Quantcast
Dinan Stage 3 for 335 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dinan Stage 3 for 335

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Default Dinan Stage 3 for 335

I don't know if that is an official name for it or just the dealership lumping all the Dinan stuff together in one package and calling it that, but anyway...

I am wondering if anyone else has done all this and if the price seems decent.

Edmonton BMW lists the Dinan stage 3 package as:

- boost upgrade
    - upgraded oil cooler
    - front mount intercooler
    - dinan cat back exhaust
    - dinan suspension

and maybe one more thing... I can't remember exactly....

Price is listed at $16,087 installed.

Right now they are offering the full package for 10k installed. Sound like a good deal? Anyone know what the Calgary dealers are charging for it? A buddy of mine is thinking about booking his car in next week for it.

That's a lot of money. There are better options IMO.

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Well stage 2 will get you 384hp and 421lb-ft torque without having to buy the intercooler, or the exhaust. You will just need to get the oil cooler since the 2007 don't come with them. I'm not sure if you need to upgrade the oil cooler if you have an '08? This will run you $1,999 and is a huge step up from 300hp.

I believe stage 3 gets you 398hp and 430lb-ft torque. So the stage 2 is a better bang for your buck.

Stage 3 suspension, engine tune, exhaust, intercooler and performance oil cooler is about 12k according to Dinan. Don't know where you are getting the 16k price tag but at 10k i guess it is a bit of a deal?

When i get my 335i i am just planing on doing stage 2 and going with another option for suspension and i might upgrade the intercooler and exhaust later down the road.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by dimi
    That's a lot of money. There are better options IMO.
    And what would you do? Instead of just saying better options, why don't you list them? People are retarded.

Good way to think it out Funk - Dinan is expensive, yes, but it keeps your warranty. And 384HP is nothing to sneeze at. 335i's have an amazing look and are HOT.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by scat19

Good way to think it out Funk - Dinan is expensive, yes, but it keeps your warranty. And 384HP is nothing to sneeze at. 335i's have an amazing look and are HOT.
    It does not keep your warranty. It voids your BMW warranty and Dinan picks it up. There is a difference.

My Ride
    Grimace

The pricing does seem quite fair, if you glance on the dinan website the S2 package seems similar, it is $10400us.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 03:55 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by funkedelic2
    Well stage 2 will get you 384hp and 421lb-ft torque without having to buy the intercooler, or the exhaust. You will just need to get the oil cooler since the 2007 don't come with them. I'm not sure if you need to upgrade the oil cooler if you have an '08? This will run you $1,999 and is a huge step up from 300hp.

I believe stage 3 gets you 398hp and 430lb-ft torque. So the stage 2 is a better bang for your buck.

Stage 3 suspension, engine tune, exhaust, intercooler and performance oil cooler is about 12k according to Dinan. Don't know where you are getting the 16k price tag but at 10k i guess it is a bit of a deal?

When i get my 335i i am just planing on doing stage 2 and going with another option for suspension and i might upgrade the intercooler and exhaust later down the road.
    Yeah, 398hp and 429tq is what they claim.

The 16k is installed (I assume the 12k from Dinan is not...) so maybe the 10k isn't that bad.

I just talked to him and it is booked in for the 25th. I am already jealous of his engine and this is only going to make it worse.

I'm with you though, for the money I would probably just get the boost upgrade and leave the rest. $2200 for just that is good bang for the buck imo.

Default Re: Dinan Stage 3 for 335

That is a great upgrade for 10k.. someone I know went a slightly different route and did the Dinan Stage 2 power upgrade + oil cooler and then went with a different brand of exhaust and upgraded the suspension non-dinan and added the front Brembo GranTurismo brake kit, which worked out to close to 10k installedl.

IMO the brakes are a great upgrade to consider (either Dinan or not) as the factory BMW ones are a bit weaksauce. The Dinan suspension upgrade is fanastic, but I've heard their exhaust system is not as good as some of the better systems out there.

Originally posted by blownz
    I don't know if that is an official name for it or just the dealership lumping all the Dinan stuff together in one package and calling it that, but anyway...

I am wondering if anyone else has done all this and if the price seems decent.

Edmonton BMW lists the Dinan stage 3 package as:

- boost upgrade
    - upgraded oil cooler
    - front mount intercooler
    - dinan cat back exhaust
    - dinan suspension

and maybe one more thing... I can't remember exactly....

Price is listed at $16,087 installed.

Right now they are offering the full package for 10k installed. Sound like a good deal? Anyone know what the Calgary dealers are charging for it? A buddy of mine is thinking about booking his car in next week for it.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

good deal but i'd be careful, I saw a few thread on a cpl 335 websites where Dinan wasn't covering something under warranty after it broke...buyer beware I guess

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by benyl

It does not keep your warranty. It voids your BMW warranty and Dinan picks it up. There is a difference.
    Good point, but I thought it was similar enough so the buyer was still protected? That was the plus for Dinan.

My Ride
    07 E92 335i

As an FYI, all 07 335i's that have a build date after May will have the oil cooler. It is only the ones with a build date before that that don't.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    BMW, should buy Toyota

Default no issues

You will never have any issues with DINAN for warranty...I am living proof of this

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Default Re: no issues

Originally posted by gram
    You will never have any issues with DINAN for warranty...I am living proof of this
    so because one person didn't no one else will?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Re: no issues

Originally posted by gram
    I have seen plenty of posts on E90post where people have had problems. For one guy, Steve Dinan himself had to call the dude to calm him down.

Default Re: Re: no issues

When Steve Dinan came to Calgary BMW, with all of the management there, he said there have been no real issues, and it seems credible to me. At least in Calgary, they have been great about warranty issues.. and my experience in Northern California (where Dinan is located) was always great with Dinan as well. Its expensive but it seems that they stand behind their products.. my personal experience and experience of people I know and trust has alway been positive.

Originally posted by benyl

I have seen plenty of posts on E90post where people have had problems. For one guy, Steve Dinan himself had to call the dude to calm him down.