Quantcast
Watching F1 in Calgary.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watching F1 in Calgary..

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Default Watching F1 in Calgary..

Any Pubs or bars broadcast F1 races live in Calgary ??
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

rage's place
    I don't think there are since most of the races are in the middle of the night or early morning and there aren't that many F1 fans here. If there was I wouldn't mind checking it out.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

I guest I'll just continue watching the races at home...and continue to educate my wife,who insists on watching the races with me.To her credit,she now understands qualifying and fuel strategy !

My Ride
    MKV GTI

I saw Japan, I think, one year in Schank's... but other then that I watch at home.

My Ride
    See sig

NASCAR is getting a bigger audience, and I often see those races showing at bars and restaurants. Last year I started watching... I actually saw a road race with NASCAR cars, and that's the first time I had ever seen a race in full. Ever since then, and I find myself home on a Sunday I'll usually watch the oval-action.

F1 is still an amazing sport that doesn't get enough credit, much like Rally. Too bad the cigarette manufacturers can't support teams anymore, they brought a lot of sponsorhip and media support to events.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

I watch it at home as most of the races are late at night or early morning

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you guys are up for early morning races live, I'd be more than happy to host at my place. 70" TV, multiple laptops for live timing, and excellent access to breakfast (crowfoot). Plus for the smokers, there's a heated garage.

I watch every race live, and it's definately way more fun to have other F1 fans around during a race.

Night races, I usually have people over for that. Not many takers for the morning ones haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

i always pvr the early morning race. i wake up and watch them live then fall alseep at about lap 3 and wake up right in time to watch the final few laps. later in the day i re watch the rest of the race.

anyone playing f1 on ps3, i know it's old but i'm addicted to it right now

Originally posted by danno
    anyone playing f1 on ps3, i know it's old but i'm addicted to it right now
    Coop and I are anxiously awaiting the '09 game to hit on 360. Can't say I'm thrilled that it's by Codemasters but I don't think that'll stop me from enjoying it anyway.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I play it once in a while... it's pretty much the only PS3 game I play haha.

I've never sucessfully had a good multiplayer race tho. I have horrible lag, prob. cuz most of the players are from europe.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by rage2
    If you guys are up for early morning races live, I'd be more than happy to host at my place. 70" TV, multiple laptops for live timing, and excellent access to breakfast (crowfoot). Plus for the smokers, there's a heated garage.

I watch every race live, and it's definately way more fun to have other F1 fans around during a race.

Night races, I usually have people over for that. Not many takers for the morning ones haha.

I'd be down for that... only because your in the NW as well.. haha

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

i've never tried multiplayer yet, mostly cause i lag to much in every other game i play online. i play on semi pro with all but abs off and finally got my first win at indy, i got 2 more wins later in china and somewhere else. i picked it up off ebay as it's very hard to find here but it's a awsome game and looks amazing. i wish they had it with the night race that happened in 08

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Do you allow Ferrari fans over?? lol or do we have to sit in the garage or pantry with a handheld TV??
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

That would be super.

My Ride
    TL

I would be interested to just be in the atmosphere of watching with other people and hearing commentary.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well seems like there's half decent interest, so if you're in, shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll set up some sort of a mailing list so I can figure out food, drinks, snacks, etc.

And yes, Ferrari fans are allowed. I need someone to pick on (or vice versa if Ferrari does better lol) during the race haha.

I'm up in Arbour Lake if that makes any difference. buh_buh's hardcore, he comes over all the way from Lake Bonavista!

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Well seems like there's half decent interest, so if you're in, shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll set up some sort of a mailing list so I can figure out food, drinks, snacks, etc.

And yes, Ferrari fans are allowed. I need someone to pick on (or vice versa if Ferrari does better lol) during the race haha.

I'm up in Arbour Lake if that makes any difference. buh_buh's hardcore, he comes over all the way from Lake Bonavista!
    Awesome! Add another Ferrari fan to the list... Im a Lake Bonavista crew member as well... may have to get a carpool going....
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

I only do it to antagonize you when McLaren takes it up the chute, although at this point Honda doesn't even have a team.

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    Im a Lake Bonavista crew member as well... may have to get a carpool going....
    I'm coming from Sundance, a carpool might not be a bad idea.

I'm fairly central (West Hillhurst), so a carpool would be good if you're going past this way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast