Quantcast
whos's at fault? car accident - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: whos's at fault? car accident

Originally posted by tom_9109

You remembered right, just I never stop trying to improve myself and adjuster was the logical step.
    That's awesome, congrats! And welcome to the other side of the fence.

I think i'm talking about something completely different. I was thinking that if the Police get involved, assign him "at fault" for the accident (which usually includes a careless driving ticket), insurance can mark him on both counts, for the ticket and the accident. However if you fight the ticket in court and win, thus the fault isn't yours anymore, the ticket will be void, and you can take the Judge's remarks to your insurance company. What i'm talking about sounds completely different though because the Police wasn't involved?

The police can't assign fault, they can sure give tickets. Liability is not determined by what the police said, however, police reports are reviewed and is part of the investigation. Police don't know insurance rules for settling claims.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

I'm not sure if the swerving comes into effect but if you slam on your brakes and someone rear-ends you, they are 100% at fault for not leaving enough room regardless of weather conditions.

...now if the fact that you lost control has anything to do with it I'm not sure.

Originally posted by Tram Common
    I'm not sure if the swerving comes into effect but if you slam on your brakes and someone rear-ends you, they are 100% at fault for not leaving enough room regardless of weather conditions.

...now if the fact that you lost control has anything to do with it I'm not sure.
    Thats if both companies are signatories to the IBC agreement. Without it you'll find the guy from behind will be at fault in most cases still.

Originally posted by ralliart_girl
    The police can't assign fault, they can sure give tickets. Liability is not determined by what the police said, however, police reports are reviewed and is part of the investigation. Police don't know insurance rules for settling claims.
    oh. And therein lies the difference between Ontario and Alberta. In Ontario, Police can assign fault to an accident. Its so gay

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Originally posted by Generic

oh. And therein lies the difference between Ontario and Alberta. In Ontario, Police can assign fault to an accident. Its so gay
    Also, in ontario if your insurance company does an investigation, and you are found to NOT be at fault.. the other insurance company cant fight it.. but in MIGHTY ALBERTA! the other company will not accept blame.. so its ends 50/50.. like last year when i got t-boned.. and it wasnt my fault. FML
    Last edited by Tarrantula; 02-25-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Originally posted by Tarrantula

Also, in ontario if your insurance company does an investigation, and you are found to NOT be at fault.. the other insurance company cant fight it.. but in MIGHTY ALBERTA! the other company will not accept blame.. so its ends 50/50.. like last year when i got t-boned.. and it wasnt my fault. FML
    trust me man, I'd take Alberta's insurance over Ontario's any day of the fucking week. It's a joke here. See my rant on insurance
    "
    Originally posted by Generic
    you guys have no fucking concept of insurance.
    In Toronto, insurance is a bitch. One speeding ticket and it will go up 25%. Accidents are double your insurance easily. There's a real industry here of people who fight tickets and accidents, dedicated lawyers for traffic accidents and incidents even. New male drivers are usually insurable 6000 bucks, hard to find cheaper then 5k. Even the agents on the phone (and i called 25 places here before I found one) told me that as a student with 3 full years of driving experience and no tickets or accidents and drivers ed and full G license, I should be driving > $2000 dollar vehicles that are cheap to repair in accidents and to insure, and they recommended Pontiac Sunflowers and Cavaliers. I couldn't believe it.
    I was paying $3200 a year for my 01 Prelude without collision, no vandalism/fire/theft, and basic liability (now I'm looking for my next ride, I just sold it). My sister with one year of driving pays $3900. And these are discounted rates because my whole family is with this insurance company. Unfreaking believable. I was getting quotes for $6500 a year average for my Prelude when I started calling around, with the highest quote being $7700 which is without collision, fire/theft.
    "

Yet one more reason not to live in Toronto. JK

My Ride
    300ZX

he is at fault your were a stoped vehicle in an "emergeny lane"
    MIKE

Originally posted by atgilchrist
    Put it on the list right under being neighbors with Quebec.

Originally posted by bobyo_2001
    he is at fault your were a stoped vehicle in an "emergeny lane"
    Its not that simple, being backwards and half in the next lane has to come into play. Ask yourself what the proximate cause for the collision is? What set off this unbroken chain of events, was it the guy who may have been following too close or the guy who spun across 2 lanes and came to a stop backwards on the shoulder? Think about it people, what makes the most sense, the guy completely out of control or the gut in control who simply could not avoid the out of control driver?

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Originally posted by tom_9109

Put it on the list right under being neighbors with Quebec.

Its not that simple, being backwards and half in the next lane has to come into play. Ask yourself what the proximate cause for the collision is? What set off this unbroken chain of events, was it the guy who may have been following too close or the guy who spun across 2 lanes and came to a stop backwards on the shoulder? Think about it people, what makes the most sense, the guy completely out of control or the gut in control who simply could not avoid the out of control driver?
    I blame the acid trip thinking about the answer.

Originally posted by atgilchrist
    no kidding. I'm enjoying my plus 5 today, how's -15?
    haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3