Quantcast
Mercedes unveils 2010 E-Class Coupe - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes unveils 2010 E-Class Coupe

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by Taglane
    Could it be that the rear windows may roll down?
    Rear windows on CL's roll down yet no small piece of glass. I'm sure there is a reason they HAD to put that piece there...

Totally agree with TorqueDog that the trunk is not long enough. Needs a little bit longer trunk to balance the look out.

Meh whatever...it's not like I am a potential customer anyways

I've seen the E sedan in person and the photos do the car no justice at all.

I havent seen the coupe yet but I am sure it will be sweet in person too.

the new 4 door is even sicker
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

Default Auction

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    GTI

I just saw an E550 coupe in Glenmore landing, pictures don't do this car justice, one of the nicest cars I've seen in a long time.

I'll put up a spotted thread if I can find the cable to for phone.

Nice fucking car.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Hakkola
    I just saw an E550 coupe in Glenmore landing, pictures don't do this car justice, one of the nicest cars I've seen in a long time.

I'll put up a spotted thread if I can find the cable to for phone.

Nice fucking car.
    I saw like 3 E350 coupe this week. It's not as hurting as seen in the press photos but I still think A5/S5 is much cleaner.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Saw this in person at the dealership @ luxury lane.

It's pretty hott! Not a fan of copying porsche with the led lights on the front bumper, however.

I guess Mercedes likes Audi's new interior design so much they couldn't help but bring a lot of it's aspects over!

The exterior is a vast improvement though... way more modern. But I couldn't get it as I have too much hair on my head.

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by Kamen
    I think this will be one of those cars that will look better in person. And preferably a darker color.
    I agree - not too sure about it yet....

It has one huge negative for me, though. Only comes with a bitch box??? Pah!

My Ride
    GTI

Yeah, I saw it in black with AMG wheels, the rear lights look so much better when they're on.

Originally posted by Wrinkly

It has one huge negative for me, though. Only comes with a bitch box??? Pah!
    Almost all MB cars are auto, where have you been? Benz auto is one of the best and are better than standard transmissions these days.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Though it looks nice, I think it looks too much like most of the other Mercedes. It would be nice to see more variation in designs besides the subtle queues mainly only recognizable by the auto enthusiast. Really the only feature that stands out as any different in this model is the rear fender buldge.

This got me to thinking that BMW does this too - makes most of their models quite similar. I guess when you have such a refined and well known product, where people usually want to own one to be recognized as owning one, you'd want to keep them all somewhat similar, so as to give the owner the gratification that almost all onlookers will realize what he/she is driving.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Yeah, I saw it in black with AMG wheels, the rear lights look so much better when they're on.

Almost all MB cars are auto, where have you been? Benz auto is one of the best and are better than standard transmissions these days.
    Yes I'm quite aware of their 'auto' only policy - guess I was just being optimistic that they might just have seen the error of their ways. It's the main reason I would never look twice at a Mercedes.

It doesn't matter how 'good' or how much 'better/faster' than a standard any automatic box ever is. It just isn't the same IMO. It's just FUN to do it with three pedals and a stick - and for me, that will never change. The bonus of course, is standards are much cheaper to maintain/repair, too. Slush boxes FTL

^^
    Exactly what I was thinking when I was doing my shopping. MB wasn't even in my head due to their lack of any AWD manuals... And Lexus is just confusing. Manual and AWD mutually exclusive on the IS... And manual or AWD on the 250 instead of the 350??! MADNESS!
    Last edited by Pahnda; 08-26-2009 at 05:04 PM.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

It doesn't matter how 'good' or how much 'better/faster' than a standard any automatic box ever is. It just isn't the same IMO. It's just FUN to do it with three pedals and a stick - and for me, that will never change. The bonus of course, is standards are much cheaper to maintain/repair, too. Slush boxes FTL
    I understand that allot of people will like the traditional six-speed stick shift, I think that I am one of them. For the audience that this car is made for an Auto with a good manual paddle option is appropriate - Autos have worked well for Mercedes for 50 years now.

Standards are not cheaper to maintain/repair. Auto boxes traditionally last for the life of the car - Standards you have to do clutch replacement every 100k (expensive), not to mention other problems that you could have like syncros, bearings, flywheels, hydraulic clutch linkages
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    Standards are not cheaper to maintain/repair.
    Sorry but this is

My Ride
    Bicycle

Sorry but this is
    Let me do a few nasty clutch drop on your car.

Both can be reliable in the right hands but it's impossible to destroy a slush box by human error. It's pretty easy with manual.

All the old stereotype of manual is slowly stripped one by one. It's no longer faster. It no longer saves gas. It just give you illusion of control but the fact that 99.99% of the time, a computer can handle it way better.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-26-2009 at 08:16 PM.

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by Xtrema
    It just give you illusion of control but the fact that 99.99% of the time, a computer can handle it way better.
    Fair do's - BUT....for me (and many other manual fans) it's still more "Fun" to drive manual. It's an intangible thing, I guess and very subjective. I recently got to drive an '09 Audi S6 with the Lambo V10 and 'flappy paddle' gearbox. Sure, it was an amazing car, and sure it shifts quickly - but it was still missing something - that third pedal and a stick.

I can also read a book on a computer - but it's not the same as curling up in a chair by the fire with a 'paper' one
    Last edited by Wrinkly; 08-26-2009 at 09:17 PM.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Sorry but this is
    Elaborate, indulge me.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Elaborate, indulge me.
    I'm using my car as an example. (E46 chassis BMW, which is 99-06)

The autos will last around 120-160k before problems start to arise.

This will be in the 2k range for the auto. The clutch being replaced? 300. (600+ if you get a shop). In my series of car, the standard is faster, the standard lasts longer, it's more fun (imo)... and the chicks dig it? haha.

Now, with that said, the "bad driver" aspect should be void because only people that want to drive one, drive a manual.

If you're a good manual driver, you can get 300,000kms out of it. I did on my last bmw!

One more thing - Sure, the DSG computer controlled clutches are faster etc, but we're talking about anything with a "torque converter". That's a shitty bitch box.

I agree, I'd consider a benz if it had a manual option.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by scat19

The autos will last around 120-160k before problems start to arise.

BMW autos for the most part are shit. My 94 E-Class is just starting to have tranny problems now at 290k and I've ridden it pretty hard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast