Quantcast
Whats is a good consolidation company? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Whats is a good consolidation company?

My Ride
    2001 WHITE PRELUDE

Default Whats is a good consolidation company?

i just trying to find a good company to help me get out of debt!

nobody is going to help? i could also use this info for a friend

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Any bank or credit union will offer loans that can be used for debt consolidation. They will also have advisors who can give you advice on the best way to do this.
    Try:
    ATB
    Royal
    TD
    Scotia
    CIBC

Or pretty much anything on this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banks_in_Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 01:26 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Depending on your situation, like how dire it is or otherwise, if you are simply finding that you are living comfortably and still making your payments but want to analyze your finances to see where it is that you have extra cash to work with, there is nothing like a spreadsheet where you lay out your monthly income and expenses broken down (yes, it's a budget). The first time you do it, and especially if you forecast out your debt level or savings over the next year, you'd be surprised how much you're not/could be saving.

If your situation is more on the dire side, then looking for professionals is the right way to go. Credit Counselling is a not for profit: http://www.creditcounsellingcanada.ca/about_us.html

My Ride
    fast and red.

Unless you can't manage the monthly payments, start paying your highest-interest debt off as quickly as possible - ie, make all of your minimum payments, then pay as much as possible toward the debt with the highest interest rate. Also call your creditors and ask for interest rate relief - plenty of credit cards have no-frills lower interest options. If this isn't feasible, follow the previous advice and try the banks before you try the finance company.

Originally posted by canuckcarguy
    Unless you can't manage the monthly payments, start paying your highest-interest debt off as quickly as possible - ie, make all of your minimum payments, then pay as much as possible toward the debt with the highest interest rate. Also call your creditors and ask for interest rate relief - plenty of credit cards have no-frills lower interest options. If this isn't feasible, follow the previous advice and try the banks before you try the finance company.
    I also agree with this. Certain consolidation will also ding your credit; but if you can work out something directly with creditors and manage that way, you'll save yourself some grief.

Watch that show on TV called MAXED OUT, pretty much deals with people that need help managing debt. The strategies they employ are the right way to go. Unnecessarily dramatic acting at times, but the message is there.

My Ride
    2001 WHITE PRELUDE

thanks a lot guys

Default here

here's a great place to help, its the Credit Counselling Society and they are a non-profit organization The Credit Counselling Society gives free advice for all types of credit and debt issues. Hope this helps!