Quantcast
Customer Service ( Samsung Facepalm!) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Customer Service ( Samsung Facepalm!)

Default Customer Service ( Samsung Facepalm!)

So I purchased a Samsung Blu- Ray player right before Christmas from Leons and about 3 weeks ago I tried watching Babylon AD, I heard it sucks, but it was the only movie they had left at Blockbuster that I have not seen, but anyway, it did not play past the menu. I then looked through the manual and then searched the net to see what the problem is and found out that the unit might need a firmware upgrade. After the upgrade ( from the Samsung website) the player just stopped working. So it has been a few weeks since I have contacted both Samsung and Leon's to get it sorted out, and I am still without a replacement because of some retarted BS.

-First, I was out of the 30 day exchange policy that Leon's have, so I have to deal with Samsung directly.

-Then there was an issue with getting the copy of the bill of sale to Samsung - Leon's had the wrong fax number (took them a week to sort this out).

- During that week when I called Samsung to follow up as to what is going on, the rep I was talking to hung up on me, after not being able to explain why they still did not have enough info for them to proceed with the exchange, and that pissed me off the most because I was not being aggressive at all over the phone.

It has been a week from the last time I called Samsung, and from that conversation, I was going to get a replacement sent to my house within 5 business days. So I called today to get a tracking number just so I can arrange for someone to be at home when they drop it off, Samsung then informs me that they have not sent me out a replacement because they only have part of my serial number on file! WTF! I have given them the serial number of the player from the initial conversation so that they can start a claim/ ticket number and it wasn't an issue then, and I would not have found out if I did not call

I am trying to get the issue escalated but no favorable solutions or options yet, but I just thought I would give everyone the heads up, if you have a Samsung Blu - ray player, hopefully you guys have better luck than me. I guess it serves me right for buying a Blu- ray player from Leons when we were shopping for end tables, which we did buy, but they work just fine, so I'm not going to be bitch about that.

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

if you ask me, Samsung's getting smarter and looks like they have an anti-crap chip in their blu-ray players so that their players wont play shitty movies

lol anyways, if i were you i would try the same movie but another disc? maybe its the actual disc itself that's crapping out on you?

if that still doesn't work, best of luck dealing with Samsung, i used to work at futureshop and i HATED it when customers came back with Samsung or Toshiba products

Well I finally received my replacement Blu- Ray player, after all hassle, Leon's decided to do the right thing and did the exchange, but I still have the same problem with the new unit, it still won't play past the menu on the Babylon A.D. movie and today, my kids were watching Horton Hears a Who, the movie played but not any of the bonus features, is this a common issue? I'm quite hesitant with doing the firmware upgrade again, any ideas?