Quantcast
I need some more power. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some more power.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default I need some more power.

My '02 1.7EL is alot slower than I thought. Well technically it's not really "mine" in the sense that it was passed down to me from my mom, so I didn't really have a say in what car I got (obviously). The torque is just horrible, I think it's at about 110, and my horsepower is at about 135. The EL is alot heavier than it looks too....

Need you guys' advice. I'm wondering what are some good rides I could be looking at that aren't too expensive..... I'm willing to consider cars to about the 33000 range, but if it gets too expensive I'd probably have to lease or finance. Would you guys reccommend leasing or financing a brand new RSX type-S or going for something older and cheaper. Remember, I want something with some reasonable power, hehe.

Thanks

My Ride
    a wrx.

financing an rsx-s would be sweet, but whether its a good financial decision or not really depends on your financial status.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default Hi

Also, I'm probably going to stick to japanese cars.

I've looked at the RSX, Civic Si (the top end one), Celica. I've only test driven the RSX-S and it really owns it up at 6000+ rpm, a really awesome ride. Any other cars in this category I should check out?

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    financing an rsx-s would be sweet, but whether its a good financial decision or not really depends on your financial status.

yes, as would anything you buy, anytime, anywhere. affordable or not, do you think it's worth to pay 4.8 percent for 5 years?

My Ride
    1990 300ZX GS body w/ 1993 JDM VG30DETT front clip

if ur talkin brand new, then go RSX-S i guess, IMHO avoid civic, it is a B16A2 the one ur lookin at i thnk? but still, ur goin from 135 HP to 160 and shedding a few 100 lbs,
    if u can go used
    buy that FD car that was up for sale
    for 33 000 theres sooooooo much u can get
    spend about 17 on a good conidtion TT car, dump the rest in mods and c could b a 10 second car, w/ 16 grand for mods???????
    spend 6 on suspension, and 10 on engine, ud b maaaaaaad fast, and pimp too....but from all the financing talk im guessin ur only lookin at brand new, so, RSX-S id say...
    i got an rsx for sale if interested, tip tronic, white, non type S tho?

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by sandman
    if ur talkin brand new, then go RSX-S i guess, IMHO avoid civic, it is a B16A2 the one ur lookin at i thnk? but still, ur goin from 135 HP to 160 and shedding a few 100 lbs,
    ....but from all the financing talk im guessin ur only lookin at brand new, so, RSX-S id say...
    i got an rsx for sale if interested, tip tronic, white, non type S tho?
    actually the rsx-s is 200 hp... i don't know what other specs are different other than a slightly lowered suspension (i think?) and less headroom. I think the torque is the same as the other models, and of course the s is a 6 speed.
    I'm totally open to getting an older car too, if the car is good it doesn't matter if it is old or new.

how much is the latest FD3S?
    I don't mean to sound stupid, but are Evos coming to Canada anytime soon...if so, I wouldn't hesitate to wait for those.
    how much is your rsx goin for?

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Default Re: Hi

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    Also, I'm probably going to stick to japanese cars.

I've looked at the Civic Si (the top end one)
    really? the top of the line civic is the SIR

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Check my post in the for sale section. 2002 Acura TL-S, $34,000, so its in your price range, oh yeah and 260HP!
    Autosignature

My Ride
    NC1

RSX-S!
    I love mine so much! You won't regret it.

You should also check the acura website to see what their finance rates are. I remember getting mine for 3.8% and that was the only reason whY I picked up the car.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a wrx.

the sir has a k20a, a detuned version of the base model rsx. so if u were gona buy an sir, u might as well get a base model rsx. rsx-s is in a totally different league altogether.

celica is personal preference. the base models are quite slow, and i thought that even the 6 speed gts wasnt up to my expectations in terms of power. that, and the gearbox sucked!

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by max_boost
    RSX-S!
    I love mine so much! You won't regret it.

You should also check the acura website to see what their finance rates are. I remember getting mine for 3.8% and that was the only reason whY I picked up the car.
    what year is your rsx-s and when did you pick it up? Lease on 4 years, right?
    '03 Civics are going for that much on lease, so you got a pretty sweet deal.
    visited toyota and the 04 matrix was going for a whopping 6.9 while the 03s were not going for much less, under consideration of things for 4.8%.

yeah, I looked at the SIR too, it's quite funky how the gearbox is on the lower part of the dash...feels alot more natural actually. But the Si I was considering is the coupe, the highest end coupe, not the SIR.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

The coupe will be as fast as your "shitbox" 1.7 el. Whats the point of changing it? Some engine and everything, except your car is nicer. If you want something fast get an older turbo car.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    The coupe will be as fast as your "shitbox" 1.7 el. Whats the point of changing it? Some engine and everything, except your car is nicer. If you want something fast get an older turbo car.
    any suggestions?

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Why not turbocharge the EL?

My Ride
    pedals

any suggestions?
    for your price range, you could look into a FD. Nice cars. A little on the crappy reliability if its not religiously maintained and looked after, but powerful, light and boosted. A good combination. But again, be careful about buying tt RX-7. If you have ANY doubts about the engine at all, walk away. its not terribly uncommon for them to be replaced at 100 000km. Yikes.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by gpomp
    Why not turbocharge the EL?
    no thanks, I don't think it'd be wise spending that kind of money to make a car like this "faster". I'm looking to own a true sports car.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by hjr
    . But again, be careful about buying tt RX-7. If you have ANY doubts about the engine at all, walk away. its not terribly uncommon for them to be replaced at 100 000km. Yikes.
    ouch, really?
    yeah, I'm looking into something with rear wheel drive too.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

no thanks, I don't think it'd be wise spending that kind of money to make a car like this "faster". I'm looking to own a true sports car.
    then a civic Si is definately a bad choice

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by rice_eater

then a civic Si is definately a bad choice
    yeah I figured...well...I've got some ideas now, thanks for your help guys.

My Ride
    1990 300ZX GS body w/ 1993 JDM VG30DETT front clip

like i said before man, TTZ, wont regret it, as for the RSX 160 hp thingy i said i meant the base rsx, my bad, if ur lookin brand new, id say RSX S all the way, the TL is a big ass 4 fr car, not my thing anwyays, but get something with some boost man
    a MR2T, TTZ, sometthing liek that and u cant go wrong, and with a 33 G budget u can go a LONG ways with that on a TT car

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast