Quantcast
South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again?

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Is it possible that some "additional" work was done on the BMW? Perhaps new tires and brakes? Maybe they got got the car, put it up for sale and realized some required maintenence was needed.

my experience with south deerfoot suzuki was positive to start with then turned bad as i found it they actually lied to me about many things.

i definitely would not reccomend anyone going there or dealing with them.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by bigboom
    my experience with south deerfoot suzuki was positive to start with then turned bad as i found it they actually lied to me about many things.

do share?
    since you so strongly stood behind them last thread?

Holy shit, weren't you their biggest Fanboy during the last thread??
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    POS

care to elaborate more?
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Default Re: Re: South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again?

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    Don't be a baby.
    This.

EDIT:
    Originally posted by ragu
    you've gotta drain every penny outta the sale.

That's what business is all about
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

your the guy that bought that 05 competition m3 right? I noticed you sold it very quickly. Do tell about this "experience gone wrong" ..

please elaborate
    didn't you support them to the end in the last SDS thread?

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

OOOO god....Another one of these threads. All dealerships do the same shit. I just don't get why the OP doesn't go to another dealership or look for a private sale.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    OOOO god....Another one of these threads. All dealerships do the same shit. I just don't get why the OP doesn't go to another dealership or look for a private sale.
    In the end MOST dealers are the same. Every time I've bought a new car I've had great service from sales guys but their finance managers always made honest "mistakes" by trying to charge doc fees twice or forgetting to apply 5% gst instead of 6% etc etc.

You really have to be on top of your game when dealing with these guys because if you don't crunch your own numbers $5-6 bux per month is hard to notice on a big loan.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

do share?
    since you so strongly stood behind them last thread?
    i stood behind them because everything they did seemed positive to me.

First off came the whole snowstorm pickup. Any other dealership would have just said why dont you just come down saturday or monday and pick the car up after the snow has stopped. At first I saw it as dedication but then i realized it was jsut stupidity to pick up a client and make them drive home in that kind of weather.

Secondly the screw up with the wheels. The more I think about it the angrier I get. How do you put wheels on a car where it wont clear the callipers? Sure they said they would stand behind their mistake if something happened to the brakes but im not sure they actually would have, had something gone wrong, seeing the way they are doing business now.

Thirdly was the fact they lied to me about the price of the car. I'll break down the process for you when they source a car in an auction for you. First off they will source you the car and tell you when its going to auction, then SDS will tell you to put in your bid. Now this is the point where it gets sketchy, Norman will tell you that they keep a profit margin on the car of $1500, if the car sells for less than your bid then you get the car at a lower price as well as long as they get their profit. I'm promised this by Norman.

Anyways when I bought the M3 i put in my bid and Norman said that should get the car. So I won the auction and got the car. However SDS paid a lot less for the car than what I paid so theoretically I should have gotten it at a lower price however they made up some bullshit sotry about how they only made $750 on the car but they just wanted to get me the car anyways just to increase their counts. This story would have been fine and would have known no better had I not tried to trade the car in on a new car. With the e46 m3's I kept hearing problems about the VANOS and subframe tears so i thought ah what the heck I wouldnt mind getting back into a new car and ditch the M3 before the expenses start adding up.

As i shopped around, a dealer was trying to get me a decent trade in value for my car and called SDS to see if they were interested in buying it back and selling it as they seem to bring in some high end cars. So the dealer asked SDS if they were interested in buying the car back at black book and this is when a SDS rep actually told the dealership that they paid a lot less than black book for the car and they werent interested. ANyways the dealer told me about this and gave me a trade in number way lower than black book based on feedback from SDS, BMW Gallery and Calgary BMW.

So essentially SDS bought the car at a way lower price than my bid and fed some bullshit about how much they paid for the car. The whole time Norman maintained if they paid less than the bid price I would get it at the price provided that SDS got their profit margin.

Also I was told that the carproof on this car was clean. As I got the car proof i saw a collision claim with a $0 total. Asking Norman about this he mentioned it was probably such a small claim that insurance wouldnt cover it as it was under the deductible so he considered the car clean when he told me it was a clean carproof. If i saw an accident claim on the car of any amount I would not have bid it on it $0 or not.

I didnt want to start a new thread as I didnt want to stir up bullshit but i am reccmonding to stay away from SDS as they run their business like a typical used car shop and feed you nothing but lies.
    Last edited by bigboom; 02-02-2009 at 01:52 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
    i dont know why people keep thinking deerfoot suzuki is different than every other used car dealership.

a used car dealership is a used car dealership.

If you don't like the price, move along.

CBB has been holding steady for the last few months on all used cars. With $cdn down in toilet, I don't see CBB dropping any time soon (actually CBB did went up for a couple of cars on my searches).

So if you don't like SDS prices and dealer won't budge. Don't complain. Just walk away.

I'm not sure why everyone is having a hard-on for that 740 anyway.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Also I was told that the carproof on this car was clean. As I got the car proof i saw a collision claim with a $0 total. Asking Norman about this he mentioned it was probably such a small claim that insurance wouldnt cover it as it was under the deductible so he considered the car clean when he told me it was a clean carproof. If i saw an accident claim on the car of any amount I would not have bid it on it $0 or not.
    Well my only exchange with Norm was the 06 M5 he had for high $40s that was suppose to land soon. Looks good and clean record as it usually said on the post. But I did a little search and found the same pics all over the internet and I was able to get a hold of the VIN#. Norm confirmed and I did a Carfax on the VIN# which came out not so clean.

And the cars basically has been passed around dealer to dealer like a crack whore. So I ask Norm again about the car and it's suddenly sold on auction again and not available.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that may be he release it back to auction knowing that it has a problem. But after your experience, it does cast some doubt on their quality control.

I'm not saying they will always be 100% on confirming records of US cars but doesn't seem like much homework has been done on their used purchases other than possible margins. And from the prices I found on that said 06 M5, and the price posted, SDS could have made $6-$8K easy back when the dollar was par.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/233526/fs...nancing-avail/

Notice unlike the usual SOLD posts, all info are removed.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-02-2009 at 02:28 PM.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Per you ad for the car you also considered the carproof to be clean as you stated it in your sales description for the car.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigboom
    [B]Vehicle Details
    Year : 2005
    Make and Model : BMW M3
    Exterior Color : Interlagos Blue
    Interior Color : Black
    Auto or Manual? : 6 Speed Manual
    Odometer Reading : 35000Km's
    Location of Vehicle : Calgary
    Description : Immaculate Condition, Low Mileage Canadian Car with 1 full year of factory warranty still left. Clean Car proof. Competition package that comes with better steering rack, larger brakes, 19' forged csl wheels, alcantara steering wheel, M track mode.
    Extras : Full 3m on Hood and Bumper. Factory Alarm system with motion detectors.
    Asking Price : $40000 OBO No reasonable offer refused.
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 02-02-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    [B]

Per you ad for the car you also considered the carproof to be clean as you stated it in your sales description for the car.

Vehicle Details
    Year : 2005
    Make and Model : BMW M3
    Exterior Color : Interlagos Blue
    Interior Color : Black
    Auto or Manual? : 6 Speed Manual
    Odometer Reading : 35000Km's
    Location of Vehicle : Calgary
    Description : Immaculate Condition, Low Mileage Canadian Car with 1 full year of factory warranty still left. Clean Car proof. Competition package that comes with better steering rack, larger brakes, 19' forged csl wheels, alcantara steering wheel, M track mode.
    Extras : Full 3m on Hood and Bumper. Factory Alarm system with motion detectors.
    Asking Price : $40000 OBO No reasonable offer refused.
    yeah that was until i actually looked at the car proof and got that explanation from him.. so i assumed it was a clean carproof according to his explanation that it was clean. but now i'm rethinking everything they told me at that dealership.
    Last edited by bigboom; 02-02-2009 at 02:18 PM.

wow Norman even sounds ridiculously sketchy. Would not buy from him or his 'family' dealership ever. Bigboom, I'd be pissed the way Norman treated you. Terrible.

wow these stories are gettin bad.

looks like SDS parade is getting trampled on

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Generic
    wow Norman even sounds ridiculously sketchy. Would not buy from him or his 'family' dealership ever. Bigboom, I'd be pissed the way Norman treated you. Terrible.
    He's a good guy. I have dealt with worse sales people. But it's a business and it's his dad's business so there's a limitation on what he can and cannot accommodate or control.

Even the best business would have the occasional sour customer experience. And it amplifies on the internet. The best a business can do is learn from it and improve upon the shortcoming.

There are still more + than - experience from SDS tho.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-02-2009 at 06:24 PM.

My Ride
    honda.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Don't blame Norman, blame his dad
    +1 for that.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Xtrema

He's a good guy. I have dealt with worse sales people. But it's a business and it's his dad's business so there's a limitation on what he can and cannot accommodate or control.

Even the best business would have the occasional sour customer experience. And it amplifies on the internet. The best a business can do is learn from it and improve upon the shortcoming.

There are still more + than - experience from SDS tho.

Well said man.

You can have 100 positive experiences but all you hear about is the one negative.

I am surprised to hear about how bigboom feels about his recent purchase though. He was supporting SDS hard.

I even recently contacted Norm to see if he can find any buyers for my SLK and I would cut him a finders fee. I don't have anything against him despite these recent threads. I run a business too and I'm sure there are quite a few jaded customers out there who would talk shit about me but I don't think I'm a bad guy, I'm a chill guy! lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast