Quantcast
Kramer Mazda Fraud! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kramer Mazda Fraud!

My Ride
    07 Mazda 3, 08 Mazda CX-7

Angry Kramer Mazda Fraud!

Just a heads up for anyone planning to purchase a vehicle from Kramer Mazda in Calgary. I bought my CX-7 from Kramer Mazda. The salesman was amazing! no problems there. But when i purchased my vehicle they never gave me a inspection sheet with the car. A week down the road i have had to take it back to the dealership cause the car shakes like hell. I asked the used car manager for a copy of the inspection sheet. He neglected to provide the inspection report.
    SO i take the car in to get an inspection done. The car had no balancing done, there is a damaged oil pan, they tried to blame me for "repairing" the oil pan.

While they were doing the inspection i stood at the window to watch the mechanic do the inspection.

I got the inspection back and they said that everything is fine except the damaged oil pan. So i booked the car to have it come back in the next day to get it fixed. They have the car all day and they call me to tell me the suspension is fucked.
    so i refer to my inspection sheet and the mechanic checked off saying the suspension is fine. They were also the people who tried to repair my oil pan but fucked it up and made it worse.

So long story short they sold me a vehicle without a saftey inspection.

They misled me saying that the vehicle was inspected and everything is good> but really the vehicle has some major work to be done on it. Carfax report comes back with a totally clean title.

I feel that they frauded me by selling me a vehicle that wasnt up to spec.
    Can anyone give me further info about selling a car without an inspection
    Its a 2008 CX-7 with 30 000 kms

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

should have got a 3rd party inspection done.... why would you trust the people selling the car to you that it is fine

call amvic and see what they have to say

It is YOUR responsiblity to do a 3rd party inspection if they don't provide one before the sale is final.

I don't think there is any fraud here. Carfax is useless btw, get a carproof.net report ASAP.
    Last edited by BlackArcher101; 02-04-2009 at 06:08 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Third party inspections are not required when purchasing the vehicle from a dealership. The dealership is required to do their own inspection and repair anything that needs to be repaired before they can put the vehicle up for sale. I'm not sure what could be messed up on the suspension and oil pan since the car is just over a year old but regardless it should all be under warranty.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My guess is the car smoked a curb and they did a crappy job repairing it. Carfax is useless in Canada, get a report from carproof.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Third party inspections are not required when purchasing the vehicle from a dealership. The dealership is required to do their own inspection and repair anything that needs to be repaired before they can put the vehicle up for sale. I'm not sure what could be messed up on the suspension and oil pan since the car is just over a year old but regardless it should all be under warranty.
    bingo

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Similar thing happed to my mom in the early days of south deerfoot suzuki. Inspection came back with brake pads at 90% life left, two weeks later theres a grinding and the brakepads were so worn out they destroyed the rotors. Just goes to show never trust a dealership

My Ride
    '64 Mini, '09 Mercedes

It is Illegal for a company to sell a motor vehicle in Alberta without a Inspection. Contact AMVIC asap and they will get everything sorted out for you.

In the end AMVIC will make them pay for the repairs and likely fine them a large amount of cash.

My Ride
    Axis powers

when will you people listen and STOP USING CARFAX jesus christ

how many times does it have to be said over and over again NOT TO USE CARFAX, IT'S AMERICAN
    USE CARPROOF IT'S CANADIAN
    Sig nuked by mod.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

isnt there a 'walk away' clause of 7 days in every dealership vehicle sale or something?

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by skylinegtr20
    It is Illegal for a company to sell a motor vehicle in Alberta without a Inspection. Contact AMVIC asap and they will get everything sorted out for you.

In the end AMVIC will make them pay for the repairs and likely fine them a large amount of cash.
    I work at Kramer, i'm not the salesperson in the situation, but Kramer does provide Carproof reports with all used vehicles and all the customers do sign a large stamp on every bill of sale saying they recieved a true copy of the inspection. Why you would sign that and take delivery without the inspection in hand is beyond me...

My Ride
    '64 Mini, '09 Mercedes

It doesn't matter if he signed anything or not. It's up to the dealership to supply all paperwork and have everything in proper order to sell the vehicle. If an inspection form is left out, its up to the dealership to make it available and it is up to the dealership to have the vehicle up to proper standards & state anything the vehicle might need.

mazdafan I suggest contacting AMVIC, stating what happened and they will take it from there.

Good luck.

My Ride
    2010 Hyundai Elantra

It is the responsibility of the dealership to provide a certificate of mechanical inspection...but they aren't responsible to fix it.

All that they have to do is let you know what is wrong and then it is up to you to buy or not.

Since they didn't do this, AMVIC will do an investigation and easily take your side on this and have them re-imburse any costs to you and give them a fine.

How good can an inspection really be though?

When I traded my mustang in it was back on the lot and 'mechanically certified' within days.

Unfortunately the tranny was almost finished because of a shift kit, and the speedo was off by 10% (i went to steeper gearing and never bothered to have it re-tuned/re-speedo-geared). Great inspection

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by skylinegtr20
    It doesn't matter if he signed anything or not. It's up to the dealership to supply all paperwork and have everything in proper order to sell the vehicle. If an inspection form is left out, its up to the dealership to make it available and it is up to the dealership to have the vehicle up to proper standards & state anything the vehicle might need.

mazdafan I suggest contacting AMVIC, stating what happened and they will take it from there.

Good luck.
    Your right it is up to the dealership, I believe an inspection was eventually supplied, while the issues are at discretion between the customer and the service department, signing a document stating you recieved something and not having it in hand is odd. It's like signing a bill of sale and not taking the car....i'm sure it will eventually be solved to the customers satisfaction.

My Ride
    BMW 135i

Ya i heard the mechanic there is gay. His name starts with an L.
    "looks kinda like a hair cul-de-sac"

My Ride
    2010 Hyundai Elantra

Originally posted by FilthyMcNasty
    Ya i heard the mechanic there is gay. His name starts with an L.
    What are you 10 years old???

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Originally posted by ricosuave
    isnt there a 'walk away' clause of 7 days in every dealership vehicle sale or something?
    there is if the buyer is still within that timeframe get them to fix anything that is wrong free of charge. After that you're SOL if the car has damage other than something covered under warranty and normal wear.

My Ride
    Toyota Prius

I work in the shop there but am not entitled to say what happened with this car due to losing my job. A friend called me up telling me about this thread and I did not know it was yours till he explained the problems with the car and it clicked which cx-7 it was.

But i would like to know what suspension was damaged. but once again am not entitled to say what i believe is right or wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast