Quantcast
WASH YOUR HANDS! *Rant* - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WASH YOUR HANDS! *Rant*

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

There's fecal matter all over bathrooms. Don't y'all watch Mythbusters? Psh.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride

I do the paper towel thing on the door as well after washing my hands in the washroom, but as said, its all for naught as there are so many other places we unknowingly pick up germs.

I remember watching a show, I think it was some cbc investigative type, and they were showing how the majority of shopping carts in Canadian grocery stores had not only germs, but fecal matter on them. Think about it, some lady puts her baby up in the seat part in a diaper, the next guy is putting his fucking bread and stuff up there.

If you are germ paranoid, via google these are the worst places to touch.

Playgrounds
    Bus rails/armrests
    Public bathrooms
    Shopping cart handles
    Escalator handrails
    Chair armrests
    Vending machine buttons
    Shared pens (i.e Pens in banks/Dr's Offices etc)
    Public telephones
    Elevator buttons

For all the paranoid germaphobes, think of this.

Do you wash your hands before you touch your dick?

You should...

Wash before and after you go to the washroom.

If you only wash your hands after you pee, think about how many times you pee a day, and how many germs you are adding to your penis every time you touch it.

This is even worse for the ladies, becuase of the possibility of getting outside germs internally.

Germs on your hands wont make you sick. Its touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth and ears) that will get you into trouble. Its also about transferring those germs to others items that then may come in contact with your face.

If your at work and go to the bathroom, and then touch the door on your way out you could pick up fecal matter. Then you come back to your desk and use your mouse keyboard and phone. Then you have lunch at your desk, surf the internet while eating, and your spreading fecal matter all over the place.

On that note, office work stations are supposedly one of the dirtiest place around for that exact reason. A keyboard will have a lot more nastier stuff than the average toilet seat.

You also have to remember that theres a lot more nastier stuff around today than there was 50 years ago. Bacteria, viruses, diseases have all gotten a lot worse. So to say that your parents or grand parents never worried about this stuff and never got sick isnt a fair comparisson.

Originally posted by Genjuro

Alright yes there are other areas that have more bacteria of course... but What comes out of your body? Waste. So your harvesting waste in your underwear and then you touch it and touch other things with more bacteria. there are germs everywhere!!!!!
    yes, but urine is sterile (i.e. no bacteria). it contains urea, which can make you ill if you ingest a lot of it, but it doesn't cause infections.

but as i said, you ass is a whole different story.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

I don't wash my hands after I pee. What I do is I wash my cock in the morning, then I'm good for the day! Sometimes it's the best bit of my day... I am very thorough.

-James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    NC1

Yeah employees not washing hands in a restaurant is but there's a possibility that they washed at another sink in the kitchen etc. instead of lining up with everyone else in the washroom?

Anyway, if you guys are that paranoid, how about buying a small bottle of hand sanitizer or carry a few packs of those disposable sanitizing wipes on you. That's what I do.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by eblend
    Is there a reason (other then hitting someone in the face) that the washroom doors always seem to open inwards and not outwards. I would love if doors open outwards...wash your hands and don't have to touch teh damn handle
    I was at a bar once in the bathroom when I stopped at the door to look down and make sure my fly was up when some moron pushes open the door and it smashed me in the top of the head, nearly knocking me out. I stumbled out of the bathroom feeling my head to see if I was bleeding and the bouncers told me to go home thinking I was hammered. I got banned for the night.

I have never in my life witnessed someone wash their hands properly in the bathroom. You should wash with lots of soap all the way up your wrists for at least a minute. After seeing people get up out of a bathroom stall at work and walk out the door without washing made me give up handshakes for good. Whenever someone wants to shake my hand now I just tell them I don't shake hands. If they ask why then I'd explain it but nobody ever has.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

People around my office are notorious for this shit. It's gross. Some walk right out of a stall and out the door.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

well i personally wash my hands before i touch my dick.. either that or i don't piss on my hands...lol

but all jokes aside.. that is pretty disgusting... i probably would have just walked out of that place

soap (especially antibacterial) is overused

it's one thing to wash off dirt, etc., but another thing to kill off all of the bacteria that you encounter in everyday life. this not only prevents people from developing strong immune systems, but also leads to the 'superbugs' that are behind many of the widespread 'epidemics'

Yea I don't get why people dont wash their hands. Especially in public. At least run some water over then is it looks like you did.

The other day I watched a guy walk into the bathroom, wash his hands, piss and then proceed to walk about without washing. Like how fucking bizarre is that?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by nonlinear
    .... leads to the 'superbugs' that are behind many of the widespread 'epidemics'
    The major cause of 'superbugs' is from misdiagnosis from physicians who automatically prescribe penicillin. Moreover, the food we ingest isn't helping either.

I read a cool article about these in bio 231 called "March of the Superbugs." If you can't access journals online, PM me.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1996 del sol

i would like to say i wash my hands....but when you go to wash your hands is it not like touching everyguys dick...really if you need to turn the tap on, then its you touch the paper towel dispencer and the door truely its a lose lose and to top it off theres all the people that dont wash they only touch 1 thing rather than 3 there dick and the door

the only clean place worry free is like the saddledome no doors motion activated everything

Originally posted by msommers

If you can't access journals online, PM me.
    thanks, but i work at the u, yo

but yes, you are right about antibiotics prescriptions. i was just pointing out that antibiotic soap contributes as well
    Last edited by nonlinear; 02-23-2009 at 10:22 AM.

oops.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

if its a clean washroom with no touch sinks and stuff i wash my hands

if its dirty and i just take a piss and i can get in and out of the washroom with just touching my own dick that i know is clean i don't wash, your hands will be way more dirtier touching the soap dispenser the sink and then the soaking wet paper towel dispenser which is probably the worst. If you take a dump in a public washroom i hope you wash your hands
    after dumb
    grab paper towel, use it to dispense soap and turn on and off tap, dry hands with renaming paper towel and use it again to open the door

or just carry antibacterial hand cleaner and apply once you leave the bathroom.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Sick.

Reminds of when I was at University a couple years ago. I was in the bathroom washing my hands after taking a pee, and an old asian guy leaves a stall after obviously having dropped a huge duece, and walks straight back to the Asian food place there (Kobe? SW corner of foodcourt). He started preparing food without washing his hands.

To prepempt the question, yes I did follow him, but only because I was on my way to buy some lunch from where he worked.

Needless to say I didn't buy lunch from there anymore. I sent in a TLF about it.

This would have been in 2006.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Funny, I was reading this thread then went to use the washroom.
    As I'm washing my hands, another girl walks out of the stall, looks in the mirror...fluffs her hair and walks right out
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

if ther eis no paper towel to open the door, its my sleeve. if im wearing a short sleeve, its the bottom of my shirt. i aint touching that shit, high class or not, that doesnt mean people still dont wash their hands.
    I wear dece clothes I wouldn't do that! Gross!

Don't get me started on personal hygiene, my roomate is beyond disgusting.

He stinks, showers regulary, but doesn't use soap (he doesnt have any and I hide mine so he doesn't "steal" it)

Never washes his hands, and for some reason he loves giving high-fives. Never, never, never, Will I high five him. It's repulsive.

If he sticks his hand in a full doritos bag, I start putting garbage in it. He just turned it into a garbage bag.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast