Quantcast
Why you should always secure your load properly!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why you should always secure your load properly!!

My Ride
    Mazda S4 Turbo

Default Why you should always secure your load properly!!

far out this was one lucky guy, i heard he was ok in the end!!

found on this forum: from here at this Link

amazing!!

omfg... that is scary... im a trucker and always double check the straps on the load twice before leaving.

WOW lucky guy... like... 2 inches from death

thought this thread was going to be like a fridge or something sitting on deerfoot

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

whoa
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Default Re: Why you should always secure your load properly!!

Originally posted by mattyp123
    Why you should always secure your load properly!!
    that's what she said

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

She did say that and now my GF is prego!!!!

ZING!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride

wow, that guy is one luck SOB

wow glad to hear he survived thats crazy

My Ride
    V167

Holy shartasaurus

My Ride
    89 Chevy Silverado

hmmm, improperly secured load + no headache rack = stupid IMO. When hauling deck you are required to have a headache rack on the truck for instances like this. There was a local around here 2-3 years ago that died from an accident like that. just plain ignorance.
    **Team Flat Broke Racing**

89 Chevy C1500 "Prostreet" PT106 Turbo explains it all...
    02 Hyundai Accent - Turbocharged
    89 Dodge Daytona Turbo - Stock but not for long
    95 Chevy S10 - 5.3L T-56 Swap in progress
    94 Firebird T/A - bolton's
    94 Camaro Vert - 150shot

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

HOLY FUCK
    glad the guy survived!

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by Justin_Inc
    hmmm, improperly secured load + no headache rack = stupid IMO. When hauling deck you are required to have a headache rack on the truck for instances like this. There was a local around here 2-3 years ago that died from an accident like that. just plain ignorance.
    It isn't a law everywhere, in BC you see truckers hauling drill pipe all the time with no headache rack. These pictures are one reason I am glad I don't pull a deck.LOL Shit like that scares the hell out of me.

lucky . . .

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Dumb question, but how would a headache rack prevent this, would it deflect the load up and away from the cab?

at least he has protective footwear

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

holy shit!

Originally posted by revelations
    Dumb question, but how would a headache rack prevent this, would it deflect the load up and away from the cab?

It would at least slow down the load if and when it did launch forwards... As a truck driver myself hauling rail road ties I always have the fear of this happening. Ya can never check your load enough when you got these especially when you have the drivers out there that think its fun to slam on their brakes in front of a big rig.

Originally posted by johnboy27

It isn't a law everywhere, in BC you see truckers hauling drill pipe all the time with no headache rack. These pictures are one reason I am glad I don't pull a deck.LOL Shit like that scares the hell out of me.
    Sucks that it happen , glad he is ok and all , but Johnboy needs to be up today on laws before he decides to pull deck . if ever!

The Legal Requirements

The regulations in B.C. (section 35.13 of the Motor Vehicle Act, Front-end Structures) are very similar to those in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, section 393.106. The rules apply to either cab guards or trailer bulkheads. To paraphrase the requirements:

Height and Width - the front-end structure must stand at least 1.2 m above the floor of the vehicle or to a height that blocks any forward movement of the cargo. It must be equal to the width of the vehicle or wide enough to prevent any forward movement of the cargo being transported. It must be able to withstand a horizontal forward static load equal to 1/2 of the weight of the cargo being transported over the entire portion of the structure that's within 1.2 m of the floor of the vehicle.

For a cab guard that's 1.8 m or higher, the structure must be capable of withstanding 40% of the weight of the cargo.

Penetration Resistance - it must be capable of resisting penetration of any piece of cargo that contacts it when the vehicle decelerates at a rate of 20 ft/sec. The structure cannot have an aperture large enough to permit any item of cargo to pass through it.

The B.C. requirements also state that the device shall be marked with the name and address of the manufacturer, its model and serial number, as well as its rated capacity in terms of the cargo weight that can be transported.

In order to be certified to the American standards, the device must bear a stamp or plate from the manufacturer stating that it's been tested by a lab to the required standards.

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by chimeraxp

Sucks that it happen , glad he is ok and all , but Johnboy needs to be up today on laws before he decides to pull deck . if ever!

The Legal Requirements

The regulations in B.C. (section 35.13 of the Motor Vehicle Act, Front-end Structures) are very similar to those in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, section 393.106. The rules apply to either cab guards or trailer bulkheads. To paraphrase the requirements:

Height and Width - the front-end structure must stand at least 1.2 m above the floor of the vehicle or to a height that blocks any forward movement of the cargo. It must be equal to the width of the vehicle or wide enough to prevent any forward movement of the cargo being transported. It must be able to withstand a horizontal forward static load equal to 1/2 of the weight of the cargo being transported over the entire portion of the structure that's within 1.2 m of the floor of the vehicle.

For a cab guard that's 1.8 m or higher, the structure must be capable of withstanding 40% of the weight of the cargo.

Penetration Resistance - it must be capable of resisting penetration of any piece of cargo that contacts it when the vehicle decelerates at a rate of 20 ft/sec. The structure cannot have an aperture large enough to permit any item of cargo to pass through it.

The B.C. requirements also state that the device shall be marked with the name and address of the manufacturer, its model and serial number, as well as its rated capacity in terms of the cargo weight that can be transported.

In order to be certified to the American standards, the device must bear a stamp or plate from the manufacturer stating that it's been tested by a lab to the required standards.
    Well aparently I was misinformed. Thanks for the info. My job does not require me too run deck so I haven't really brushed up on all the regs. It's funny though necause I have seen numerous trucks hauling drill pipe without headache racks or any other protection in the Pouce Coupe and Dawson Creek area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast