Quantcast
Chris Brown Arrested After Alleged Rihanna Assault: Charged! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown Arrested After Alleged Rihanna Assault: Charged!

Default Chris Brown Arrested After Alleged Rihanna Assault

Chris Brown Arrested After Alleged Rihanna Assault

Sun., Feb. 8, 2009 9:05 PM PST by Marcus Errico
    Rihanna, Chris Brown Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Grammy day was supposed to be a glittery affair for R&B's reigning It couple, Chris Brown and Rihanna. But things went horribly amiss.

About the time Brown was scheduled to be singing "Forever" onstage at Los Angeles' Staples Center, he was instead detained by police, being questioned for allegedly roughing up Rihanna.

Brown, 19, turned himself in at the LAPD's Wilshire station around 6:30 p.m. and was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats, a charge that carries a maximum penalty of four years. The case will now be sent to the district attorney's office and further charges could be filed. He was released from jail after posting $50,000 bail.

"He was very professional and didn't appear to have injuries," said Sgt. Bridget Pickett, adding, "He's a good looking young man."

While Brown appeared unscathed, sources tell E! News that the alleged victim was Rihanna, 20, and that she suffered visible bruises on her face during an early morning confrontation. Both in turn nixed scheduled Grammy appearances.

A spokeswoman for Brown's label declined comment and calls to his attorney, Mark Geragos, weren't immediately returned.

Despite sources saying that Rihanna had been hospitalized, her publicist, Amanda Silverman, said the "Disturbia" singer "is well. Thank you for concern and support."

Per department policy, police declined to identify the alleged victim in the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. in the Hancock Park area, apparently as the two were heading home from Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy bash, where they had been all smiles.

In a statement, police say Brown and his companion "became involved in an argument. After stopping his car, Brown and the woman got out and the argument escalated. The woman suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker."

By the time officers arrived on the scene, Brown had split.

Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, decided against singing a medley of "Disturbia" and "Live Your Life" at tonight's awards. Likewise, Brown scrapped his scheduled performance of "Forever."

"We're sorry she is unable to join us this evening," said the Recording Academy. A virtually identical statement was issued for Brown's absence.

Brown and Rihanna were up for dueling Pop Collaboration With Vocals awards, Brown for his duet with Jordin Sparks on "No Air," Rihanna with Maroon 5 for "If I Never See Your Face Again." Brown was also contending for Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Take You Down." Neither Brown nor Rihanna won anything.

After the ceremony, Recording Academy President Neil Portnow told E! News that he first learned of the situation "pretty late in the afternoon," about three hours before showtime.

"Musicians are no different than anybody else. I'm not judging. I'm sorriest that they weren't there for their moments on stage," he said, adding that he's never had to deal with replacing two segments at the last minute.

"I'm hoping that [the awards are] the story and should not be eclipsed by this part of business," Portnow said. "I think the story is...the music that went on stage."

Backstage, Anthony Hamilton, winner of the Traditional R&B Vocal Grammy with Al Green, said his pal was pressed into emergency service "about an hour and a half before the preshow."

Green crooned "Let's Stay Together" with assists from Justin Timberlake, Keith Urban and Boyz II Men.

Asked if old-pro Green really was able to take the stage on such short notice, Hamilton suggested the R&B icon was practicing last night.

Said Hamilton, "He knew something could happen."

link

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

All reports I have read have not confirmed it was Rihanna that was involved in this incident...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    All reports I have read have not confirmed it was Rihanna that was involved in this incident...
    Thanks Jay Z...

lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's pretty much confirmed without actually being confirmed at this point. There's no confirmation because LAPD doesn't report victim's identities.

They were seen leaving together before the incident. Rhianna's rep says she was in a car incident. Chris Brown beat up a female passenger in his car.

I had no clue who Chris Brown was till I read about this drama last night haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

read this in USA today and it didn't even mention Rihanna's name, but everything points at it being her.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by benyl

Thanks Jay Z...

lol

you are quite welcome...
    ...@therealarifjina...

I was wondering why they didnt perform at the grammys.

lol so this is a lie?

Originally posted by GQBalla
    lol so this is a lie?
    unsure... nothing's been "confirmed" yet but most of the articles i've seen makes it sound like chris brown did assault rihanna

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Wait, so the Grammy's were on?

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Wait, so the Grammy's were on?
    +1

If she needs a nice young white boy for a rebound somebody point her over here.

EDIT: I just remembered I'm like 5 years older than her.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by rage2

They were seen leaving together before the incident. Rhianna's rep says she was in a car incident. Chris Brown beat up a female passenger in his car.
    Hahah I am picturing Rhianna driving and getting beat up by Chris Brown resulting in a car accident
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mibz
    +1

If she needs a nice young white boy for a rebound somebody point her over here.

EDIT: I just remembered I'm like 5 years older than her.
    Yo, it's Hollywood. That doesn't matter!

My Ride
    66 Accord

rihanna should go to jail for 4 years for being so damn irritating on my radio's

My Ride
    CBR600RR

^ on your radio's what?
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Chris Brown = The New Bobby Brown

My Ride
    66 Accord

Originally posted by Eleanor
    ^ on your radio's what?
    :P frequency

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Ajay
    Chris Brown = The New Bobby Brown

Hahaha when i first saw the title, i thought Bobby Brown. Dammn that motherfucker is back at his old tricks eh?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    has a stick axle

All this black on black violence is making me sick.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by rage2
    I had no clue who Chris Brown was till I read about this drama last night haha.
    ha +1, first thing that came to mind was some celebrity caucasian, i'm not one to keep track on celebrity gossip

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast