Quantcast
How much more expensive is Contemp. Coachworks than other shops? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Is contemp. Coachworks much more expensive than other shops of comparable quality?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 83.33%
  • No

3 16.67%

Thread: How much more expensive is Contemp. Coachworks than other shops?

Default How much more expensive is Contemp. Coachworks than other shops?

Recent, I was involved in an accident (not my fault). The original estimate was about $10,000 (parts and labour, about half and half), but a later estimate of the frame, etc. put it at about $21,000. So, the vehicle is basically a write off. Of the $21,000, about half of that is labor and half is parts. I was wondering therefore, would other body shops be cheaper?

check out National Collision, my car was in an accident a couple weeks ago and they have been taking care of me.

awesome shop

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Probably pretty close when at the appraisal phase. You're the first person I know that doesn't want his car written off. I would never want to keep a car that has that much damage (especially structural), it'd never be the same again.

BTW - there's really only 2 or 3 other shops in town that I would compare work quality to Contemporary Coachworks, so the poll is going to be pretty meaningless .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I can repair your car for $12,500. Let me know?

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by rage2
    BTW - there's really only 2 or 3 other shops in town that I would compare work quality to Contemporary Coachworks, so the poll is going to be pretty meaningless .
    Maranellos is one.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    00 Civic Si

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I dont think contemp is any more expensive than the others, I have had two cars repaired there and they both came out excellent. Shop rate is your average 65/hour, 75 for certain makes (ie. Lexus).

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

If the accident wasn't your fault and it is going through insurance, why care about the dollar amount? Go for the shop with the best work, and I'm sure most people on this site will vouch for comtemporary coach works.

PS. Get the write off if you can

Originally posted by rumeo
    If the accident wasn't your fault and it is going through insurance, why care about the dollar amount? Go for the shop with the best work, and I'm sure most people on this site will vouch for comtemporary coach works.

PS. Get the write off if you can
    no the fact is...I don't really think the accident made all that much damage. I don't think that it should cost 20,000$ to repair a vehicle that only costs marginally more to buy, fully assembled from the factory, brand new. Especially since most of the vehicle is intact...

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

^^Than get it written off. Don't insurance companies write cars off if the damage is worth more than 50% of the value of the car? If it only costs a bit more to buy it, than just tell the insurance company to write it off and just buy yourself a new car, you don't want a car with $20000 worth of damage anyways unless the car is modded to the tits or something and your insurance company isn't paying for your mods.

Now if it was $20000 damage on a $100000 car, yeah keep it, but than again, if you have a $100k car, take it to the best shop out there, Contemporary or Maranello, you don't want to take it to a cheap shop and have them fuck it up.

Damage can be expensive, my car when it got hit only had the front door slightly damaged (small dent), rear quarter panel and rear door. Even than, its $5500 worth of damage. If your car has front end damage, that cost can go much higher easily. What do you drive and what happened to the car anyways?

but the fact is, you can't buy the same vehicle (same year, options, etc) with the same mileage, for the amount the insurance wants to give me. It would be another 2,000 or so to find something that is comparable.

contemporary coach works Is AWESOME fast and good quality work. got my car fixed up when it got broken into!!