Quantcast
What to do after HS Grad? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do after HS Grad?

Default What to do after HS Grad?

im only in grade 11, but im wondering whats best t0 d0 after high school grdatuation? is it wise t0 skip a year and work or should i attend college right away? thanks

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

You should go attend college right away cause your spelling is horrible
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by dj_rice
    You should go attend college right away cause your spelling is horrible
    haha beat me to it, yah don't write like a retard expecting real advice

I say HS diploma is prolly all you will even need anyways (all other normal people if at all possible go to post secondary right away as taking a year to work means you will probably never go back to school)

Originally posted by eblend

all other normal people if at all possible go to post secondary right away as taking a year to work means you will probably never go back to school
    werd, and you better start studying for the english diploma exam now
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

work for the summer until the fall time. save your cash. late fall early winter take a trip to europe or asia or australia. before you go, get applications ready to university or college when you get back. come back the following summer. enjoy summer at home and work to save some more money then go back to sch00l. you can change the timing but otherwise g00d plan. brah!

My Ride
    GTI

Don't go to school until you know what you want to do.

All right all right, thanks everyone.

Check it out everyone, first off, improved spelling.

Taco: is this what you did? and out of the three places, which one is the best?

In terms of part-time work, where's the best place to work (no food/restaurants)?
    -_-
    da intrenet is my best freind

After HS go back to HK.

My Ride
    Integra

Restaurants = TIPS
    as a student those are plenty !
    Quote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Its better to die on your feet than live on your knee's.
    -Emiliano Zapata Salazar
    -------------------------------------------------------

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Work, make coin and fuck every girl you possibly can. Then travel and fuck every other girl you can.

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

Originally posted by bamboo_warrier

In terms of part-time work, where's the best place to work (no food/restaurants)?
    several options here, all depends on what you want to do in the future when you're actually returning to school.

You can get a full time job that pays really well and then you quit once you go back to school (construction, mechanic)

You could get a full time job that pays moderate and is able to be switched into a part time job once you enroll in school (working at the mall clothing stores)
    - this is the type of job i have, and from personal experience a job like this is perfect for students because it gives a lot of flexibility while bringing in the money to pay for student loans. try and find a commissioned job, you'll end up getting paid more usually

You could get a seasonal job (golf course during summer, COP running the chair lift during the winter)
    (my friend does this, says he's really happy because his job changes when the snow is gone, so it changes things up)

you could get an internship downtown, some are paid most aren't, but this is HUGE networking

im not allowed to go back to hong kong..i can only go to mainland and fuck them ugly big sixers..

now what do i do?
    -_-

i apologize for that outburst.

for internships, i need my diploma right, or do they look for hs students too?
    -_-

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

i apologize for that outburst.

for internships, i need my diploma right, or do they look for hs students too?
    i know when i was in high school, employers actually came to our school to find interns
    of course it was non-paid, but my friend ended up doing it last summer and he says that he still gets emails from coworkers just to see how he's doing and such
    its huge networking for the future and he's planning to go back for a paid position to work when uni gets out in early may

Originally posted by Hakkola

, I wasted fucking years doing shit I didnt want to do.

If I had graduated I would have probably made like 40-50k a year..

Not having a degree and working in something any guy would die to do, I make a few times more than I would with my degree , plus i get to see and go to some crazy places.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

After grad? Probably go to the warehouse and drop some E.

so what did u end up d0in
    -_-

im not allowed to go back to hong kong ..i can only go to mainland and fuck them ugly big sixers..

now what do i do?
    Then you are probably not allowed to be in Canada.
    I am calling the immigration office.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Completely agree, without a doubt.

You wouldn't believe how many people have the idea in their head that go to college/university right after HS or you're fucked. Unless you know what you're wanting to do, or at least have a really good idea, going to post-secondary is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

In my opinion, travel, work, volunteer, spend money on stupid shit, party your brains out.... Traveling really does something to you, I don't know how to describe it. You experience so many things, come back with expanded horizons and, normally, are ready to settle down and finish shit up.

Good luck, and stop using 0's as O's for fuck sakes.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by msommers

Completely agree, without a doubt.

You wouldn't believe how many people have the idea in their head that go to college/university right after HS or you're fucked. Unless you know what you're wanting to do, or at least have a really good idea, going to post-secondary is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
    For instance, I went into engineering. It INTERESTED me, and I THOUGHT IT was cool, AND I thought it was FOR me. Then, I realised I'd be spending four years of my life just barely passing, and spending four years of my life under constant stress. So I wasted two terms worth of tuition money, and a year of my life learning something that wasn't for me. If I would have went straight into a technologist program like I am now (Instrumentation engineering technology), I would have had a job a year ago. Things worked out for me, as I got a government job and basically have been following my passion (racing) for the past 1.5 years. But it was a hard lesson learned.

So if you aren't 100% sure what you want to do, wait a bit. It is a HUGE commitment (you're married to school for X number of years essentially), so don't take it lightly. If you are interested in a specific field, try to get some experience with it as an entry level position person.

My 2 cents!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast