Quantcast
Got in a little accident need suggestions - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got in a little accident need suggestions

why the jealously of "daddy bought your car" from all the haters?

as much as i hate jdm punks, i hate the jealous northeasters who hate on anyone who has a car nicer than their step-dads 1998 F150.

OP, i still think your at fault but dont deserve all the hate.

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Show me a pic of the damage.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I don't get what all the hate is about...FUCKING BEYOND bandwagon.

Ya its your fault, but you should make sure you cover all your options like you are currently doing. I had a similar experience, but with a older 1982 bronco and there was hardly any damage and in the end he wanted $2000 to fix the hatch on his car and I refused. When I said I would go through insurance they said they would write-off his car and my deductible on my work truck was only $1000. In the end I paid him 500 and called it a day.

See if you can cut back the rental or reschedule the body shop.

Originally posted by cjay^

Not really the point I am trying to make here, if he was out big luxurious car for the 6 days it would be fine, but the problem I am having is paying the extra $150 so he can get a fancy car,
    I was kind of hearing what cjay was saying to a point until I read this. You cheap bastard, just pay the extra $150 and be done with it.

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Originally posted by anaconda28

I was kind of hearing what cjay was saying to a point until I read this. You cheap bastard, just pay the extra $150 and be done with it.
    Lol, if you read one of my previous posts you will find how I respond to being called cheap.

Also look at it from another perspective. Not only did he intentionally (I am 90% sure of this) book the car on a day that he would need the car for an additional 2 days because of the weekend, he wants a car way nice than he is entitled to. This adds up to about an extra $250, and for an accident that COULD only end up costing around $1000 even, it now costs $1250, or 25% more than before. 25% is a pretty big amount all things considered.

I love how all the people that try and hate are the people with 0.01 posts per day or similar. Good to see you are making good contributions to the forum.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Just pay and let it be done with. Less stress later on

Also look at it from another perspective. Not only did he intentionally (I am 90% sure of this) book the car on a day that he would need the car for an additional 2 days because of the weekend, he wants a car way nice than he is entitled to. This adds up to about an extra $250, and for an accident that COULD only end up costing around $1000 even, it now costs $1250, or 25% more than before. 25% is a pretty big amount all things considered.

I love how all the people that try and hate are the people with 0.01 posts per day or similar. Good to see you are making good contributions to the forum.
    I realize your not happy because you feel like you are being nickle n dimed, but the truth is you are at fault almost no matter what because you rear ended him.

You asked for everyones help and advice and they are giving it to you. What everyone is basically trying to tell you is just suck it up and pay, or go through insurance because unfortunately for you it is about the only 2 options you have.

Your also looking at it with a bit of a shallow perspective. Your complaining he booked it on such and such a day meaning you have to pay 2 extra days etc.

First I highly doubt he deliberately booked it like this, it was most likely the body shop, and second. You have to realize this is an inconvenience for this guy as well, and his time for dropping his car at the shop, picking it up and any other fucking around he might have to do, etc. is worth something to. Nobody's time is free, I'm sure he has other things he would rather be doing with his day.

Maybe he is just an asshole trying to get as much as he can from you, I don't know but your probably better off just paying and learning from it.

BTW, I was in an accident just like the one you described years ago and I learned from it. The guy stopped for no reason in a merge and I just tapped his bumper, him and his mom tried to claim whiplash etc etc.

Anyways, regardless it was still my fault, and I learned to be more careful, I am sure you'll do the same.
    Last edited by Deville; 02-16-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Lol, if you read one of my previous posts you will find how I respond to being called cheap.
    Yeah, you respond like a douchebag, which is why you're not getting much support.

Regardless of whether or not you think he's doing it deliberately or whether or not you feel he's entitled to a certain car, the extra 25% is nothing compared to the X% insurance increase every year (on all your cars) and that this guy, even though you feel he's taking advantage of you, is doing you a big favor by settling outside insurance, and that he'd rather not be driving a rental, even if it is a step up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2