Quantcast
Samsung TV Broken - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Samsung TV Broken

Unhappy Samsung TV Broken

OK, So i search the forum and couldnt find anything similar. Ive also been looking all over the web for any similar problems with my tv model and couldnt find anything.

I bought the TV back in Nov / 08 from best buy. Samsung 40A530, i love this thing. Anyways, Superbowl weekend the picture scrambles and i get no sound. So i turn the tv off & back on. Now there is no picture and a banish like cry coming from the speakers, the remote wont turn it off so I have to pull the plug from the surge protector.

I tried it a few hours later, same thing, No picture, banish like cry. Call up best buy, they tell me to call Samsung as its within the first year. I call up Samsung, they send the request out to a local company for repairs. Due to the # of repairs, it takes 2 weeks to get them to come out to my place. This company only works monday to fri , 8:30 to 5.

During this 2 weeks, I had the TV unplugged and didnt use it at all. Repair man comes over, plug the TV in & Wowzers, TV works. The repairman explains to me he sees this happen alot, the TV motherboard overheats circuts cross or some crap and thats how this problems happens.

Nothing he can do as he cant see the problem. So this TV is just a time bomb waiting to go off.

Week Later (tonight) come home after my night class, turn on the TV and BAM! Banish like cry.

So I plan to call the repair shop to come pick the TV up and change the motherboard, but Im just wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this.
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

If you can help it, if the sound isn't horibble, leave it in that position until the repair dude comes by so he can see it

Video tape it so he can see it.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

^^^
    Exactly, if you can't get it to duplicate for them it is reasonable for them to say there isn't an issue. Prove to them that there is.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome