Quantcast
SHIT dog. Underoath and Norma Jean March 6th!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SHIT dog. Underoath and Norma Jean March 6th!!

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Originally posted by 240SX92

whiny/try-hard/changing-to-popularity/preachy/not-even-close-to-hardcore.
    Everything you said in that post was exactly "whiny/try-hard/changing-to-popularity/preachy/not-even-close-to-hardcore", so whats the problem here?

Those bands for the most part have a very different sound from most Christian hardcore bands... which I don't like (except Converge... Converge is awesome).

Go shit in someone else's thread.

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Originally posted by thrasher22

Everything you said in that post was exactly "whiny/try-hard/changing-to-popularity/preachy/not-even-close-to-hardcore", so whats the problem here?

Those bands for the most part have a very different sound from most Christian hardcore bands... which I don't like (except Converge... Converge is awesome).

Go shit in someone else's thread.
    Actually that band list was aimed more at fillers for Norma Jean, ie. Bands with talent. I'm not big into the whole styling of Christian hardcore so I have no fillers for Underoath, maybe He is Legend? or even I guess ETID works. Oh how about the Refused?

As for finding better bands then Christian hardcore, well any "post"- hardcore because they don't preach (except straight-edge) or associate religion (which I find has no place in music).

I'd rather shit in this thread where young kiddies are jizzing over shitty shit.

I'm not sure if I was whiny, more just "making fun of (not the fans, more the bands)" attitude. Was not try-hard that I know of, more just filling in the young kiddies with some more different bands then these 2 crap piles. Not sure how I was changing to popularity so that didn't make much sense. Preachy, maybe, if by preachy you mean I was influencing them to listen to better metalcore. I'm not sure if I was "not even close to hardcore" I'm not sure how that one works.

And what's wrong with Botch?
    Last edited by 240SX92; 03-02-2009 at 07:31 PM.

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

I'd rather shit in this thread where young kiddies are jizzing over shitty shit.
    I take everything back over this line. That is awesome

It was more the way you came into a thread about how people were stoked about a concert seemingly just to shit on everything.

I'm not particularly for or against religion in general, but I've never seen the problem with religion being in music... there are so many songs against religion (in metal/punk/hardcore at least), why not some about religion?

Norma Jean has never struck me as all that preachy...?

I'm just curious, what do you think of bands like Misery Signals or Parkway Drive? (similar style, but not religious)

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

norma jean sounds kind of amateur to me, like they recorded their album themselves with an old sanyo recorder on top of a garbage can in the garage of their parents house.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Actually that band list was aimed more at fillers for Norma Jean, ie. Bands with talent. I'm not big into the whole styling of Christian hardcore so I have no fillers for Underoath, maybe He is Legend? or even I guess ETID works. Oh how about the Refused?

As for finding better bands then Christian hardcore, well any "post"- hardcore because they don't preach (except straight-edge) or associate religion (which I find has no place in music).

I'm not sure if I was whiny, more just "making fun of (not the fans, more the bands)" attitude. Was not try-hard that I know of, more just filling in the young kiddies with some more different bands then these 2 crap piles. Not sure how I was changing to popularity so that didn't make much sense. Preachy, maybe, if by preachy you mean I was influencing them to listen to better metalcore. I'm not sure if I was "not even close to hardcore" I'm not sure how that one works.

And what's wrong with Botch?

I'm not young lol
    i dont like growly thrash metal where all they do is shred, just not into that kind of thing. I will listen to it, but would prefer many things over it.

I HATE religion, so much, i just honestly think christian hardcore bands are good! Post hardcore is just amazing.

You bestowing your opinion upon us isn't going to teach us what we should like, just what you like. It's ok to throw an opinon out as a suggestion but to come in here and just shit talk like that is a pretty faggety fuck move lol

If you dont like these bands, move along and make a thread about your's playing here, i'm just trying to alert folks of some bands they might like visitng calgary

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Originally posted by thrasher22

I take everything back over this line. That is awesome

It was more the way you came into a thread about how people were stoked about a concert seemingly just to shit on everything.

I'm not particularly for or against religion in general, but I've never seen the problem with religion being in music... there are so many songs against religion (in metal/punk/hardcore at least), why not some about religion?

Norma Jean has never struck me as all that preachy...?

I'm just curious, what do you think of bands like Misery Signals or Parkway Drive? (similar style, but not religious)
    I came into this thread because these bands are boring... simple as that. They apparently don't mind it, good for them, they are aroused by the simplest of smelly metalcore. I stated it's boring nature, then my severe dislike for bands who label themselves "Christian" -(insert genre here). Why not just use the (genre here)? It more bothers me they have to proclaim there religion as a part of the genre to separate themselves... Hell I don't mind some Christian bands, such as Impending Doom, Mortal Treason, MCMB etc etc, it just bothers me when the religion makes a whole separate genre, and furthermore the bands decide YEAH WE'RE TOTALLY CHRISTIAN (genre). Sing about some fake deity for all I care, just don't use it as a means to create a new genre then label yourselves as it, and certainly don't preach your religion to me mid-show (as underoath does). It's worse then Life Ruiner spouting our their straight edge awesomeness.

I wasn't calling Norma Jean preachy friend, was calling Underoath preachy. Norma Jean is just boring.

I wouldn't find Misery Signals or Parkway Drive TOO similar in style...Same base I guess, but to me they sound very different. Misery Signals are amazing, and have been for a long time, especially the bands members former bands 7 Angels 7 Plagues, and Compromise. Misery Signals would follow more along the lines of Shai Hulud, a fucking GREAT band too. Norma Jean started off ok and took a nose dive down shit mountain somewhere around O God the Aftermath... Parkway Drive is ok for what they do, playing the jud jud and not much else.

Again for similar styles to Norma Jean except GOOD, I would say Converge, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, The Chariot, Botch, etc.

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    If you dont like these bands, move along and make a thread about your's playing here, i'm just trying to alert folks of some bands they might like visitng calgary
    Go for it, but if they're shitty, i'm going to proclaim the shittiness... Nothing personal against you... Plus I came in here to suggest some alternate listening, probably did it in an asshole way, but oh well, it happens.

i dont like growly thrash metal where all they do is shred, just not into that kind of thing. I will listen to it, but would prefer many things over it.
    That's why I gave you a list of alternate listening, "growly thrash metal" (none of it was actually thrash, and I wouldn't say many thrash bands growl for that matter). Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, and Every Time I Die have more singing and lighter vocal styling then both Norma Jean and Underoath, but are twenty times the awesome.
    Last edited by 240SX92; 03-03-2009 at 05:18 PM.

My Ride
    00 Protege

I came into this thread because these bands are boring... simple as that. They apparently don't mind it, good for them, they are aroused by the simplest of smelly metalcore. I stated it's boring nature, then my severe dislike for bands who label themselves "Christian" -(insert genre here). Why not just use the (genre here)? It more bothers me they have to proclaim there religion as a part of the genre to separate themselves... Hell I don't mind some Christian bands, such as Impending Doom, Mortal Treason, MCMB etc etc, it just bothers me when the religion makes a whole separate genre, and furthermore the bands decide YEAH WE'RE TOTALLY CHRISTIAN (genre). Sing about some fake deity for all I care, just don't use it as a means to create a new genre then label yourselves as it, and certainly don't preach your religion to me mid-show (as underoath does). It's worse then Life Ruiner spouting our their straight edge awesomeness.

I wasn't calling Norma Jean preachy friend, was calling Underoath preachy. Norma Jean is just boring.

I wouldn't find Misery Signals or Parkway Drive TOO similar in style...Same base I guess, but to me they sound very different. Misery Signals are amazing, and have been for a long time, especially the bands members former bands 7 Angels 7 Plagues, and Compromise. Misery Signals would follow more along the lines of Shai Hulud, a fucking GREAT band too. Norma Jean started off ok and took a nose dive down shit mountain somewhere around O God the Aftermath... Parkway Drive is ok for what they do, playing the jud jud and not much else.

Again for similar styles to Norma Jean except GOOD, I would say Converge, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, The Chariot, Botch, etc.

Go for it, but if they're shitty, i'm going to proclaim the shittiness... Nothing personal against you... Plus I came in here to suggest some alternate listening, probably did it in an asshole way, but oh well, it happens.

That's why I gave you a list of alternate listening, "growly thrash metal" (none of it was actually thrash, and I wouldn't say many thrash bands growl for that matter). Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, and Every Time I Die have more singing and lighter vocal styling then both Norma Jean and Underoath, but are twenty times the awesome.

STFU already. Are you making money touring on stage? Are you in a band that is known?

Any band that makes it somewhere will have people like you that will shit on them.

Mr. Genre man, keep your genres to yourself, or else continue to keep submitting them on wikipedia for the bands that you know on there.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Christian metal is nothing new, it actually used to be good

Believer:

Ultimatum:

Tourniquet:

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Originally posted by mazda_maniac

STFU already. Are you making money touring on stage? Are you in a band that is known?

Any band that makes it somewhere will have people like you that will shit on them.

Mr. Genre man, keep your genres to yourself, or else continue to keep submitting them on wikipedia for the bands that you know on there.
    Hahaha I also put in my very opinionated comments for dipshits like this fellow to get saucy and upset because he loves his Underoath. Yeah, anyone ever who makes a band will have people shit on them, so why are you getting all saucy that I am, when you apparently understand the cycle of being a shitty band, having success?

I don't really understand what a "Mr. Genre Man" is, but I do understand how stupid the concept of a religious genre is... so should you, unless you're the pants jizzer over "omfg kewl christin rawk cuz i finally gawt a genre of my own that spouts out kewl proverbs and valuable lessons!"

Go listen to Creed.

My Ride
    00 Protege

Actually I never once stated that I liked either band. I just don't see the point of bashing them or any band for that matter, saying that you don'tlike them is one thing, saying they are shitty is another.

As for bands spouting relgious stuff in music, why does it matter? Music is written about almost anything that people have strong feelings or opinions on. Why does it matter if religion is something they have strong feelings about?

Ie. Listen to Propaghandi "Dear Coach's Corner" something totally off kilter of most lyrics....

All I was saying is that for this being a thread about a show that is happening doesn't mean you have to barge in and shit on the band, far from being constructive in any sense.

P.S. Your Maple Leafs aren't doing so hot....... 2nd last in their division ouch.
    Last edited by mazda_maniac; 03-04-2009 at 06:35 PM.

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Hahah you are pretty much right, but there are certain times when some bands cross that line, and move into the category of being able to call shitty. Underoath happens to be one of them, and while you're right about them being able to have religious beliefs in their music, as I don't often care about lyrics otherwise I wouldn't listen to half the shit I do, it just bothers me when they break out of that, and start spouting their religious beliefs between songs on young impressionable youth. It seems to me quite like a form of manipulation. Spouting religious shenanigans between songs is just as stupid as Life Ruiner claiming Straight Edge is the best lifestyle and spouting their filthy rubbish.

As for Norma Jean being boring, they are just plain boring. So is Underoath... That's not really opinion... it's just concrete science.

Hahha Yeah I've been a Leafs fan since I knew what Hockey is, and i'm not hopping on another bandwagon I stick with my team even though they are terrible. 67! 67! 67!

My Ride
    slow

Oh boy 240SX92 you couldn't be more wrong. The more words you type the bigger fool you make yourself look like!

Underoath preechs nothing. They tell you what they beleive and if you dont think the same, thats cool. Almost those exact words Ive personally heard them say more then once.

Liferuiner is a joke you fucking idoit they dont actually beleive that.

And Im not sure why your opinion makes something concrete science.
    Gas, Break, Bounce and Scrape

Originally posted by CMW403
    fucking lethbridge kids

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Because A) You don't understand fun simple jokes.

And B) You spread filthy lies as I've had the unfortunate pleasure to see both these crummy bands live, and have had my ears tainted by their crummy musicianship coupled with there filthy spreading of christianity. But last time I saw them was about 2-3 years ago, and about 5 years ago before that, so perhaps they have smartened up and stopped the preachyness... They still make shitty music.

and C) Liferuiner is a tremendous joke yes I agree, and I honestly don't know what they did after Johnny OC left so after that time you might be right, but before that time, I'm from the East and have seen Liferuiner an UNFORTUNATE amount of times, much like said crummy bands, and know for a fact they preach the shit out of straight edge and enforce it on others (in a very serious manner). Also knowing former members who quit due to this fact helps my conclusion.

Also, they are a joke because their musicianship is worse then Underoath / Norma Jean, a hard feet to accomplish.

Hahah it's also jokes some of you take my opinion so seriously. If anything you're making my opinion matter more by getting all steamed up, making it bother you.
    Last edited by 240SX92; 03-04-2009 at 11:34 PM.

My Ride
    00 Protege

Oh your opinion doesn't bother me, its just where and how you voice it that annoys me. You can think whatever you want about whatever band, ultimately I'll decide wether I like a band or not. But to come into a forum stating when a live show is, then be as ignorant as you? I wouldn't trust you opinion on any band.

Oh and by the way my opinion is ultimately concrete

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Not ignorant, ignorant implies a lack of knowledge on the subject (you can argue all you want on that, but you would be incorrect), I think you ment arrogant... I beg to differ, but that's your opinion

I think I more came in here with the shitty attitude when I saw the thread title as "SHIT DOG. (shitty bands coming here)" That just rang the warning bells of as I stated earlier little kiddies jizzing over shitty shit.

And see? Someone has a sense of humor.

My Ride
    00 Protege

I still disagree with you attitude but I will say I do prefer 18+ shows. Ie. When Silverstein came through last year and Protest the Hero was one of the Opening acts it was ridiculas. I was getting A&W and Rody was getting food at the vendor right next to it.... not a single person even seemed to know who he was...

I also went mainly for Protest, dear lord is Luke Hoskin good, actually the whole band is amazing.

My Ride

the devil wears prada was too sick.

i thought protest the hero was headlining though?? i dont remember.

My Ride
    1992 Pathfinder, 1990 VG30DETT

I just got tickets for the show in Vancouver on Saturday, Im pretty stoked. Underoath kicks ass!

My Ride
    00 Protege

the devil wears prada was too sick.

i thought protest the hero was headlining though?? i dont remember.
    I wish, they played just before silverstein, Sadly silverstein headlined. I didn't mind them but Protest was what I wanted to see most and their set was rather short.

Dwp was pretty good, I just felt their stag act was TOO rehearsed.. all swinging their guitars at the same tim and everything. I do however feel they overuse breakdowns hahaha.

My Ride

Originally posted by mazda_maniac

I wish, they played just before silverstein, Sadly silverstein headlined. I didn't mind them but Protest was what I wanted to see most and their set was rather short.

Dwp was pretty good, I just felt their stag act was TOO rehearsed.. all swinging their guitars at the same tim and everything. I do however feel they overuse breakdowns hahaha.
    Haha i'm pretty sure me and Kerry off here started a mosh pit during silverstien cause the kids were being such pussyyyyy's

Man DWP is just like my fav cause i love their breakdowns!!

I'm pretty excited for this show, i've been waiting to see underoath since i was in like grade 9! last time they came i got free tickets but coudlnt go =(

Watch for me in the pitttt yooooooooo hahaha.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast