Quantcast
Since when. husband cannot pick up parcel for wife?? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Since when. husband cannot pick up parcel for wife??

then why not go to the extreme and ask for ID when delivering the package. you wouldnt want your cleaning lady signing for something.

Did it need a signature?

If so, I can see why they may require the person who ordered the items to sign for them.

I think that's stupid...if they come deliver it to your house they let anyone who opens the door sign for it and accept it (or at least they have every single time they've ever delivered something to my house)...how is it any different for someone with the same address to go pick it up at the post office then?

I've also never had a problem doing this though - then again the brown ppl at the Mac's I go to don't seem to care much...maybe it's because I'm brown too so they don't bug me about it when I pick up someone else's parcel who lives with me.

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

I moved out a few years ago, but for simplicity I kept getting my packages delivered to my parents house. (I work out of town, if anyone they're the ones to pick it up while I'm gone.) Then one day some power hungry lady at the post office wouldnt let them. And since my address on my drivers license was different she wouldnt give it to me. I even provided them with the damn invoice that showed bill to: my current addy, and ship to the other addy. Nope they held it for 3 fucken weeks incase some mystery person with my name and my parents address showed up then sent it back. I've since redone all my ebay/paypal info to ship to my current adress but had to put a letter on file with them authorizing my parents to pick up my parcels, and I have to get them to check my mail when I'm expecting something and out of town, total pile of BS.

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    Did it need a signature?

If so, I can see why they may require the person who ordered the items to sign for them.
    Even if they require a signature, anybody at the house can sign for it.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Well .. from their website :

"If acting on behalf of another person or organization, additional proof of such authority is also required."

So I guess .. they can ask for authority ..

However, as some member said .. how come they just let whoever open the door and get the parcel ??

That is actually good case, so many times, even I was home, they didn't even RING my door bell, but just put that stupid notice in front of my door ..

If they DONT need to collect money .. just drop whatever parcel in front of my house ...
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    POS

Originally posted by C4S
    Well .. from their website :

"If acting on behalf of another person or organization, additional proof of such authority is also required."

So I guess .. they can ask for authority ..

However, as some member said .. how come they just let whoever open the door and get the parcel ??
    I have also heard of writing a note giving the person picking up the parcel permission.

They probably figure if someone is in the house, they have the right to be there.

Although if you are standing around out front, doing whatever, and intercept the mail person on the way up to the mailbox they usually just hand over any mail/packages, or, just throw it at the house somewhere. [vid 1] [vid 2]

Originally posted by nusneak

I have also heard of writing a note giving the person picking up the parcel permission.
    I once shipped stuff to my parents place but I used my own name. They were unable to pick it up from the post office and required a note that had a photocopy of my licence on it to allow them to pick it up. Really annoying especially since often they don't even ring your doorbell since that would be too much work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2