body isn't ready to make gains am i right or am i right so anyway now that you've started hydrating properly I'd say you need to do a lot of strength training don't go just cardio to lose bulk there's no real point you burn quite a bit of calories doing weights and muscles take more energy to maintain ie your body will burn more calories just doing nothing this isn't something that you'd get from doing just cardio alone plus doing cardio wears down what muscles you have in place already so yeah it's definitely important to keep it all balanced keep at it man good luck I hope you win your challenge.

My Ride
    bmw m3

OPTIMALLY.... train heavy weights 3 times a week, 2 times per day, maximum 30 minutes per session

Who has time to go to the gym 2 times in a day.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by civic_rida
    OPTIMALLY.... train heavy weights 3 times a week, 2 times per day, maximum 30 minutes per session

Who has time to go to the gym 2 times in a day.
    Me! I go twice, 20 minutes each.

Working upto going 3 times a day for 20 minutes, 4 days a week.

Mind ya, I never accepted western cultures 8-5 work regimen, so I have more free time then the average guy

Mind ya, if you are a U of C student, then 3 times a day is PERFECT. I did that back in my University days... once in the morning, once sometime during a break, once after classes.

My Ride
    E46

What are your stats?

and working out 2 times a day, nah.
    Just do it all in one session.

Workout, then 30 min cardio, then off days do 30 min cardio.
    Don't do cardio on leg days though, it just sucks.

Also, I'd suggest just doing Rippetoe (google it)
    Good routine, nice and simple. Just what a begginner needs.

Most of the hard stuff will be the diet. You won't get much progress if your diet isn't spot on.

So get your diet good immediately.

Google most of this stuff, the internet has a wealth of information.

TL

Default workout

Well like I said I am about 250lbs 5 10" and wanting to lose some weight, I did work out before lost some weight but never went everyday and diet wasn't that great, so not a big difference, when I did work out I did 30-40 mins of cardio, and then sometimes drove bike right after 10-15 mins depending on how tired I was, then later working out pretty much everything different each day usually 3 excercises 3 reps of 10 sometimes even 4 excercises.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast