Quantcast
Red Bull Racing video - 2008 vs 2009 regulations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Red Bull Racing video - 2008 vs 2009 regulations

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Red Bull Racing video - 2008 vs 2009 regulations

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

slicks are back

I've never watched F1, and i know it has a great fan base, but it was never really something that caught my eye.

But from what i heard, the new rules take off traction control and all the electronic goodies. And that might have been one of the reasons i never bothered following it, it just seemed simple. Seeing this video and knowing the drivers will need much more skill, i will for sure try to jump into the F1 world and watch.

I'm sure it'll be great. Any tips would be nice, when things start, what channels, etc. or just link me. Excited

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

^^ With or without traction control these guys are some of the best drivers in the world.

Awesome vid Rage.. I seriously can't wait to see KERS in action.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Even F1 cars are going hybrid haha. Slicks should make rain races interesting. I have no idea where Red Bull gets all of it's capital, the market seems saturated with energy drinks and most red bull drinkers seem to drink it only on occasion yet they seem to have the hands in every exciting sport imaginable.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by torob
    I've never watched F1, and i know it has a great fan base, but it was never really something that caught my eye.

But from what i heard, the new rules take off traction control and all the electronic goodies. And that might have been one of the reasons i never bothered following it, it just seemed simple. Seeing this video and knowing the drivers will need much more skill, i will for sure try to jump into the F1 world and watch.

I'm sure it'll be great. Any tips would be nice, when things start, what channels, etc. or just link me. Excited
    TC went away last year, and it was one of the best years of racing in quite some time. Although by the middle of the year, teams have figured out workarounds (revised engine maps) that allowed for improved traction similar to TC. Lucky for us, it rained a lot, where no engine mapping can save you... the Ferraris spun around 10 times during the British GP in the race alone.

TSN and SpeedTV covers F1 for us in Canada. Pre-Race usually starts at 5:30am, and 6am race start. If you're hardcore, you can watch Friday practice as well as Qualifying, both of which is broadcast on SpeedTV (TSN only covers qualifying and race).

There are a couple of non standard times for non euro races. The first 3 races this year (Austrailia, Malaysia, China) starts Sat. night for us due to TZ differences (11pm, 2am and 12am I think) and the last 3 races (Japan, Brazil Abu Dhabi) will be 10pm Sat, 10am Sunday, and 5am Sunday.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

TC went away last year, and it was one of the best years of racing in quite some time. Although by the middle of the year, teams have figured out workarounds (revised engine maps) that allowed for improved traction similar to TC. Lucky for us, it rained a lot, where no engine mapping can save you... the Ferraris spun around 10 times during the British GP in the race alone.

TSN and SpeedTV covers F1 for us in Canada. Pre-Race usually starts at 5:30am, and 6am race start. If you're hardcore, you can watch Friday practice as well as Qualifying, both of which is broadcast on SpeedTV (TSN only covers qualifying and race).

There are a couple of non standard times for non euro races. The first 3 races this year (Austrailia, Malaysia, China) starts Sat. night for us due to TZ differences (11pm, 2am and 12am I think) and the last 3 races (Japan, Brazil Abu Dhabi) will be 10pm Sat, 10am Sunday, and 5am Sunday.
    Great info, will make sure i tune in!
    Thanks

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I have no idea where Red Bull gets all of it's capital, the market seems saturated with energy drinks and most red bull drinkers seem to drink it only on occasion yet they seem to have the hands in every exciting sport imaginable.
    Redbull is the standard energy drink in most clubs, and you can pay up to $5 for a can. It all adds up.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by rage2

I see the schedule has be switched up this year... Is the Abu Dhabi a new stop? or brought back from past years?

Originally posted by DJ Lazy

I see the schedule has be switched up this year... Is the Abu Dhabi a new stop? or brought back from past years?
    From what i saw, its a new circuit built in UAE gonna be used.
    But What do i know..

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
    Abu Dhabi is a brand-new circuit.

Yas Marina circuit:
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

When you said redbull racing I thought you meant this ...

Originally posted by iceburns288

Abu Dhabi is a brand-new circuit.

Yas Marina circuit:
    That looks awesome.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

What does KERS stand for?
    Kinetic Energy Racing System?

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by HiSpec
    What does KERS stand for?
    Kinetic Energy Racing System?
    Kinetic Energy Recovery System

My Ride
    TL

I can't say that I have been a life long F1 fan, but certainly over the last 3 years I have started to watch it much more. Mainly because the races start right around the time my son (and now my daughter) decide to wake up. Great excitement during the past year.

Will be excited to watch this year, especially after watching this video.
    Last edited by Oz-; 02-16-2009 at 08:42 AM.