Quantcast
how about searail? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: how about searail?

My Ride
    s60

Default how about searail?

hi~~~I want to ship my car from Toronto to Edmonton this month . I just made an appointment with Searail today and they will pick my car on 18 Dec. But i just searched out so many bad comments about their service and i am so afraid now! anyone used searail before? pls tell me if it is true they are really that &^%##....thanks!!

My Ride
    VAG products

Searail dropped off a buch of cars to our dealership, and there was nothign wrong with them. What have you been hearing?

My Ride
    335i

Ive used them twice and they have been fine each time. Probably won't use them again because their service is so bad and there are too many horror stories.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    s60

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-39802.html

check this pls~~~

i spent the whole afternoon worrying about this

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

people tend to hate them on here but I havn't heard any bad things personally

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I used Hansens to ship a car to TO.. no issues at all.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Treg/B7

When I shipped a car i contacted sea rail and they wanted to me to sign a form that said they are not liable for damages. They refused to insure damage that they caused while shipping. I did not feel that was right so i contacted Hansens, they are fully insured and will pay for damages.

This made me feel more comfortable as i also heard horror stories about Sea rail so i used hansens with no issues.

Hansens was also aroudn the same price so why not go with the peace of mind knowing they will repair their own damages.

My Ride
    STi

I used them and had no problems at all. I heard the train ride is bad for your wheel bearings but I haven't had issues, I've been driving my ride for like a year.

My Ride
    s60

thank you all guys and i called searail again to ask about the insurance, the guy was very nice and told me they would cover the damage if there is one...i also called hansens but the price is $400 more than searail and they suggested me to pick the car in Calgary so i could save $400.

i could pay searail when i pick the car in Edmonton but i have to pay hansens now if i decide to use them...

i havent make up my mind...

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

I have used searail a few times and they were awesome. With any shipping company there are always horror storys if you look hard enough. If they are willing to insure your vechicle then why not.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz 500SL

Searail used to have some issues, but the past year or so they have become a very good company to deal with. I ship plenty of cars with them each month, with no issues.

My Ride
    Kirov, rx-7

they sent my car to montreal by accident...

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I used Hansens to ship a car to TO.. no issues at all.
    I used Hansens to ship my MR2 form San Diego to Calgary and no issues at all.

Searail on the other hand is a different story. I would still love to get my hands on that puke in Vancouver that runs the place as he taunted me over the phone then when I threatened to come down there and pay a visit he had Vancouver police call me at my place of work lol.

My Ride
    SDS Lambo's and nbaker wild

i've shipped cars with both (well my Dad has and i have). Searail cracked the bumper in his 05 G35X and they replaced it for us after a little bit of hassling. My car that was shipped with them was perfectly fine though. Hansens shipped the G35X back to Calgary and no problems. Hansens seemed better organized too.

I found Searail to be cheaper. They shipped my car with no problems and it was quite heavily modified. If they bagged on it, it didn't show.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by joana420
    thank you all guys and i called searail again to ask about the insurance, the guy was very nice and told me they would cover the damage if there is one...i also called hansens but the price is $400 more than searail and they suggested me to pick the car in Calgary so i could save $400.
    Get that insurance policy in writing. No one will care about what some random said on the phone. I remember they tried to pull that same thing with me once so I had to find a different shipper. At that time, Searail did not cover damages unless it was a total loss (and then they would cover up to 10k)
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Angry Searail

Just a quick warning,

Please don't make the same mistake I made and ship with Searail. They are a real bastard of a company. I would highly recommend that you stay away from this company. I shipped a car from Vancouver Island to Ontario and there was $2000.00 damage. They refused to pay anything citing it was a manufacturer's defect. Kudos to Searail!!! I guess all 2004 VW Jetta's come with the front fairing hanging off with red paint marks on black and scratches.
    I will be taking this company to court and anyone who has successfully done this is encouraged to write to me and let me know how it went. In fact, I would go as far as to get a petition going here and maybe a lawsuit from multiple parties. What do you say, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

No more Unaware public.