Quantcast
Red Bull Racing video - 2008 vs 2009 regulations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Red Bull Racing video - 2008 vs 2009 regulations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,628
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Red Bull Racing video - 2008 vs 2009 regulations

    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    C/AB
    My Ride
    AP1 / CRV
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    slicks are back

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I've never watched F1, and i know it has a great fan base, but it was never really something that caught my eye.

    But from what i heard, the new rules take off traction control and all the electronic goodies. And that might have been one of the reasons i never bothered following it, it just seemed simple. Seeing this video and knowing the drivers will need much more skill, i will for sure try to jump into the F1 world and watch.

    I'm sure it'll be great. Any tips would be nice, when things start, what channels, etc. or just link me. Excited

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    My Ride
    2015 VW GTI
    Posts
    3,716
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    ^^ With or without traction control these guys are some of the best drivers in the world.


    Awesome vid Rage.. I seriously can't wait to see KERS in action.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    ___________________________
    My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Even F1 cars are going hybrid haha. Slicks should make rain races interesting. I have no idea where Red Bull gets all of it's capital, the market seems saturated with energy drinks and most red bull drinkers seem to drink it only on occasion yet they seem to have the hands in every exciting sport imaginable.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

    Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

    Red Deer, AB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,628
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally posted by torob
    I've never watched F1, and i know it has a great fan base, but it was never really something that caught my eye.

    But from what i heard, the new rules take off traction control and all the electronic goodies. And that might have been one of the reasons i never bothered following it, it just seemed simple. Seeing this video and knowing the drivers will need much more skill, i will for sure try to jump into the F1 world and watch.

    I'm sure it'll be great. Any tips would be nice, when things start, what channels, etc. or just link me. Excited
    TC went away last year, and it was one of the best years of racing in quite some time. Although by the middle of the year, teams have figured out workarounds (revised engine maps) that allowed for improved traction similar to TC. Lucky for us, it rained a lot, where no engine mapping can save you... the Ferraris spun around 10 times during the British GP in the race alone.

    TSN and SpeedTV covers F1 for us in Canada. Pre-Race usually starts at 5:30am, and 6am race start. If you're hardcore, you can watch Friday practice as well as Qualifying, both of which is broadcast on SpeedTV (TSN only covers qualifying and race).

    There are a couple of non standard times for non euro races. The first 3 races this year (Austrailia, Malaysia, China) starts Sat. night for us due to TZ differences (11pm, 2am and 12am I think) and the last 3 races (Japan, Brazil Abu Dhabi) will be 10pm Sat, 10am Sunday, and 5am Sunday.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by rage2

    TC went away last year, and it was one of the best years of racing in quite some time. Although by the middle of the year, teams have figured out workarounds (revised engine maps) that allowed for improved traction similar to TC. Lucky for us, it rained a lot, where no engine mapping can save you... the Ferraris spun around 10 times during the British GP in the race alone.

    TSN and SpeedTV covers F1 for us in Canada. Pre-Race usually starts at 5:30am, and 6am race start. If you're hardcore, you can watch Friday practice as well as Qualifying, both of which is broadcast on SpeedTV (TSN only covers qualifying and race).

    There are a couple of non standard times for non euro races. The first 3 races this year (Austrailia, Malaysia, China) starts Sat. night for us due to TZ differences (11pm, 2am and 12am I think) and the last 3 races (Japan, Brazil Abu Dhabi) will be 10pm Sat, 10am Sunday, and 5am Sunday.
    Great info, will make sure i tune in!
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I have no idea where Red Bull gets all of it's capital, the market seems saturated with energy drinks and most red bull drinkers seem to drink it only on occasion yet they seem to have the hands in every exciting sport imaginable.
    Redbull is the standard energy drink in most clubs, and you can pay up to $5 for a can. It all adds up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    My Ride
    2015 VW GTI
    Posts
    3,716
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by rage2

    There are a couple of non standard times for non euro races. The first 3 races this year (Austrailia, Malaysia, China) starts Sat. night for us due to TZ differences (11pm, 2am and 12am I think) and the last 3 races (Japan, Brazil Abu Dhabi) will be 10pm Sat, 10am Sunday, and 5am Sunday.
    I see the schedule has be switched up this year... Is the Abu Dhabi a new stop? or brought back from past years?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by DJ Lazy


    I see the schedule has be switched up this year... Is the Abu Dhabi a new stop? or brought back from past years?
    From what i saw, its a new circuit built in UAE gonna be used.
    But What do i know..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Carolina
    My Ride
    GMC Acadia
    Posts
    1,849
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by DJ Lazy
    I see the schedule has be switched up this year... Is the Abu Dhabi a new stop? or brought back from past years?
    Abu Dhabi is a brand-new circuit.

    Yas Marina circuit:
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    City:Calgary State:Omnipresent
    My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    When you said redbull racing I thought you meant this ...








  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,863
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by iceburns288

    Abu Dhabi is a brand-new circuit.

    Yas Marina circuit:
    That looks awesome.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MooooooO
    My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon
    Posts
    2,119
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    What does KERS stand for?
    Kinetic Energy Racing System?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    My Ride
    2015 VW GTI
    Posts
    3,716
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by HiSpec
    What does KERS stand for?
    Kinetic Energy Racing System?
    Kinetic Energy Recovery System

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    TL
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I can't say that I have been a life long F1 fan, but certainly over the last 3 years I have started to watch it much more. Mainly because the races start right around the time my son (and now my daughter) decide to wake up. Great excitement during the past year.

    Will be excited to watch this year, especially after watching this video.
    Last edited by Oz-; 02-16-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. TSX 2009 vs. Accord 2009 vs. Mazda 6 2009

    By cricks11 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 03-09-2009, 09:56 PM
  2. Red Bull Racing RB5 Launch

    By rage2 in forum Formula 1
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 02-11-2009, 11:37 AM
  3. WTT: 2009 Toyota Matrix for 2008-2009 Subaru Impreza

    By TL-TypeS in forum Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
  4. red bull chick with her mini!!!

    By bart in forum Misc. Gallery
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 08-19-2004, 11:39 PM
  5. Red Bull Energy Drink

    By Toms-Celica in forum General
    Replies: 52
    Latest Threads: 12-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •