Quantcast
Drifting Carousel @ Race City - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Drifting Carousel @ Race City

My Ride
    65 Chevy C10

Originally posted by PremiumRSX

Wow, damn you have a nice camera there!

I can't get onto the UCCC group because I don't have a UC e-mail.
    There's a website now too, uccarclub.com but not much on it yet.

Sorath, check the facebook group for pics. I'll spend a little more time taking pics next time as they didn't turn out that well. We should have a UCCC photo shoot once it gets nicer

Originally posted by VW337

There's a website now too, uccarclub.com but not much on it yet.

Sorath, check the facebook group for pics. I'll spend a little more time taking pics next time as they didn't turn out that well. We should have a UCCC photo shoot once it gets nicer
    +1!

I never managed to make it out! For some reason something always comes up!!!

My Ride
    TDi

MRC has no car club =(
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    is in the works.

Originally posted by 403ep3
    MRC has no car club =(
    So what are you waiting for, start one

Originally posted by 403ep3
    MRC has no car club =(
    Originally posted by rawsensation

So what are you waiting for, start one
    haha yea, start one..

I'd join it, as long as everybody isn't a ricer like you.. haha how's the Megans holding up?

My Ride
    FC3S, GDB, Z32, 750K4, Cummins '600'

Tram Common is just upset because he would have hit the tirewall....

someone send him the hard copy of the video....

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by ~Touge/Wangan-
    Tram Common is just upset because he would have hit the tirewall....

someone send him the hard copy of the video....

I'm not upset. I just think the video was uploaded with the intent of seeking attention rather than "teaching".

Scope953, give me one "real life situation" where you'd come into a corner like that at 100 plus KM/H.

One which doesn't involve illegal activity...then maybe I'll see your point.

My Ride
    2013 Gen Coupe 2.0T

Real life situation?

Ok, you are on a TRACK, like the TRACK he was on, and you SCREW up a corner. What do you do? YOU LOOK WHERE YOU'RE TRYING TO GO and maneuver the car in a manner as to save it or take as little damage as possible.

You are obviously looking to start an argument. Most people would have written off their car in a situation like that. Sure, he may have been lucky, but the video was an example of someone reacting properly.

So yes, he does deserve props.

By the way, racing on a track is a LEGAL use of your vehicle in which you will be facing 100km/h + turns.
    Jameson Komen

2013 Gen Coupe 2.0T - Becky
    1990 Talon TSi AWD - Sold and then burned by new owner

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by Isimo
    By the way, racing on a track is a LEGAL use of your vehicle in which you will be facing 100km/h + turns.
    You missed the point we've already established here.

The point that this won't have any use for an individual unless A: He's a visual learner, and B: He's driving on a track.

So when I say this has no real life application I mean for the streets. Sorry if there was some confusion there.

I'm not looking to start an argument. I think PremiumRSX would agree. I just have a different take on the video.

Let's leave it at that and get back to the "purpose" of his video here.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by Tram Common

You missed the point we've already established here.

The point that this won't have any use for an individual unless A: He's a visual learner, and B: He's driving on a track.

So when I say this has no real life application I mean for the streets. Sorry if there was some confusion there.

I'm not looking to start an argument. I think PremiumRSX would agree. I just have a different take on the video.

Let's leave it at that and get back to the "purpose" of his video here.
    Did somone shit in your cornflakes this morning? it's a cool video, take for what it is.

Nice control Mark!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

mark.... base rsx my ass :P was a base rsx till you started messing with it lol. nice save man, nice save. and tram... dont talk about using this in real world situations, cuz this video was filmed on the track, for the track. you only think that way because you will probably never race on a track. videos like this are very helpful especially for racecity.

I'm not upset. I just think the video was uploaded with the intent of seeking attention rather than "teaching".

Scope953, give me one "real life situation" where you'd come into a corner like that at 100 plus KM/H.

One which doesn't involve illegal activity...then maybe I'll see your point.
    I understand your point of going 100+km/h. But honestly, you don't need to go 100+km/h for sticky situations to happen.

If you ever take defensive driving schools (I took one after I got my learners) they teach you to look ahead and look where you want to go.

They even say that in Discovery Channel's Canada's Worst Driver.

Some rain, ice, snow, road debris, collision occuring infront of you, etc. All of those can easily be applicable with this skill.

You don't have to be a "race car driver" to be a safe driver that utilizes this skill.

If you look ahead, you see a patch of glistening ice that may be detrimental to your stopping distance. By looking ahead, you can plan and anticipate it for that patch of ice. You'd probably brake earlier so you don't slide into somebody or some thing.

My Ride
    is wild

way early entrance angle, you should be much higher up on the right towards the wall on the uphill approach to that corner, and at full throttle(in that car) at the point you were 'trail braking'.

Maybe have a look at your suspension setup, swaybars, spring rates and shock dampering. Looks more like that drop off unsettled the rear end more then the braking considering how sudden and at the exact location of the drop off.

Originally posted by m10-power
    way early entrance angle, you should be much higher up on the right towards the wall on the uphill approach to that corner, and at full throttle(in that car) at the point you were 'trail braking'.

Maybe have a look at your suspension setup, swaybars, spring rates and shock dampering. Looks more like that drop off unsettled the rear end more then the braking considering how sudden and at the exact location of the drop off.
    I'll be honest.. I got a bigger motor (because it was cheaper) last year because I spun a bearing at Race City due to oil starvation on street tires!

Because I had to get a bigger motor, everything got fucked. I can't run the suspension setup I originally planned for.

I don't buy parts randomly.. I use spring rate, wheel rate, motion ratio, suspension frequency, weight balance, and alignment to set up my car. My old setup was perfect, I believe it was a fast setup while being easy to drive at the same time.

I setup with something I personally called "super-progressive oversteer". I was basically able to cancel out the inherent power-on understeer typical of FWD based off about 5-7 previous setups I've driven, research and my personal suspension calculations.

I haven't re-evaluated my new setup as there really isn't much I can do to get it to drive the same as before unless I spend some big money.

My shock dampers are rebound adjustable only so good for tuning handling balance.. we'll see what I can do this year with some minor changes that will make significant differences.

I know it's alot to read but if you're curious..
    -2.9 camber front
    -1.9 camber rear
    +4.5 deg castor
    Originally I had no front sway bar, 22mm solid rear.
    In the video, I had 15.3mm sway bar and 19mm rear.
    Stiffer rebound in front than rear by a little.
    Tire pressures (hot) were about 38/35.
    Spring rates are 10kg/mm front and 16kg/mm rear

I don't let people drive my car for a reason.. oversteer setup.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Question for PremiumRSX

How long did it took you to finalize your alignment setup? I am asking because I noticed that quite a few members on Beyond have their "personal" alignment setup, and I always wonder how do people determine their "perfect" setup... because if one have to keep changing camber, caster and toe for each lap (or track session), then won't they constantly need to realign to test each of their trial setup? It would be very costly!

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by gp36912
    and tram... dont talk about using this in real world situations, cuz this video was filmed on the track, for the track. you only think that way because you will probably never race on a track. videos like this are very helpful especially for racecity.
    I wasn't the one who brought up using this in the real world!

Jesus, do you guys read the entire thread before you jump to conclusions? I guess not.

Let's just end this dispute, it was an opinion against an opinion...there was no right or wrong.

Let's just end this dispute, it was an opinion against an opinion...there was no right or wrong.
    yup..

Originally posted by HiSpec
    Question for PremiumRSX

How long did it took you to finalize your alignment setup? I am asking because I noticed that quite a few members on Beyond have their "personal" alignment setup, and I always wonder how do people determine their "perfect" setup... because if one have to keep changing camber, caster and toe for each lap (or track session), then won't they constantly need to realign to test each of their trial setup? It would be very costly!
    You need a tire probe to check for tire temperatures.

There is no such thing as a "finalized" alignment setup, or suspension or tire pressure or anything else for that matter.

Reason being, different tracks require different setups. Also variations in temperature/weather will affect the required setup as well.

Also, driver preference can, and will play a large part into setting up alignment.

Feel free to PM me if you need to discuss in further detail.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I enjoy watching vids from the local track, you can actually relate to them because many of use have driven those corners. Thanks again for posting.. keep them coming
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I enjoy watching vids from the local track, you can actually relate to them because many of use have driven those corners. Thanks again for posting.. keep them coming
    haha thanks, I made another thread with a video that this oversteer vid was cropped out of..

You see me oversteer in other corners in the video too (except more subtle).

You'll see me turn into the corner, then suddenly back off and countersteer because the ass end is coming around.
    It's generally not a good thing to be shifting mid corner.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/252622/se...008-race-city/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4