Quantcast
new direction for workout - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: new direction for workout

there is no way to squat properly with your shins perpendicular. The knees have to move forward. With a low bar position, the knees extend just past the toes, more if you're using high bar.

A proper squat shouldn't cause any knee discomfort. Is your stance wide enough, are your feet pointed out at ~30 degrees? And are your knees tracking over your toes?
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by lint
    there is no way to squat properly with your shins perpendicular. The knees have to move forward. With a low bar position, the knees extend just past the toes, more if you're using high bar.

Perhaps true. But Louie Simmons would have something to say about that.

I agree with you for the most part, however I have poor hip flexion and ankle mobility which cause me to lean slightly more forward than I should. This causes my knees to be less than perpendicular.

However, I'm rectifying the situation with Eric Cressy and Mike Robertson's Magnificent Mobility DVD.

It's made a HUGE difference in my back already. Working on the hips.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

its not a knee problem because of the squats its injuries from sports that leaves them feeling sore no matter what, if i don't push myself too hard they seem good, i guess i am more worried about injuring my knee causing more problems

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by civicrider
    its not a knee problem because of the squats its injuries from sports that leaves them feeling sore no matter what, if i don't push myself too hard they seem good, i guess i am more worried about injuring my knee causing more problems
    Yes. Mine were from being to heavy all my life. Playing 5 years of football killed them.

So yeah, I know what it's like. I'm still 225 pounds haha.

If you're really interested in being pro-active and STAYING injury free, Check out Mike Robertson's "Bulletproof Knees"

You'll be glad you did!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3