Quantcast
Free 1985 mr2sc/tc project - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free 1985 mr2sc/tc project

My Ride
    13' Gen Coupe 2.0 R spec

Default Free 1985 mr2sc/tc project in Calgary

I have new renters going into my rental house and they need my car removed, I always planned to finish this car, but family and time have gotten the better of that idea. When I parked it and decided to twincharge the car it was a very strong running 200hp supercharged monster. It is a 1985 mr2 with an 89 4agze motor put in it running on an SDS standalone engine management system, has a custom made larger crank pulley to run more boost and a custom made idler pulley made as well as the crank pulley touched it. It has suspension techniques lowering springs and tokico shocks in the front, cheap ones in the back. I parked it 10 yrs ago attempting a twincharge upgrade. I had a custom manifold made that moved the turbo to where the battery was, battery relocated to front trunk, upgraded the injectors, ct26 turbo from a supra added with the internal waste gate welded closed and a external one added as I was told it didn't flow enough to keep the boost down on this project. Oil and coolant lines have all been plumbed and hooked up to the turbo and drains. A air to water intercooler from a celica alltrac is mounted in the trunk with a external radiator for it mounted under the rear trunk with lines going through a grommet hole. Now this car has been parked on jackstands in a gravel parking pad for the last ten years, so it may need quite a bit of work for it run again, but it is a toyota, so you never know! It has 2 sets of wheels, 85 stockers and some 89sc wheels as well, one set has tires on them, but they are garbage and probably won't even hold air, but could be used to bolt on if you can winch the car or drag it out.

I need this car moved by Thursday or it and all of those will be going to the wrecker! I live in BC and have no way of bringing it out here or anyplace to park it if I could. So please take it if you want. You can call me about any details, 1-780-381-9124 Chris
    Last edited by ChrisL; 02-10-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Pics would help the cause.

My Ride
    STi

If I was mechanically inclined, I'd be all over this. I love those AW-11 MR-2s. I still regret selling mine. So it was running when you parked it?

My Ride
    13' Gen Coupe 2.0 R spec

Won't be able to get any pics as I'm in fort Mac working for the week. And yes it wasrunning great when I parked it, autocross raced it at the oval track and it did 14.5 in the quarter, not great 1/4 mile numbers, but for the 1/8 mile it usually smoked 12sec cars, then at half track they just sailed by! That's when I thought I needed a little more topend. The supercharged torque was great for autocrossing, actually that car was better than my 1986 mr2 with a 3sgte in it, but that one has way better top end, which coincidentally will also be for sale once I get a new crank in it.

Any idea how much it would cost to get her down here? Any beyonders willing to tow this baby down here for cheap? Whereabouts is she located?

My first car was an red aw11 and it certainly was one of the most "soulful" cars i've ever owned. Would really like to take her if I can get it down here for a reasonable price.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

OP is from Lumby, BC - Near Vernon. One of the best highways in BC for summer twisties is in between Lumby and Needles, I love that area.

They are renters; If you really want to keep the car, you can tell them to pound sand.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I can arrange for a company to move the car to me no problem. The issue is that I won't be in Calgary until end of the month, and even then I would need the car to be in running shape before the moving company would consider it.

That would mean that the car would need to be drivable and not leaking any fluids. I'd also need to get it registered too.

Is there is a way for you to see if the car is running?
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.

My Ride
    13' Gen Coupe 2.0 R spec

Sorry, my mistake on my post, the car is located in NE Calgary, saddleridge. The car is not running and would need some work to make it drive able, the turbo/twincharge conversion is not complete yet, about 70% done, just exhaust after the turbo( I did have a custom turbo elbow made for it), some wiring, and finishing up of the air to water intercooler system. I have the key with me in fort mcmurray, but I'm coming through town next Tuesday and can drop off the key and sign the transfer papers. So whoever wants it would have to get it towed out of the back alley parking stall this week. Any other questions feel free to ask or call

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisL; 02-10-2014 at 02:22 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by EM2FTL
    OP is from Lumby, BC - Near Vernon. One of the best highways in BC for summer twisties is in between Lumby and Needles, I love that area.
    Yep..don't tell too many people!

I'll pick it up!!
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by ChrisL
    Sorry, my mistake on my post, the car is located in NE Calgary, saddleridge.
    Lol well this changes everything, whoever does pick it up, take some pics, I'm sure everyone is alot more curious now that they know it's in the city.

I am starting a build blog. I'll keep this thread updated.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    2007 Infiniti G35S

Originally posted by R154
    I am starting a build blog. I'll keep this thread updated.
    If you decide not to take it for some reason, I'll take it

My Ride
    z31,es2, multiple TE72

Originally posted by SpeedyZ

If you decide not to take it for some reason, I'll take it
    ditto
    HIGH ROLLA MOTORSPORTS
    86 300zx Turbo, Multiple TE corolla stuffs

My Ride
    Blue boy

Funny this thing lasted that long, if I had somewhere to park it it would have been gone the first day

My Ride
    13' Gen Coupe 2.0 R spec

Hello again guys, the cars back up for grabs! R154 was supposed to take it, and sounded friendly and knowledgable on the phone, but never showed up to take it, he had lots of time, and seemed very interested, he just won't answer any texts or phone calls, so whoever wants it, it's all yours! Same condition as stated before, but I signed the registration and a key is hidden on it for whoever picks it up.

Thanks
    Chris

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by ChrisL
    Hello again guys, the cars back up for grabs! R154 was supposed to take it, and sounded friendly and knowledgable on the phone, but never showed up to take it, he had lots of time, and seemed very interested, he just won't answer any texts or phone calls, so whoever wants it, it's all yours! Same condition as stated before, but I signed the registration and a key is hidden on it for whoever picks it up.

Thanks
    Chris
    Damn should have brought it to BC! I would take it no problem.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Mine!

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    Mine!
    Build thread!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast