Quantcast
South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Default Re: South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again?

Originally posted by ragu

Today I was looking at "ballin 2000 740i" and thought this really looks good and maybe we can work out a deal BUT to my extreme surprise the price was raised by 2G?!? I mean this is my guess but it looks like this car got too much attention and they decided to get as much money outta the sale as possible.......fair enough but fuck man you guys lost all your respect because of how you run your business and how obvious it is that you've gotta drain every penny outta the sale.

Now this whole things not gonna make a difference to me since I am pretty satisfied with what I drive but the way business is handled is extremely disappointing.... today, you've lost another customer

Its hard to properly appraise a car like that, if he wants to raise his price, that's his prerogative. Don't be a baby.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

i dont know why people keep thinking deerfoot suzuki is different than every other used car dealership.

a used car dealership is a used car dealership.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
    i dont know why people keep thinking deerfoot suzuki is different than every other used car dealership.

a used car dealership is a used car dealership.

I really don't see the problem here. If they think they can get more for the car why wouldn't they raise the price? If you don't like it then don't buy it. It would be different if you were in actual negotiations with them and they suddenly raise the price on you. Or if they purposely advertised at $14995 and when you get to the dealership it's suddenly $16995.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by B18C
    I really don't see the problem here. If they think they can get more for the car why wouldn't they raise the price? If you don't like it then don't buy it. It would be different if you were in actual negotiations with them and they suddenly raise the price on you. Or if they purposely advertised at $14995 and when you get to the dealership it's suddenly $16995. [/B]

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Actually, the law dictates for ANY retail business that if you advertise for a price, you must sell at that price. Otherwise, it's akin to a bait and switch practice - which (if this is considered a "retail" business) would be punishable by a hefty fine.

IF the dealership did not advertise this price anywhere, then it is totally their perogative to re-price as they see fit.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by googe
    Mr Lahey says: The shit-apple doesn't fall far from the shit-tree
    Perfect!

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Actually, the law dictates for ANY retail business that if you advertise for a price, you must sell at that price. Otherwise, it's akin to a bait and switch practice - which (if this is considered a "retail" business) would be punishable by a hefty fine.

IF the dealership did not advertise this price anywhere, then it is totally their perogative to re-price as they see fit.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Was actually going to head to SDS this weekend, was looking at SUVs for the lady. Totally slipped my mind, hit up some of the dealers in/around the Calgary Automall.

I guess SDS is out. I'll stick with buying new for this one.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

beyond is like the paparazzi,
    and Norman is like Brittany spears.

Of course if you look over everything he does with a fine tooth comb you are going to find something to make a thread about. Even tho lots of other dealerships / sales people do the same thing daily (even tho it is somewhat shady). This website has proved the whole love them when they are up, kick them when they are down saying. No ones work history is going to be perfect, yet alone a used car salesman.

The only difference is the paparazzi gets millions of dollars for the newest hottest Brittany news, you just get to feel like a big man trashing on what someone has done (even tho you don't know the circumstances). What I am trying to say is everyone makes mistakes, the only different is our mistakes aren't posted over the Internet for everyone to see.

Norman, If you don't have haters in life, you are doing something wrong.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Um.

Hating on SDS, and hating on Norman are two different things, and I hope people can understand that on both sides of the argument.

I've had great experiences with salespeople, but a terrible experience with their respective dealerships. I've also had great experiences with dealerships, despite negative experiences with the respective sales rep.

Having said that, I'm more likely to give a dealership a chance despite a poor review of a sales rep. But if I hear that a dealership treats their customers/potential customers poorly, you could be the best salesperson in the world and you won't get my business because you're just a sales rep, and the dealership will largely affect my buying experience, and what ability you have to make it better.

To put it into another perspective: one player does not make a team. Wayne Gretzky never won a Stanley Cup outside of the Oilers franchise. Norman's probably a pretty stand-up guy, but the dealership does not seem to follow his example.
    Last edited by TorqueDog; 02-01-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

ps.

LEAVE NORMAN ALONEEEEEEE

Originally posted by ABteg00
    ps.

LEAVE NORMAN ALONEEEEEEE
    lol

Originally posted by chkolny541

lol
    lawl we finally got Norman's twin brother

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Don't blame Norman, blame his dad
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Well, norman has always been very good at responding to my questions quickly and with the right information (which any salesperson worth his salt should be capable of).

This kind of stuff would seriously make me question doing business with SDS in the future though, and I think others would agree with me.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

the millions and millions fans chanting his name
    NORRRR-MAANNNNNN
    NORRRR-MAAAAAANNNNNN
    NORRRRRRR-MAAAAAANNNNNNN

when will he reply?

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Nbaker:
    Hey man.

Just sending this message out (same thing as i've sent to a few other members tonight)
    Obviously I am not posting in that thread alot (adding fuel to the fire as some would say)

thats why Norman hasn't replied yet

I'm sure his Daddy told him not to post in these threads anymore.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

Originally posted by adamc
    Well, norman has always been very good at responding to my questions quickly and with the right information (which any salesperson worth his salt should be capable of).

This kind of stuff would seriously make me question doing business with SDS in the future though, and I think others would agree with me.
    Well my car was written off just before christmas even made a thread about it. Decided to give Norman a call to see what he had and if you could get his hands on a RSX Type-s. Told me he would check and never got back to me. He told me that day he would call or send me a pm on beyond and nothing. I needed a car within the week (called thursday or friday needed a car same time the following week) and I dont appreciate not getting called back on a simple request of just checking inventory. I was getting a check cut and would of had money in hand by early the next week. Luckily I found a car else where.
    Last edited by nadroj23; 02-02-2009 at 10:08 AM.
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast