Quantcast
South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again?

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Default South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again?

Now I am sure everyone has heard the story about jdm jspec and how this dealership wouldn't give him his 500 back. Until now I thought of it as "you paid for a lesson learned in life" and though it might be a shitty act on the part of dealership I didn't care and would still buy from them since they had so many good reviews. But now I really understand the situation of the kid and how he was robbed, no matter how many good reviews you've got your dealings show otherwise.

Here's the conversation with him.

Nbaker:
    Hey man.

Just sending this message out (same thing as i've sent to a few other members tonight)
    Obviously I am not posting in that thread alot (adding fuel to the fire as some would say)

Just wanted to say that your example you just posted was a good addition.
    As you said, the only reason the thread has gotten so big is because this is the first time a negative thread has come up for our dealership. I know more positives will always be coming up

Just wanted to say thanks for putting that in the perspective that hopefully more people will understand

-Norman Baker
    ragu wrote on 12-10-2008 11:13 PM:

no problem man, its all full of BS
    I bought my car 2 weeks before I noticed the ad for s4; I was pissed and disappointed...lol
    Good Luck!
    Nbaker: Haha, thanks!
    I am actually getting a good laugh out of *most* of it haha.
    Sure, there was a point to be made (by both the op, and myself)
    But more then half the posts are just jibberish aruging with each other
    So I've been kind of ticked out, and humoured at the same time.. It all balances out

Today I was looking at "ballin 2000 740i" and thought this really looks good and maybe we can work out a deal BUT to my extreme surprise the price was raised by 2G?!? I mean this is my guess but it looks like this car got too much attention and they decided to get as much money outta the sale as possible.......fair enough but fuck man you guys lost all your respect because of how you run your business and how obvious it is that you've gotta drain every penny outta the sale.

Now this whole things not gonna make a difference to me since I am pretty satisfied with what I drive but the way business is handled is extremely disappointing.... today, you've lost another customer

Last edited by ragu; 01-31-2009 at 10:55 PM.

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

damn son

My Ride
    Model S

Mr Lahey says: The shit-apple doesn't fall far from the shit-tree

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Here we go again

Om nom nom nom. South Deerfoot Suzuki is in you wallet eating your dollars Nom

Maybe it went to the $500 car wash?

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

To be fair .. if u notice .. many many for sell thread in beyond .. or other website ... asking price going up isn't un common ..

Or u see member A is selling a car for $8K .. then in 2 weeks .. u will see member B is asking $10K .. oh .. ok .. he put a new battery and full tank gas into it ..

Another reason is .. beyonders are all famous as low ballers?

Whatever F.S. thread .. whatever asking price .. beyonders will low ball anyway ...

I am sure norman is ok to sell the car at $14995 .. but he ask $16995 now .. so he can show $2K discount ...
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    15,000 red line

I was really interested when the price was 14995 and all of a sudden its 16995, I gave him another chance and pm'd him asking final price and he replies..."169995"
    This reminds me of 240sx/silvia where its price was raised during summer and the kid thought its demand drastically went up.

Maybe 16995 is special beyond pricing?

SDS lost all respect and I am sure I wouldn't send anyone I know to them....

Edit: people raise prices, aren't dealerships supposed to be more professional when they determine a price?

lol welp

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

That car is still a great deal for 16. Buy it and be baller.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

wait....wat
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    06 S2000

"Hands in your pocket, hands in your pocket.. Hands in your pocket!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

So you're mad because SDS listed a 740i at $14995 and then changed their minds and raised it to $16995? Did you put down an offer when it was at $14995 and then they raised it to $16995. Or were you just browsing and saw and noticed they raised the price for no reason?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Ever since SDS had that issue with the kid I was confused and careful if to buy from them or not. I trade or change cars every 4 months or so and if I don't get this one I could care less cos there is always another one out there.

It is NOT a rant. The reason for this thread was to show why I changed my mind 1) $500 deposit shit 2) shady practices as in this case.

Now the point is other people see this too. A dealership should be very stable in their dealings; you shouldn't be raising price just because more people like it, that is immature. From a sponsor I've never seen such shitty dealings i.e. ignoring complaints and issues.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by ragu
    Now the point is other people see this too. A dealership should be very stable in their dealings; you shouldn't be raising price just because more people like it, that is immature. From a sponsor I've never seen such shitty dealings i.e. ignoring complaints and issues.
    If my product was in high demand, I think I'd raise the price. Seems like Business 101 to me.

My Ride
    K-car

Report this so called "business practice"to AMVIC,see how they feel about it,maybe dealer are able to raise advertised prices.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Originally posted by natejj

If my product was in high demand, I think I'd raise the price. Seems like Business 101 to me.
    After putting it up for sale? That is why I called it being immature or failing in Business 101 therefore losing customers.

How come reputable sponsors like jdmsource or newlextasy don't play shady?

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

So did you actually put a offer on it or did you just notice this?

edit. One of the amazing thing about owning something is that you can ask whatever you want for it.
    Last edited by calgarys_finest; 02-01-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Calling this business 101 is ridiculous. I understand determining your cost based on demand (invisible hand blah blah) but we are not talking about a commercial product like PS3 or a commodity product (hell even a brand new car). We are talking about 1 item up for sale .. a used car .. you determine your price based on your cost and competition. Private sales raise their price all the time (bikes for example will be more expensive in summer etc) but for a dealership to do this in a short period of time for the same car based on demand? disappointing!!

You set the price ... if there is more demand ... sell it for asking price and be happy that you didn't have to haggle.

my .02

another reason why I'm not going to buy from SDS
    sad dealership, they kicked my friend out when he was looking at a 350Z there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast