Quantcast
Alberta Landlord / Tenant Questions / FAQ - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8
Results 141 to 157 of 157

Thread: Alberta Landlord / Tenant Questions / FAQ

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    TRD Pro
    Posts
    2,453
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Fvck I hate dealing with tenants.

    Tenant was late on rent... finally get a hold of him and he lost his job and is already 90% moved out with zero notice.. deposit is used to cover rent, but now I dont have anything in case there is damage...

    As luck would have it:
    -Condo had wall mounted speakers all mounted to a central RCA wall gang. Tenant said speakers didnt work, so he unscrewed four of them from the wall and threw them all out. Including a free standing center speaker and sub! He thought this was ok?!?! Oh, and most of the wires were pushed back in the wall!! Sounds a little fishy to me.
    -Met with him last wednesday for a walk through. Still a ton of shit laying around which he promised to have out and cleaned saturday and dirty. Fast forward to today, still havent heard from him and not returning calls or emails. Heading there this afternoon, but guessing nothing is done and it will now be my job.
    -All of the above, plus he still has a set of keys, a fob and the garage remote. At least have the decency to return that!!

    Merry XMas.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,924
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    What a great asset class
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,232
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    The only reason I own real estate is because I require shelter.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Lease
    Posts
    3,162
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a great asset class
    Exactly. Someone is paying your mortgage off and making you rich
    @R-Audi sorry to hear.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,924
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. Someone is paying your mortgage off and making you rich
    @R-Audi sorry to hear.
    You’re richer than you think
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Man it's stories like this that keep me up at night about our rental. We screen pretty throughly, but you never know.

    The only reason we're doing it at all is because we used a CMHC downpayment assistance program 10+ years ago and we owe it back if we sell before year 19. That and we'd have been underwater selling when we bought our house since we bought at the then boom.

    Otherwise I don't get why you'd want the headache... And if you're rich enough to throw money at a property manager or eat vacancies, why wouldn't you put that cash into an ETF instead of a slum...?
    Last edited by Pauly Boy; 12-21-2021 at 03:39 PM.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,924
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    What. Don’t you want to be RICH?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    make sure to track the guy down at whatever new job he gets to serve his papers(lawsuit). Make sure his bosses know your there looking to serve his employee. Might make his bosses rethink his employment.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,232
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Man you landlords have a lot of free time.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,854
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Track down his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,351
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only reason I own real estate is because I require shelter.
    This x 100.

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Track down his dad.
    Exactly.
    And all his uncles and possibly grandpas. No stone unturned. Or rectums I should say.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    TRD Pro
    Posts
    2,453
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Small update:
    I got the keys back.... so thats good. But condo it still a mess and there is a bunch of stupid little things that need repair or replacement. Who takes sink drain plugs?!?!? Or removes the rubber cabinet bumpers?

    Worth noting, this is the first issue Ive had renting in over 12 years. Im usually pretty good with screening tenants. This was an engaged couple here on a work and school visa and seemed quite nice, but famous last words. Im not really in this by choice, I bought the condo 15+ years ago and it turned out to be a shitty buy.. current value is less than when I bought it (few years prior to the boom) and Ive already refinanced and took money out, so I need a year or two more so then I can liquidate it without being under water with the mortgage. Generally speaking it rents very quickly, as its a great location just off 17th and 4th.

  14. #154
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Triangle
    My Ride
    Lexus
    Posts
    10,323
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Sucks man but stay strong. You’re a good dude.
    Conversations like this can be intense.

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. Someone is paying your mortgage off and making you rich
    @R-Audi sorry to hear.
    Theres risks involved and a lot of land lords cant hack it but for lots its as you say @TomcoPDR . Been doing this about 15 years now and had a run in like you @R-Audi early on, even took the bastard to RTDS and they still ruled in his favor, i was only out 1500 so not too bad compared to most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,351
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Small update:
    I got the keys back.... so thats good. But condo it still a mess and there is a bunch of stupid little things that need repair or replacement. Who takes sink drain plugs?!?!? Or removes the rubber cabinet bumpers?

    Worth noting, this is the first issue Ive had renting in over 12 years. Im usually pretty good with screening tenants. This was an engaged couple here on a work and school visa and seemed quite nice, but famous last words. Im not really in this by choice, I bought the condo 15+ years ago and it turned out to be a shitty buy.. current value is less than when I bought it (few years prior to the boom) and Ive already refinanced and took money out, so I need a year or two more so then I can liquidate it without being under water with the mortgage. Generally speaking it rents very quickly, as its a great location just off 17th and 4th.
    I was in a similar situation but after dealing with a shitty tenant and condo board spat I sold, took my equity, and ran. Start the fucking car! Best decision I ever made.

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Lease
    Posts
    3,162
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theres risks involved and a lot of land lords cant hack it but for lots its as you say @TomcoPDR . Been doing this about 15 years now and had a run in like you @R-Audi early on, even took the bastard to RTDS and they still ruled in his favor, i was only out 1500 so not too bad compared to most.
    It's such a crapshoot industry


    Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and Ive already refinanced and took money out, .
    Such a classy gentleman you are as always @R-Audi , enjoying the perks of HELOC, without needing to scream HELOC in our faces

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Similar Threads

  1. Landlord Help Please - Rights as a Tenant?

    By 5hift in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM
  2. Landlord tenant question

    By AndyL in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 01-20-2009, 11:52 PM
  3. Alberta Tenant Lease Laws

    By sgouki in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
  4. Landlord/Tenant Question. Please Help.

    By Kona9 in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
  5. FAQ & special guides section!

    By Zephyr in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 03-17-2003, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •