Quantcast
Anybody dealt with private Healthcare/clincs in Alberta? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anybody dealt with private Healthcare/clincs in Alberta?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Anybody dealt with private Healthcare/clincs in Alberta?

Just curious here. I know there are a few privatized clinics in Calgary. One walk-in and a few chiropractic/wellness clinics.

Anyway, how was the service? I might consider going to one to get a full blood screening. Most Doctors don't seem it necessary for young males to get Test levels, Free Test, SHGB Test and Estradiol levels checked.

Basically a lot of young men have issues and aren't treated because they don't know about it!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Why not just ask your Dr for the test? If you have valid reasons it shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/mentest.html

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Kritafo
    Why not just ask your Dr for the test? If you have valid reasons it shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/mentest.html
    I have, lots of Doctors see it as a waste of resources. I only got a total testosterone sample done. I need the others as well to confirm suspicions I have. But if one comes back in the "normal" range they don't see it necessary to screen other tests.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model S

arent private clinics illegal?

nope....there is a private clinic that run out Calgary. I haven't dealt with any. I guess it just depends on your Dr, when I took my mom for an alternative therapy here in town, we had the option to pay for the test or they told us to ask our family Dr. Our family Dr happily ticked off the tests to be done, even faxed the alternative Dr the results.

http://www.copemanhealthcare.com/about_locations

Order online man. There's some good labs that will do those tests for a decent price.