My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Edmonton is a shithole

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Who's surprised? I didn't even click on the link

just had to laugh at the sign

There's only two things that smell like <º))))>< ...one of them is <º))))><

Life is like a dick, sometimes it gets hard for no reason.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

just came back from there yesturday after 2 days for work..does anybody use a fucking turn signal? Fuck man that city looks like calgary NE, but the whole city!

My Ride
    Jetta

Yeah, I'm up here for school and I can tell you this city is really disgusting as a whole. It has its rare nice parts to be fair, but for the most part, the entire design and look of the city just feels run-down.

ya whenever im up in edmonton it always feels like im in dover for some reason

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

LOL, because homeless people care about signs...

My Ride
    V167

They need that shit. I've seen people pissing on Whyte avenue in broad day light. . The whole city is like Forest Lawn....but worse.

LOL.....Edmonton.....

PS that sign is borderline racist.....no mouthwash hahahahha

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Yeah that place is a fucking Dive.

My brother was up there for new years this year and three people almost picked a fight with him in two days. That's never happened here or anywhere else, ever.
    People are so aggressive and cold up there. I avoid that place like I do Forest lawn.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I remember spending 2 hours at the greyhound station once.... that sure was fun.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

lol I think you guys generalize a bit too much. I grew up in Calgary and spent most of my life there. Now I am in Edmonton and while overall I would probably say I still like Calgary better, there really isn't much of a difference and there are lots of things I like better about Edmonton, like for instance the people with a much lower level of arrogance compared to Calgary.

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by blownz
    lol I think you guys generalize a bit too much. I grew up in Calgary and spent most of my life there. Now I am in Edmonton and while overall I would probably say I still like Calgary better, there really isn't much of a difference and there are lots of things I like better about Edmonton, like for instance the people with a much lower level of arrogance compared to Calgary.
    It's not significantly different than Calgary - I find the River valley is way nicer than anything in Calgary. However they definately have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to comparisons to Calgary.

They (people, radio stations, etc) compare themselves to Calgary way too much like they have something to prove. Lots of trash talk about calgary, iirc a few years ago the Bestbuy ads would be like, "Edmonton 2, Calgary 0" (before we had BB here in Calgary).

Not to mention the constant banter about how they get such and such sporting events, concerts, and how Calgary won't stop milking the Olympics that happened 20 years ago (which is true for the most part). I'm not saying it doesn't happen here (this thread is a great example of that), just not to the degree you see in Edmonton.

If you want to personify it, Edmonton is the guy constantly bragging about the size of his dick while Calgary is the guy that says, "good for you, why are you always talking about your dick? I'm not gay and I don't care."

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I'm not saying the same things don't happen here, I am just trying to point it out to a few people here that seem pretty bad. And I don't think it is worse here than in Calgary (remember I have lived over 10 years in each city).

Both cities like to brag about what they have which is fine imo. But it is the bashing of the other city that just seems stupid to me (and I am not talking about fun banter about sports teams). They are both great cities in a great province. People that have nothing better to do than just point out the negative about the other city and continually bash are just idiots imo.

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by blownz
    I'm not saying the same things don't happen here, I am just trying to point it out to a few people here that seem pretty bad. And I don't think it is worse here than in Calgary (remember I have lived over 10 years in each city).

Both cities like to brag about what they have which is fine imo. But it is the bashing of the other city that just seems stupid to me (and I am not talking about fun banter about sports teams). They are both great cities in a great province. People that have nothing better to do than just point out the negative about the other city and continually bash are just idiots imo.
    no no, i was agree with your post for the most part and adding my 2 cents.

My Ride
    04 Mini Cooper S JCW

Originally posted by hampstor

It's not significantly different than Calgary - I find the River valley is way nicer than anything in Calgary. However they definately have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to comparisons to Calgary.

They (people, radio stations, etc) compare themselves to Calgary way too much like they have something to prove. Lots of trash talk about calgary, iirc a few years ago the Bestbuy ads would be like, &quot;Edmonton 2, Calgary 0&quot; (before we had BB here in Calgary).

Not to mention the constant banter about how they get such and such sporting events, concerts, and how Calgary won't stop milking the Olympics that happened 20 years ago (which is true for the most part). I'm not saying it doesn't happen here (this thread is a great example of that), just not to the degree you see in Edmonton.

If you want to personify it, Edmonton is the guy constantly bragging about the size of his dick while Calgary is the guy that says, &quot;good for you, why are you always talking about your dick? I'm not gay and I don't care.&quot;
    Good post. I agree with everything you say except that Calgarians don't bash Edmonton as much. I've lived in both cities and would have to say, the bashing is equal among both cities.

Calgary as a whole is nicer looking city but I think the prime spots of Edmonton are nicer than Calgary's. The river valley is second to none and is absolutely massive. I find drivers in Edmonton much less aggressive and money is not nearly as important to people in here either. That's the reason why I left Calgary. Everyone downtown seems to be obsessed with showing everyone how much money they have.

And, I think Calgary has a lot more homeless people. I've never seen a "squeegee" guy in Edmonton and can't believe the amount of druggies/homeless people living on the east side of Calgary's downtown. And to top it all off, Calgary's roads this winter are terrible. I'd be afraid to drive my Mini on those roads.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by gran turismo

Calgary as a whole is nicer looking city but I think the prime spots of Edmonton are nicer than Calgary's. The river valley is second to none and is absolutely massive. I find drivers in Edmonton much less aggressive and money is not nearly as important to people in here either. That's the reason why I left Calgary. Everyone downtown seems to be obsessed with showing everyone how much money they have.
    That's why you left Calgary? Man you're sensitive.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

I like how barely anyone even read the article, they just saw the thread title and assumed it was an anti-edmonton ho-down.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

PS that sign is borderline racist.....no mouthwash hahahahha
    Not even close.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    cars

Ok IF you need a sign to tell you not to piss and shit in public. that's a bad signal right there that the city is trash.

OH yah and Drug dealers are BAD?? Wait a second.. So you're saying.. NO to drug dealers.. damn! that sucks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast